Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
How is demand so far?

I am debating swinging by Target (opens 8am) on my way to work to pick one up. I suppose I'm willing to wait a short while, but there's no way I'm lining up at like 5am.

Those of you planning on buying at midnight, how are the lines? Are there even lines at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
I am at my local Target and spotted their inventory list.

52 Grey consoles and 21 Neon, if anyone is curious.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
I just linked my Nintendo Network ID to a new Nintendo Account. The NNID has my Mii from the Wii U on it and I'd like to use that Mii as my Switch avatar.

Is this possible? How can I do it?

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Bill Barber posted:

You can transfer it over if you've got an amiibo.

But I don't have any Amiibo :(

Am I out of luck?

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
I charged my Switch to around 80% this morning using the USB C charger from my Pixel phone. I am traveling and did not leave the switch on its dock (because the dock isn't here).

When I next looked at my Switch around 5pm, the battery was completely depleted.

I would have sworn I put it in sleep mode. It just sat on a shelf all day. Anyone have something similar happen?

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
I thought Human Resource Machine was a release title, but I can't find it in the eShop. Is it not released yet?

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Inzombiac posted:

Okay, I am an idiot and electricity is basically magic to me.

Could I charge (however slowly) the Switch with the USB C charger I got with my Nexus 6P phone? The cable is not third party or anything.
Could I charge my phone from the Switch AC adapter and have a reasonable assumption that it won't catch on fire?

I'm trying to only take one charger to work with me. If I could leave my Switch charger in the dock all the time and get a trickle from my phone charger, that'd be okay.

I have been using my Pixel XL charger with the Switch for several days and it seems to be working fine.

My "I am not an electrical engineer" understanding is USB devices will attempt to draw the amount of power they need, and the USB power supply being drawn from will supply that much power or less (depending on the power supply), but not more.

Thus, USB devices may charge slowly if an insufficient power supply is attached, but shouldn't overcharge because (1) they won't attempt to draw too much and (2) correctly made power supplies will not supply more power than they can safely deliver.

Of course, all this goes out the window if you buy cheap knockoff parts. Benson Leung has proven many USB Type C cables were made with incorrect hardware (either to save money or out of ignorance).

My assumption is that Google's official power supplies are compliant. I've had no explosions so far.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

irlZaphod posted:

Apparently the Switch sold 105k units in France during its first week. In comparison with the Wii, that sold 95k in its first week there. Also BOTW has about a 90% attach rate, unsurprisingly.

I want the Switch to be a success as much as anybody, but I am skeptical of these "most first week sales ever" numbers.

Maybe they just reflect Nintendo having produced more units for release week than for previous consoles, rather than reflecting more total demand than ever before.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
Does Puyo Puyo Tetris have some way of playing in a mode where I can cap the speed?

I want to play classic endless Tetris without the speed getting to a point where I quickly lose. As it is, every match I hit a wall at ~10 minutes and lose because it's just too fast.

Sometimes I wanna chill rather than play at hyper speed.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
I am an American currently traveling in Europe with my American Switch and American credit card.

I want to buy Arms off the eShop, but the transaction is being denied. I know my credit card is working fine, I can use it on other local stuff.

Is my American card not allowed to buy from a European IP? What's up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I am an American currently traveling in Europe with my American Switch and American credit card.

I want to buy Arms off the eShop, but the transaction is being denied. I know my credit card is working fine, I can use it on other local stuff.

Is my American card not allowed to buy from a European IP? What's up?

I resolved the issue. Incase it helps anyone else:

I tried purchasing via the web based store. Also didn't work.

I found a post on gamefaqs suggesting to try reinputting the credit card data rather than using the credit card data Nintendo has on file. That *did* work on the web based store. I have a feeling it would have worked on the Switch itself too.

Looks like this isn't a geolocation issue but rather is some bug with credit card storage on Nintendo's side. Hopefully there's no fun infosec bugs!

• Locked thread