Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
There was a snafu with my best buy order but I had no problem rolling into Walmart when they opened at 6 this morning to grab a console. They had more neon consoles than grey and I bought the second of two pro controllers. Would recommend any homies looking for a switch to go to Walmarts that have recently switched to a 6-midnight schedule due to repeated stabbings after midnight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Rirse posted:

Well I can test myself in a few hours when Best Buy opens and I can go pickup my in-store order. I just wanted to ask first because my old bluetooth earbuds broke the other day, and if the switch doesn't support bluetooth speakers, I Just go ahead and get a high quality 3.5M one instead this time.

I don't see any way in the OS to pair anything except joycons and pro controllers. The only way I can see it even possibly working is if your headphones have a way to connect to the dock via USB. There's definitely not a way to set it to discover and enter a PIN, though. I think 3.5mm is the only way to go for headphones. 3.5mm to BT adapters exist but I don't know if any of them are worth a drat.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Kawabata posted:

I mean the money from the games they buy goes to Nintendo but it's not exactly the same. BOTW is not helping to move the Switch as much as it could obviously.

The alternative would have been to release it exclusively for the Switch and piss off every Wii U owner enough to not buy the system or the game. I wonder what the attach rate for Zelda is. Every person I saw getting a Switch this morning bought at least Zelda and I can only assume anyone who buys the system without Zelda is just going to get it digitally.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

A Proper Uppercut posted:

This did not seem to work. I'll give it another shot

I had to press it three times but then it rumbled and turned on my TV and three A presses later I'm back where I was in Zelda. Hell yeah.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

What's the likelihood they're just sick of people using save files to break open their systems? I can't imagine it's a good feeling finding out your past three systems have the ability to play pirated software due to code injected in to a save file. We don't have a browser and I'd be very surprised if we get anything beyond online backups tied to accounts.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

World of Goo has a calibration screen when you boot it up and it looks like the gyro is good enough to simulate pointing at the screen as if it were a wiimote with an IR bar.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I just sold A Link Between Worlds for the 3DS for 2 dollars less than I paid for it brand new.

Never buy digital when physical is an option is this gamer's opinion.

That's kinda how I feel, too. I'm getting Binding of Isaac on the Switch tomorrow because, with GCU, it's the same price as Steam's all-time low for the bundle. I have no idea how many copies of this game they'll eventually make and it's way easier to buy digital during a sale while reselling the physical copy. Doubly so if the game has a more limited print run. I finally relinquished my copy of the Metroid Prime Trilogy for about $30 more than I paid for it and used $10 of that $30 to get it on the Wii U when it was released digitally.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Tender Bender posted:

Lol yeah let me go with the inconvenience of physical over digital so I can save tens of dollars by selling all my all-time great games back to gamestop.

Like GameStop was gonna give me $60 for Metroid Prime Trilogy. If you find cart switching laborious how do you even play games at all?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Anyone have any experience with the RDS System case that holds the dock and everything? Biggest complaint (aside from the awful smell RDS cases always have...) I've seen is that if you have the Joycons attached to the grip, the bottom-most button can get pressed and cause it to drain the left Joycon's battery. I'd just have the joycons attached to the console itself, so that isn't a problem, and I'd be sticking a Pro controller in there instead. Is the material the Switch itself gets jammed into towards the front abrasive enough that it could scratch the screen?

Tender Bender posted:

Who said it's laborious? It's just less convenient than pressing an icon in your home screen, and needing to keep every game you own stored near your console and also taking them with you everywhere you go.

If the cartridges were the size of a SNES cartridge then, yeah, it'd suck having to pack them all up, but nearly every Switch case comes with some plastic pack that holds at least 4 Switch games and you generally get two of them in the cases I've looked at. One game in the system and eight in cases gives you access to 9 games and it's not worth gambling on whether we're gonna be able to connect to a server to redownload software in the future. Plus, when physical is the same (or cheaper in the case of GCU) price as digital, I don't understand why the four seconds you'd save swapping out the cartridge is really worth going all digital. At least not until Nintendo works out the kinks with their OS to allow you to choose where to save games.

