Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Music Theory posted:

I mean, they could just reuse the gamecube adapter they made for the Wii U, since the TV dock has two USB ports on it.

Presumably these will print money again when super switch bros comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tender Bender posted:

Stux is actually right on this one, Splatoon is very good but also should have had more maps at launch, it's not a controversial statement to say this and you don't need to spend pages arguing about it and attacking strawman versions of other (good) FPS games.

WRONG.

Splatoon's rollout was certainly controversial. I, for example, think it was good. At the least, it didn't hinder it becoming one of the system's best sellers, so it must not have been too bad.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Norns posted:

Oh so it's an arena shooter like quake 3?

Is the arena itself your primary target in Quake 3?

It's almost as if trying to force everything into an arbitrary premade genre box and judging it against the other things in that box is, like, dumb and bad.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tender Bender posted:

Breath of the Wild is really good, I want to be home playing it.

:yeah: :same:

Nolgthorn posted:

Store experience today: Switch overstocked
:eyepop:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They should make a new Waverace for the Nintendo Switch.

It's true.

Nintendo has good water.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Norns posted:

No. Plastic rails to guide a plastic screen device into a dock is pretty poor design.
This is true. The rails should have been rubber or something if the screen wasn't going to be glass.

It's a super minor issue in the scheme of things, but it is legitimately an issue.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tender Bender posted:

very unpleasant docking experience

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > A Very Unpleasant Docking Experience

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I loved the giant boomerang too. I assume there's more than one in the game.

I know stuck-in-the-ground weapons seem to respawn when monsters do, but I'm not sure about chests. I also don't remember where that big boomer was. I wasn't yet keeping track of stuff like that when I found it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

VideoGames, please change the thread title back to what it was before

>Nintendo Switch Thread: Docking, Desynch, and Durability Discussions

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rirse posted:

Also don't forgot something about even finding the system.

>Nintendo Switch: Docking, Desynch, Durability, and Delivery Date Discussions

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Also if you have Link be shirtless and leave him to idle he gets a unique idle animation that only plays when no shirt is equipped: he'll start flexing

Trying this when I get home from work

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

glassyalabolas posted:

I never took the Joy-Con grip or straps out of the box. Pro Controller or handheld mode for me only.

but what about when all your friends come over

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

NipperTips

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

irlZaphod posted:

I can't Splat tonight as I'll be at a football match, but I think I'll be able to Splat tomorrow and Sunday. :woop:

You're thinking small, friend. This is Nintendo Switch. You can play Splatoon at the football match!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

shovelbum posted:

Now I gotta physically go to a store and buy Zelda, lame

You could download it.

You shouldn't probably, but you could.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Robot posted:

Wait, why shouldn't you download Zelda?

All the reasons stated, plus you need to lick the cart to see how it tastes.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

inferis posted:

There's no reason to use ad hominem attacks here

That's not what ad hominem means.

Ad Hom: You are a piece of poo poo who masturbates to anime, therefore your argument is invalid

Not Ad Hom: your argument is invalid, therefore you are a piece of poo poo

Not Ad Hom: you are a piece of poo poo

Stux posted:

edit: ^^ noted, i'll stop! i just think people are misreading me and acting very hostile towards someone simply expressing a preference so i was just trying to soften up my posts in case it was my tone that was doing it!
Nah, you post things in fact terms and then backpedal and call them opinions or preferences when you are called out on the facts being bullshit, "alternate facts", or not actually facts at all.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cojawfee posted:

The dream of photoshopping your hand into a picture?

I assumed the dream was about the other hand

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

deadwing posted:

How did this argument escape from 2007

It's a bit different considering the mobile nature of Switch. Of course we don't know if it needs internet always it just for the install.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I already had enough arrows and easy access to a shop that sold them so I didn't bother with climbing the drat mountain.

