Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Augus posted:

I am mad about video game opinions

That's sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Lmao at people replying asking for a Vita version.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

HyperPuma posted:

*stands still for 15 seconds waiting for lizard to finally attack*

this... owns

Lol if you don't throw bombs everywhere and start fires creating updrafts and floating into the air and using your arrows in midair every combat encounter.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Playing Super Mario Bros level 1-1 and you have stand still and wait for the first goomba to walk over to you so you can jump straight up and land on his head without moving... I have a fire suit now but it still wants me to wait and jump on the bad guys. This game sucks...

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Detective No. 27 posted:

Dark Souls came out on Switch instead of Skyrim in the Bernie got elected universe.

:thurman:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

s.i.r.e. posted:

Dumb goons in the Nintendo thread memeing over a bad golf game should come as no surprise.

There are goons in the steam thread who play hentai bejeweled and think it's ok and normal. Sometimes you just gotta know when to not buy a game.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Harlock posted:

Kirby has been pretty much the same game for a while and it keeps getting new entries. If be ok if they just kept making Star Fox 64 over and over with different graphics and routes.

I think Kirby has the cute appeal and the games are generally pretty easy-going so there's a wider audience for a traditional Kirby game. Also they make a ton of wacky games with Kirby like Canvas Curse and Mass Attack and stuff. I'd like a new Starfox 64 but shmups are pretty niche, even if it's like the most mainstream one. Also I have no clue why the Wii U one had so many boring slow levels but the classic feeling levels were pretty cool and coop was fun.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I still think they should do another tilt n tumble on the switch. It's the perfect platform for it!!

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Beastie posted:

Just spent 2 hours playing MC with Lobster using Discord. They were playing handheld in bed and I was docked with my Pro Controller.

Switch is awesome.

I'm super hype for the update that allows crossplay with the windows 10 version. I think having bought it in the alpha I can get a code for that one and then play coop with GF on the switch hell yeah.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Bill Barber posted:

"Yeah let me just add a layer of material between the screen and my eyes, that will definitely make the picture quality look better" -people in 2017.

Lmao

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Fun Times! posted:

First time ever in a Steam Sale I'm skipping cheap PC games (Hollow Knight, I Am Setsuna) for their more expensive console counterparts.

Yeah I told myself I'd get Thumper when it goes on sale on steam but poo poo's only like $7 off and I'd rather just pay the full cost and get a portable version too.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
To quote Biggie Smalls; "Super Nintendo"

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

The Bloop posted:

Right, so who cares if you can select four slower speeds?

You can only play one, slow speed in Super.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Lmao at you dumbass nerds thinking that will ever ship legitimately.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Imagined posted:

How NPCs react to you if you're wearing the Tingle suit.

Lmao

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Has anyone said like those pitch perfect movies but instead switch perfect??

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
The Wii U is good as hell. I have a library of like 20 fantastic exclusives but they're being ported to the switch so lol jokes on me.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Tatsuta Age posted:

I guess what I mean is, I can use prime or gcu for physical games, is there any equivalent way to do that for digital?

Your best bet is to keep an eye out for deals on eShop cards. Places like eBay run promos with them occasionally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

unrelated but your av should be this thread's gang tag instead of that snipperclips one

• Locked thread