I'm biased about this though and I got probated once because I thought I was posting a similar point of discussion in the PS4 thread when it was actually the PSN Store thread. Probated before I even realized I had posted in the wrong thread.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 16, 2017

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Ok from what I've listened to and read so far someone came up to that one guy who waited in line for a Switch for half a month and attempted to swindle money from him and Triforce?

And Triforce is saying that he gave him the last of his personal money to the guy because the potential swindler said he had no money to get back home, or something.

This explains everything. Who is triforce?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Apparently bomberman r is now almost 10 bux after shipping.... is it still worth that amount or should I just save it for something else??

Online play seems to have issues about 75% of the time I've tried playing. I've had incredibly laggy matches with players close to me and I've had flawless matches with 6 other Japanese players, so I honestly have no clue what causes the issues. If the developers can actually fix the broken online multiplayer, it is absolutely worth that price. If it remains broken forever, it really depends on the number of controllers you have access to and how much you think you'd enjoy a Bomberman campaign with ~50 levels and co-op play. Personally, I think it's pretty good and, when the online works, there isn't currently a better multiplayer game on the Switch. When it doesn't, it's a broken mess and not worth the time you spent looking for a game (usually isn't long, less than a minute).

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

You can use abxy and the analog sticks to make a fiyah hot track during the matchmaking wait. I enjoy it at least as much as the game itself.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

SeANMcBAY posted:

What's the largest microSD on the market right now?

Samsung 128GB Evo cards are available at Walmart for between $25-35. I'm probably going to cave and get one tonight. I have been waiting for Best Buy to sell Samsung or Transcend cards for a reasonable price but it looks like Walmart is gonna be the place to go. I don't have Amazon Prime anymore and eBay is filled with too many sketchy cards.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

deadwing posted:

How did this argument escape from 2007

To be fair, their point makes sense when you consider we're talking about solid state storage, not discs. It's purely greed on the part of WB in order to make more per unit. I think it's a pretty scummy way to push the cost of production onto the consumer and will likely lead to other, larger publishers doing the same thing to their multiplatform titles. Definitely is not a good precedent to be setting, even if you are 100% into digital purchases. I have many friends who live in the boonies and must use 4-5GB data/month tethered to their cell phones because broadband isn't available. This can't be instilling consumer confidence with rural Switch owners regarding third-party titles in future.

edit: And WB Games doesn't even have contact info other than a piddly online support form or social media, so good luck calling them out on their lovely practices. :rolleyes:

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Junkie Disease posted:

How can it not cost more than a blueray? On the other hand there is no way this could have been a portable blueray player.

Blu-ray is great at holding large capacities, but lacks the bandwidth to be able to properly stream most types of media. It's fine for movies, but the seek/transfer time for other applications like gaming are piss poor, which is why both the bone and ps4 just straight up install the games on hard disk drives now. Yes, you're right--it costs more than discs. That said, no one (outside of developers) really know the price difference between a 8, 16, or 32 GB cart. I'm more confused as to why the hell they didn't stick it on a 16GB cart and require a smaller amount to download, splitting the storage costs with end users. It's not wild speculation that more physical storage costs more because Nintendo has always charged market plus a little extra for themselves for physical storage.

I haven't posted anything on Twitter for years and I feel like a gently caress you to WB isn't a great introduction to any friends that still happen to be following me. I used a $20 off coupon on eBay to get the game for $30 so it isn't like I can cancel my "preorder" at this point.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Junkie Disease posted:

I agree on all fronts. But you can kindly ask what is their deal. I asked Dunkin Donuts twitter what was their goal with the new veggie wrap. No reply but I feel I shared my confusion.

But with the switch Carts are the best option but they do need to charge something. They can't go with the games being on normal micro sd's for many reasons. I expect this cost will drop as does the price on micro sd cards.

Whether it's in a MicroSD format or soldered onto a Switch cartridge, the storage price shouldn't really vary much/all from a production standpoint. If the storage soldered to the carts is a higher speed than Class 10 specs, it might be more expensive. It all depends on the speed of the memory and the interface speeds (do the increased number of pins on carts allow the memory to be accessed faster than the number of pins in a MicroSD slot?) but I think the biggest factor missing in all of this is Nintendo's pricing on the carts. We need to know the following:

WB Games exec posted:

The difference between 8GB and 16GB is ______? 8GB.

