Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Kirios posted:

Mario Kart kind of sucks, though.

What the...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I just worked a poo poo load of overtime this week and I'm gonna use that overtime money to buy a switch

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

man in the eyeball hat posted:

if they could just port nba street vol 2 i think we'd all be fine

why'd they stop making those games, they were aces

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

I always figured selling franchised plastic doodads would be an easy ticket to big money and I thought a lot of shows were basically extended adverts for the toys they sold related to it.

Guess it doesn't work so well in the videogame sphere?

I wouldn't take brosephines posts at face value honestly

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

parallelodad posted:

Here's the ranking.

1) DKC3: Dixie's Double Trouble
2) DKCR: Tropical Freeze
3) DKC2: Diddy's Kong Quest
4) DKCR
5) DKC
6) DKL
7) DKL3
8) DK64
9) DKL2
10) DK King of Swing
11) DK The other one that was on DS, or the other one that was on GBA? The King of Swing sequel or prequel

I never played the bongo one, can't rank. I'd honestly recommend any of 1 - 8

Find some time to play the bongo one, it's really good

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Astro7x posted:

I've been waiting for my library to get Switch games in for a while now. No way I am paying to play 1 2 Switch

drat where you live

My library just has dudes jerking off at the computer terminals

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

drat where do you live??

Sorry man you're gonna have yo wait if you wanna jerk off at the terminals they're all full right now

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Weird Sandwich posted:

The first one, Australia has one of the highest rates of online piracy in the world. It seems getting ripped off in price so consistently removes the guilt of piracy for some reason...

It's because y'all have criminality built into your very DNA

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Rad Valtar posted:

If your watching a Nintendo Treehouse to look at boobs you might want to get out more.

People like that should stay in away from others actually

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

samus doesn't have time for romance, she's a single mom who's married to her job

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Stoked for Namco to release a Tales Of game on the switch. A Vesperia/ Berseria port would own

Graces is the best one solely on the strength of the combat. Shame that asbel sucks so bad though

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Is there a single person who can write well about video games

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Breath of the wild is insanely good

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Patter Song posted:

I've gathered as much. I guess I'm just coming to terms with Zelda maybe not being the series for me from here on out. This game stripped away basically everything I actually liked in the series.

The future is now old man

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Breath of the wild but all the horses are replaced with atvs

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Serious problems? I dunno if I agree with that, or we might have differing definitions of serious problems

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Lakbay posted:

I thought hard mode would be "link now has to eat food periodically or he'll starve to death" and other survival game stuff but it sounds just like stat inflation on enemies

No offense but that sounds awful

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah it's easy to avoid them but if I ignore every fight in the game then there's not a lot of moment-to-moment gameplay other then me scrambling up the side of a cliff or something.

E: Changing topics tho, if Nintendo were to announce they're making a new cup for MK8:DX and they're bringing back 4 fan favorite courses, which levels would you want to return?

Dk mountain (originally in double dash and returning in wii kart), and I don't care what the other three are

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I honestly wish that bows broke faster

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I feel like you used to be able to toggle the number of laps in old Mario kart games

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

Why didn't Nintendo wait until I finally decided I wanted a Switch to release it? loving IDIOTS

*in internet posting voice* "wow Nintendo really stepped in it this time, if they'd just follow my advice they wouldn't be selling out all their switch stock

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Disgaea5 is excellent

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Apparently toys r us is getting a shipment on Friday, so try that

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

But uhh, don't go to the store I'm going to

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Waiting in front of a toys r us because I've completely lost control of my life.

"Hey boss I'm gonna be in late tomorrow, I have to... run some errands"

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I am holding a slip for a red and blue switch. I feel powerful

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I Also own a red 3dsxl so I'm known for tacky console taste

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Imma buy those yellow joy cons when they come out

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I hope they put spotify on there because that's one of the best ps4 features.

Playing enter the gungeon with your own music is legit

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I wish binding of Isaac didn't have the world's ugliest aesthetic, it seems like it'd be the perfect game for me otherwise

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Louisgod posted:

You get used to it, just buy it.

I'll just wait for enter the gungeon, my roguelike obsession of choice, to come to the switch

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Al Borland Corp. posted:

The latest NVC podcast has an interview with the voice actress who did Zelda. And uh, either she has started subconsiously altering her appearance to look more like Zelda or Nintendo cast her because she looks like Zelda.

The legend of Zelda begins anew

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

played puyo tetris demo I can't win against the cpu in the 4-player battles should I still get it

It's pretty great, so yeah

Though I will say that this game makes me want a new puzzle league (or Pokemon puzzle league on the never coming out vc)

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Dizz posted:

I was gonna ask if Disgaea 5 demo save file would transfer to the main game, but there's not much you can even do in it.

In the ps4 version people would get their characters up to level 500 cuz this is Disgaea, son

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Twintelle is problematic.

Please drop your support for Twintelle and resume the your support for Min-Min as God intended.

I think this uses a kind of dumb point to start off with, but I think it ultimately makes a pretty decent read

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Honestly tho, that lady has a good point about hair options in character creators, but it seems completely removed from Twintellle

Yah this was my read. it uses twintelle because she's popular and new, which weakens her overall point but also gets people to click on the article in the first place. Such is the double headed demon of internet writing

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Ubisoft must be stopped

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Although this finally dethrones those Olympics games as the worst thing Mario is in

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The Bloop posted:

Did this make more sense in Japanese or something?

In English this is the dumbest or laziest adjective to give a literal "street fighter"

Ken is a good all American karate man with a wicked ponytail until he is brainwashed and turned evil. Makes sense to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

I'll also accept a sequel to Kid Icarus Uprising.

Kid Icarus is the best Saturday morning cartoon I've ever played and a sequel would be amazing

• Locked thread