Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Mister Facetious posted:

Good news for Nintendo and Switch owners; anyone who browses "All Games" on PS4 each week should know by now that Sony is going, ahem- full Steam ahead with allowing any dumb gently caress indie "developer" (and I use the term loosely here) onto their store page:

It's like they actively don't want people to look at their store page (and thus, buy games) anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Ice Cube Ghosts cost a lot of money dude.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

shadow puppet of a posted:

Came here just to read this.

Still here because I want to see people's angry reactions to the educated insinuation that Honored Nintendo would skimp bin parts when making their screen scratcher.
Same. :munch:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Captain Toad Deluxe when??

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So I was playing ARMS and my right joycon just stopped working entirely. Like it's not taking any inputs, not reading any punch motions, it's just dead- but the light on it is still on.

Any advice? I have no idea what caused this.
Disconnect and reconnect via the controllers menu.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Housh posted:

I have a feeling Stardew Valley on the Switch will be the definitive version since the dev said it'll be the first version with 4-player co-op. I think that's why it is taking so long too.
It's a PC game. Controller support for it is rear end and will always be rear end.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

LethalGeek posted:

Well all mine are already up to date so yay...whatever that will ultimately be about.
What the heck are you on about?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
That's too many games.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
So I booted up my Switch for the first time in a couple weeks looking for something new to play and saw Cave Story was posted in the thread. It's 30 loving dollars? Seriously? Pretty sure I bought it 9 years ago on the Wii eShop for like $8.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Didn't Fragmaster do a v/o of that F-Zero post? Someone find that.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Devoyniche posted:

Does nobody have the Fragmaster reading of this? I think I might. I might be able to find and upload it so it isnt lost, because it was pretty funny I think.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
lmfao you screen protector people are so insane, I love it.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
"Yeah let me just add a layer of material between the screen and my eyes, that will definitely make the picture quality look better" -people in 2017.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

KingSlime posted:

where did the screen protectors touch you lmao

you should try tempered glass screen protectors sometime, seriously they're really good, the ignorance in your post makes it clear that you haven't actually ever tried one!

my note 4 from 2015 has one, visibility and functionally are completely unhindered, and the screen below is pristine. Protector + case = mint condition for years with literally no detriment to function or visibility

resale money, bro, devices that are kept in pristine condition sell for a lot more than devices that have clearly been heavily used for years
ok bro

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

KingSlime posted:

*looks at extensive list of screen protectors for sale for literally any device you can imagine*

no it's all in ur head dude

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Al Borland Corp. posted:

You'll be able to hack this but you'll need to perform a series of extremely precise glitches in Super Mario World and have a multitap.
Uploading specific roms via a series of 16,000 specific multiple controller inputs is gonna freaking suck.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Andrast posted:

It's not very surprising that people with a switch would prefer the ability to play these games on their switch instead
The Switch VC is being delayed because they're toying with the idea of attaching a Netflix style subscription system to their online services, not because they wanted to release a cute piece of plastic instead.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

L M A O for loving ever at this.

Good luck ever getting one. The NES was impossible to get and people thought they would be sold for years.

Nintendo quit loving around with this scalper line camper bullshit and make the VC for Switch.
No one thought that. It was very clearly a holiday item.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Takoluka posted:

What's the total price of a standard SNES and every one of those games, not CIB?
$700

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

s.i.r.e. posted:

So when do preorders go up?
I mean, no one would even possibly have an idea of how much stock they're getting just yet. The Amazon.uk this was obviously just a blind pre-sell which is why they had to take it down after 3,000 people hammered it in the first 20 minutes.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

lovely Wizard posted:

Star Fox 2 makes me realize - what other nearly complete but unreleased titles exist that Nintendo could pull out of their vault (I believe they always had much better prototype/asset archival than poo poo like "throw out sonic's source code" Sega or "throw out chrono cross's original backgrounds" Square) and polish up a bit for an actual release?
Mother 64

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Detective No. 27 posted:

How far along even was that?
64 wasn't very at all. I was typing Mother 3 and then decided to change it into a joke post.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Have we gotten a hot take from Dr. Tim in regards to Nintendo releasing a console with Super Mario World in the year 2017?

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

snes was bad, give us Stardew Valley and VC Nintendo, thanks

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is snake pass good or nah?
$10 is the upper limit I'd pay for it. It's great and fun but incredibly shallow and short.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Manky posted:

I'm pretty curious what's going on with the new sness pads since the sness mini appears to have OG connectors but Nintendo's product page says the console is compatible with wii classic controllers
It's a false front that flaps down to reveal the classic Wii connection ports.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Morby posted:

Best Buy's app still lists it as "coming soon". Nothing has gone live anywhere in NA.
This is the Nintendo Switch thread.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

SeANMcBAY posted:

Cave Story on Switch is apparently getting an update to play with the original graphics as an option

Is it getting an update where it doesn't cost $30 freaking dollars for a 10 year old game?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I would like to play Stardew Valley both docked and undocked, but that may never happen at this rate.
It's a mouse cursor based game. Shoehorning console controls into it takes it from an 8 to like a 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Bum the Sad posted:

LOL solution: yank it off
That's what I did when I put them on upside down the very first time.

• Locked thread