If the value is something ridiculous, let's say less than a dollar, gently caress WB. If the value is something equally ridiculous, like $5, gently caress Nintendo.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

zenintrude posted:

Is this the goon approved case?

Found it at Target for $29

I bought this case and really like it. Fits pro Comp troller, dock, ac adapter, all the cables, and the joycons are still attached when it is inserted. Some people complain about RDS cases because they smell bad but mine must have been aired out because it doesn't really smell at all. If you don't need to bring the dock, get another case.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:lol: if you don't have Prime.

Prime was great when you could split it with 3-4 other people for $20/yr but paying the full Prime price now isn't worth it unless you buy a ton from them every year. I used it primarily for video games and the drastic jump in price ($10.99/mo? :lol: even yearly is $100 if you pay in full) means you need to buy 8-9 $60 games every calendar year to save the cost of Prime. GCU at Best Buy is $30 for two years (less than 3 full-priced titles in two years to recoup buy-in) and doesn't end after the game has been on sale for 2 weeks like Amazon. I had Prime for almost 10 years straight but recently dropped it because Amazon's customer service blows and haven't looked back. Plus, it's frustrating that Amazon won't get their poo poo together to rid the site of third-party scammers.

Amazon's still great if you live in the boonies but if you're even remotely close to a Best Buy, I've had much better experiences ditching Amazon altogether for video games.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Mahoning posted:

I mean, sure, if Amazon Prime was only good for discounts on video games, then yeah, your price breakdown makes sense. But, there's like a ton of other benefits to it, not the least of which is evident in this very thread on this very day....they're selling their Switch stock to Prime members only.

There are three tiers to product availability at Amazon: Are you in a Prime Now area? -> Are you a Prime member? -> Do you have a free Amazon account? Just because they started locking off more and more products behind a Prime membership doesn't constitute as one of a ton of other benefits, IMO. It's like people going to Sam's Club and feeling very superior to Wal-Mart shoppers. Let's not even act like Amazon Video is worth 1/100th of the Prime membership, either. Amazon's great if you live in rural areas but because they don't price match anything anymore (they will straight up make you request a return, send the item back, and buy it again at a lower price), there are way better deals to be found outside of Amazon in 2017. Jeff Bezos is the second-richest dude in the world--he doesn't need any more of my money.

Ornamented Death posted:

Technically you can still kind of do this, you just haven't been able to change or add anyone since Amazon redid the program and there's always the possibility they'll just remove the option entirely at some point. But they haven't for the last few years, so me and my crew have continued splitting the cost.

I haven't been able to do it properly since 2012-2013. Any additional members I add to the account can only get 2-day shipping if they ship the item to my billing address. If I change the shipping address or add a new address entirely, it is only eligible for free super saver shipping. :shrug:

Wasn't exactly trying to turn the thread into an Amazon debate. Just know that there are better options than mashing F5 on Amazon's website in 2017 to obtain a Switch. My local Wal-Mart doesn't allow shopping between midnight and 6 AM anymore due to an increased number of stabbings, so I waltzed in at 6:00 AM on March 3 and picked one up without fighting through any crowds. They still had about a dozen of them by the time I had gotten checked out with everything. If you're having trouble finding a Switch, I recommend leaving knives scattered around your local Wal-Mart and waiting a week or two.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

FireMrshlBill posted:

Yep, I moved to the suburbs, so most things around me were built up in the last 15 years. So ordering from Amazon doesn't rob a local mom & pop operation of money. I make use on Prime for pretty much everything other than food. Why spend $20 on something at Target when I can probably get it from Amazon for $15 and get it a day or two later, if it was the same price I would go to Target to help employ someone locally, but not going to spend more money if I don't need it immediately. Add in streaming service, video game discounts and unlimited cloud storage for photos and Prime is worth the $100/yr to me.