I mean, I've climbed it and fought that rear end in a top hat, but I didn't need to for that quest.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

eonwe posted:

actually, do

In Breath of the Wild, no one gives a gently caress when you pick up a rupee and the game doesn't stop to tell you about how happy you are or what you can do with it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

The only good case is the generic gray eva case that has a nice mesh pocket on the top side that holds a poo poo load of stuff but is still thin. You can find it all over the internet.

The Zelda Special Edition case is good

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Junkie Disease posted:

Hmm I saw rain as a challenge

Also, it makes certain weapons better or worse, makes certain critters and things appear, and it's not like you can't climb if you do the 4climb1Jump technique. It limits your climbing earlier in the game but less so later, so regardless of what direction you go in it puts higher things more out of easy reach and that is a good and clever mechanic

The one thing I haven't really liked and wasn't at all clever was just being stopped by an invisible wall and told NOPE at the map edge. Why is there obviously walkable land and no contrived story reason to stop me? Just nope. That was lazy and the only thing I can say that about so far (100+ hours in )

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have Shovel Knight on WiiU so i have plague Knight. Do i also have Spectre Knight?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

eonwe posted:

You don't currently, but you will. Right now its only on the Switch. But if you own it on the Wii U you'll get Spectre / King Knight / Battle Mode when they are released outside of the switch.

Spectre Knight comes out in April outside of the switch

Thank you, kind elephant friend

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Left joycon range test.

Test result: poo

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Inzombiac posted:

Yooka Laylee delayed on the Switch.
No ETA as of yet.

I'm sad but also not.

Delay is far preferable to half assing

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Harlock posted:

Jackbox doesn't have online play unless you stream the game
I don't understand.

What does this mean, as it relates to Switch?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Harlock posted:

Sorry if my comment was unclear I thought people were looking to play online with others who were not local in the same room. The only way to do that is to stream it somehow. They can still join your game with room codes and stuff but it's not really fun unless you can see the screen

It's cool that's why I asked.

It works like I wanted, so I'm happy. I was just confused about the streaming.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Policenaut posted:

That's the first April Fools gaming joke in a long time that makes me really, really upset.

I was briefly fooled by the SMB4 one and it made me sad

Kind of still does :smith:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jivjov posted:

Hey, someone was asking to see my amiibo collection?

No double-gun Samus?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

Has anyone figured out if Parental Controls are possible on a per-user basis? I can play as much as I want because I'm not a child but my child needs to be limited. Do I really need to enable/disable parental controls when he's using it? My guess is yes... :negative:

It's per system, but are you using the free app? Did you watch the cute as poo poo video with Bowser and Jr?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LethalGeek posted:

There should be some sort of token discount for WIi U owners
I got a 50% discount by trading in my MK8 for $30

I feel pretty good about it.

These pants should be discounted because I bought pants three years ago and they were the same!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

parallelodad posted:

As far as I'm concerned Mario kart 8 has five characters. Ultra light, light, medium, heavy, and super heavy. Anything they add on that is just cosmetic skins with no gameplay effect.

Like, now that we have dry bones I can select five identical ultra light characters instead of four. Whoopee.

Why even bother animating characters at all? I bet if Splatoon was still just grey and black tofu squares in a black and white Atari Combat dungeon, it would be half the price!

Also, what's it like being a soulless robot?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HyperPuma posted:

are mass produced plastic videogame figurines art?
Yes, arguably (so, yes)

A display of them can certainly be.

Doesn't necessarily make any of it good art obviously.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HyperPuma posted:

i think art needs to attempt to communicate something

what does the amiibo wall communicate?

Clearly different things to different people.

Hence, art.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Retail margins on computers and game systems are razor thin. 10% is high. High end stuff (multi thousand MSRP) has more. 50% is straight up insanity for anything with a power button.

The only high margins in electronics are on accessories/ cables/ batteries and warranties.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Nintendo Switch Thread: pROMpt ROM pogROMs

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chairman Wao posted:

I heard the Nintendo Switch invented the concept of making video games fun to play. Is this true? Can anyone confirm or deny?

Perfected, not invented.

Easy mistake to make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Some of my amiibo are dating each other

Is that OK

• Locked thread