I purchased this Switch case from Target for $10 less than Amazon (they finally dropped the price to match Target). Even in the event it was cheaper at Amazon, Target price matches Amazon and you don't have to wait for any shipping at all. Some B&M stores also have promotions that Amazon doesn't touch. I'm not wealthy enough to own Dash buttons. I have spent thousands of dollars with Amazon over the years so it isn't like I'm not aware of what you get out of it. Unless it's just :effort:, everyone price matches and tax is the same. I'd much rather stop at Target or Best Buy and get it in ~10 minutes for the same price. I just happen to live in an area now where there are alternatives to Amazon and Prime is no longer a value for me. I appreciate everyone's civil discussion about this because I don't think I've recently seen discussion on any topic not turn into a complete shitfest after a few posts. Sorry to anyone who saw a lot of new posts thinking something cool happened with the Switch. I'm gonna shut up about Amazon now.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 30, 2017

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

lelandjs posted:

This is almost certainly an April Fool's joke.

It is. Much like this new Fire Emblem game coming to 3DS and Switch

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Katana Gomai posted:

c) only idiot hell fuckers didn't buy a wiiu

Agreed. The only console I regret buying in the past decade is a PS4 because, compared to the Wii U, I never play it and there are half as many exclusives worth playing. Yakuza 0 was fantastic, though, so it has eased the regret. I'm sticking with PC + Nintendo for the foreseeable future. Plus, I use my Wii U to play GameCube games too. 3DS for NES, GB/C/A, SNES, DS, and 3DS software. I have been playing Final Fantasy IV Advance before bed over the past week. sure love me some Nintendo systems

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

Ps4 got good 6 months ago

If you have a PS4 Pro, maybe. I bought my PS4 in January of 2016. :\ I'm just glad Ni No Kuni 2 and Destiny 2 are coming out for PC because I'm giving my PS4 and games to my nieces/nephew this year as their Christmas present. I'm playing a bit of Yakuza 0 still and I have been playing Kingdom Heats 1.5 this week. Both of those games run at 60 FPS (except the KH cutscenes) so they're fine on the base PS4, but the other games I wanna play (like The Last Guardian) just run too poorly without a Pro.

Here's some Lego City Undercover footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL2pm9bNvYY&t=350s

Doesn't look too hot on the Switch, sadly. There's pretty bad pop-in and it runs 720/30fps (like the Wii U original) vs 1080/60fps on the other platforms. :( Doesn't look like there are ever more than 4-5 vehicles on screen and rotating the camera seems to despawn traffic.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Stux posted:

i just timed it on my og ps4 running p5. it took two seconds for a p5 splash to come up, 5 seconds overall to load back into the game. is that slow now? i know its not vita fast but then again i dont think the switch is either is it

For shits and giggles, I tried running a test between my PS4 and Switch as well. My results weren't anything like yours. It takes my PS4 (with 7.2k RPM HDD, if that matters) almost 20 seconds to actually enter rest mode and then another 10-12 seconds from rest to on and outputting video. The Switch goes into rest mode and comes back with a signal in less than 10 seconds total. My PS4 takes about three times as long as my Switch to put into rest mode and then bring it back so I'm not sure what top-of-the-line PS4 you got but you should harness its power for good and not evil

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 6, 2017

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Stux posted:

its an original non-slim ps4 with a 5400rpm WD blue 1tb drive in it

Mine is the gold/white Destiny TTK with 1TB 7200. The PlayStation stops outputting video after a few seconds but there is very clearly poo poo still going on with the console/drive for another 15-20 sec after putting it in sleep. Then I hit the PS button, the controller LED is solid, and it takes about 7 sec to output video. The Vita and Switch are both much faster because they use solid state storage. The PS4 has maybe 120 hours on it so I doubt it's dying. Never have issues in games. Either way thanks for saying something because I had no idea the option was there and I've been restarting games entirely when going into sleep mode.

Is there a recommended Bluetooth adapter for using Pro and Joycons on the PC? USB or PCI?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Why are so many people getting defensive about someone's microSD purchase? Even if 512GB does wind up being overkill, quite a few people who post in this thread spent $100+ on MicroSD storage when 256GB will be down to $30 by the time they break 128GB.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Tea Bone posted:

Sorry if this has already been answered in the thread but if I buy downloadable copies of games then my SD card dies do I lose all the games on it or can they be re-downloaded. Similarly if my switch dies and I get a new one will all my games be stuck on the old switch?

All attached to your Nintendo ID in either event.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Kashuno posted:

I can't believe Street Fighter 2 Again is gonna cost $40 fuckin US

It's because it is getting a physical release. I'll bet it'd have been $30 if they went digital only (which is probably still $10 too much). Until 8GB NAND drops to pennies, I can't see anyone being able to get away with a $30 (or less) physical release anytime soon, even for smaller games like USF2:TFC.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Empress Brosephine posted:

What's the best way to play galaxy? On the Wii or Wii U?

They all use the same Wiimote/nunchuk/sensor bar setup, so I would say Wii U only if you don't have component cables for your Wii.

edit: god drat you sean mc ba(b)y

For like 10 years now I've been seeing your name and the guy with the tiny mohawk from EGM springs to mind every time

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Apr 19, 2017

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

Being screwed out of a win with no recourse was something I've hated about every Mario Kart game.

This still isn't the MK for you, probably. I dunno what the odds are, but you're way more likely to get a single banana peel or a coin than you are the horn that can destroy a blue shell. I have been pretty consistently in 1-3 place just before I cross the finish line and still always wind up at 5-9 place by the end of it. I was in 10th place on one map during lap 2 and the person in 11th hit me with a red shell and 12th place hit me with all three of their red shells. I never saw another person again during the rest of the race.

edit: braking doesn't work. I let the person in second get ahead of me (with plenty of time to spare before the shell started circling me) and still got targeted by the blue shell. Works for red shells though.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

parallelodad posted:

I'm usually the most embarrassed for the audience, applauding and losing their minds over something like FF7R trailer which no one in their right mind believed is coming it before 2020, or cheering a millionaire executive for a billion dollar company that makes games, rather than announce a game they are making or paying for, announcing that gamers will get to fund this next game via Kickstarter.

If Konami announced a Goemon Kickstarter I'd probably hop on board. Shenmue 3 is only $29 so if it means half off games, what's not to like about sharing development costs?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

The Nintendo Switch fits just fine in my JNCO skunk shorts pockets

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

KingEup posted:

Framerate is hosed with 3 player local in MK8. Anyone else suffering. No issues in single player or two player.

The game refreshes the top two screens and bottom two (one in 3p mode) screens in alternating fashion and the framerate is dropped to 30 fps.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

My girlfriend picked up Puyo Puyo Tetris over the weekend and it's a lot more fun than I thought it'd be (even though the campaign is full of stuff that would have made me cringe if I were half as old as I am). We've probably played it a combined 10 hours since Saturday. Haven't even considered playing Mario Kart 8 yet

Sadly, we also noticed our pro controller has an issue where pressing down is sometimes down-left and sometimes down-right, which is awful in Tetris. I still haven't sent in my left Joy con, either, so it means I'm going to wind up having to ship all of my controllers off to Nintendo to get them repaired in some way or another. I leave the console docked 90%+ of the time and it looks like there's a slight bend in the system itself, too, which might eventually need service. Out of two NES, a SNES, VB, N64, GC, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, DS Lite, 3DS, 3DS XL, two New 3DS XLs, a Wii, and a Wii U, I've never had to send anything into Nintendo before and I'm 1-3 or (maybe 0-3 if the warping gets worse) with Switch hardware. I really like the system, but the initial batch had pretty bad QC and I can't imagine it's getting better with them increasing production numbers. :(

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

irlZaphod posted:

:same:

Except I think we're a bit old to be Millennials.

If you were born after 1979 but before 2000, you're a millennial. Your confusion is understandable because one of the key traits of millennials is not wanting to be labeled as such, especially by baby boomers or other millennials.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

katkillad2 posted:

I want new games for my The Nintendo Switch.

:yeah: It's ultra low effort to re-release a bunch of Wii U games and makes me feel like a chump for getting a Switch when I already felt chumpy enough for getting a Wii U. Hoping to see a bunch of new games at e3 and will likely unload the Switch if it's just a swath of ports and remasters. I've spent about $140 on the same Mario Kart (with DLC) at this point even though I haven't played it once since getting Puyo Puyo Tetris due to constant connection issues. The Switch is definitely a better system if you didn't have a Wii U.

Also bums me out I've had three separate issues with my Switch hardware and none with ~25 years of other Nintendo hardware. The two most expensive controllers I've ever bought (joy con and pro controller) are jacked and the entire system itself is getting curved to the point it looks like the screen is about to start popping up at the bottom-right corner. :sigh:

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Al Borland Corp. posted:

What's wrong with your pro controller?

As fornew games, there's of course ARMS, Splatoon 2, Mario Odyssey, Mario v Rabbids: Dawn of Justice, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Xenoblade 2 all supposedly by year end, so that's some fairly wide genre coverage. And some Indies of course, a lot of which are old, but a lot of which are going to release simultaneously as on other platforms and a few that are exclusive.

When pressing left or right on the d-pad, the controller sometimes inputs up. I never noticed it during Zelda but it happens fairly frequently in PPT and causes whoever is using the controller to accidentally insta-drop a piece at least once per game. Couldn't get into either the Wii or Wii U Xenoblade games after sinking about 8 hours into each of them, ARMS/Splatoon/rabbids don't interest me at all, and I played Hyrule Warriors enough that I could never play another musou game and be ok with it. Leaves pretty much only Mario and whatever e3 surprises we have to look forward to, in my case.

LethalGeek posted:

Yours a launch one or get it later? It seems like the hardware griping in the thread dropped off after the initial plainly rushed/learning batch, and I'm hoping that's all it is and not some 360 level of screw up.

Bought everything at launch. Still need to contact Nintendo to get everything repaired.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Tender Bender posted:

Don't buy a console if it doesn't already have enough games to validate your purchase.

I've had every Nintendo system released in NA and they've all had a bunch of decent games in the first 6 months or so, including the N64 when games were $70 for a while. My most played Switch game is a port of a game that came out over 3 years ago. I don't think it's unreasonable to gamble on a Nintendo console's first year of games because it has paid off every time except with the Wii U.

Is it possible to discuss the negative points of a console in its Games thread or would more people like to act as if my disappointment is a personal affront to them and I'm a big ol dumb dumb for not wanting to play a rabbids game?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Thom P. Tiers posted:

What? I don't remember this at all.

Mario Kart 64 was the first N64 game I bought that wasn't $70. Mario 64, Wave Race, and Shadows of the Empire were all $70 when I bought them. I think MSRP was $60 but retailers weren't keen on making a dollar or two on a $60 cartridge when they were buying disc-based games for the PSX and Saturn for much cheaper.

Zelder posted:

To be fair, like 8 of the 9 first party games that they've announced aren't to your taste so it was kind of a dumb gamble

1-2 Switch, Zelda, Snipperclips, Arms, Mario Kart, Xenoblade, Splatoon 2, and Mario are the 8 Nintendo games that were announced when I bought the system in March. I own 3 of the 8 and will get Mario when it comes out, which means I'll have bought half of the first-party games I knew about before buying the system. So no, I don't really see that as being a fair argument. Rabbids, Fire Emblem Warriors, Pokken, etc. weren't even announced yet. I'm hoping for Animal Crossing, Metroid, Smash Bros (that isn't just a port of the game I already spent $100 on), Kirby, Pokemon, Donkey Kong Country, Earthbound, Pikmin, Kid Icarus, or something besides a quick $60 port to be announced next week. That's what I gambled on.

Wheany posted:

Yeah, but you should wait until there are games that you want before buying the console. I didn't buy a PS4 until like 18 months after the launch.

I didn't get a PS4 until last January, but I do most of my gaming on a PC so it hasn't seen a whole lot of use, aside from Yakuza, FFXV, and Kingdom Hearts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Imagined posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it only possible to delink your Wii U/N3DS and move your digital games to another console if you currently had possession of, say, the old Wii U and a new one? That is not the case with the Switch.

You can do it but it requires a call to customer service. I've had a 3DS, 3DS XL, and New XL and sold each system prior to getting the new one. Takes a couple of days though.

• Locked thread