Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I'm a sucker for DQ but this looks so quaint after BOTW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Ooph and I'm not digging that mix of real-time battle and menu-command-based actions and AI-controlled party.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

The Bloop posted:

Every time you use it, it drops a rock on Link's head.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I'm guessing the US stream didn't have HD boob squeezing?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I think it's either of two things: they want to focus entirely on the Switch (so VC news soon) or, they are going to do a NES mini 2.0 for this holiday and are going to build up more stock.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Infinitum posted:

All I know is

potable Mario Kart

Lick the cart

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

TFRazorsaw posted:

I mean what specific department? Is there an email? A phone number?

Just send it to my uncle.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

I don't think I can pick which ones

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I'm liking I Am Setsuna but just don't expect Chrono Trigger.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I can't get enough loving amiibo!!! I will literally buy a golden korok turd if they put a chip in it and slap it on a round base.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Healbot posted:

drat phone posting, whatever.

I'm also getting the physical version of MK8D because I enjoy letting people wait for me to load into any game, really.

I'm going to find the slowest piece of poo poo SD card I can for this reason.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

parallelodad posted:

I read so many articles about how the Switch game cartridges were so unnecessarily large that it was crazy, and then I finally got one and it's like the smallest game case of any system I've ever had.

They were talking about the cases, which are still drat small.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I went to Target tonight and was far more disappointed than a man my age should be when I saw that they didn't have the Mario Kart carts.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Yikes. That music is godawful and the art direction actually angers me.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Who gives a rats about Sonic

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

acksplode posted:

I dunno. New 2DS looks an awful lot like a low-cost budget model that Nintendo can churn out for as long as the 3DS library keeps drawing people in.

Oh man, I totally thought the New 2DS XL was some poster's joke. I'm not sure why.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Bum the Sad posted:

Dear Nintendo why does your Eshop suck. Why can't I look at titles available. You literally can only view new things or best selling, other poo poo fades into obscurity and are unable to be shopped for unless you search for them specifically. How is this a good design?

You can do an empty search and see everything.

Still reallllly sucks though.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I bought a couple games I want to play on the PS4 and it's just like... Ugh... I have to sit on the couch for this?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Bad Parenting posted:

now just buy a ps vita and you can sit on the shitter and play them on a much better screen than the switch

The OG one, maaaaybe. Going back to the 3DS is brutal.

Also, whoever was talking about Taint Reaper a few pages back, I clicked on the link to his last post, and now every time I open the awful app or come back to it from sleep I'm taken to that post, so my taint is getting constantly reaped right now.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Mega64 posted:

Rumor: Metroid Trilogy to be released for Switch in Spring 2018.

Contains Other M, Federation Force, and Metroid Prime Pinball.

I'd buy that just for Metroid Prime Pinball. That game owned.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Al Borland Corp. posted:

My son just came up with a Mario Kart course. It's a hot dog. And it is straight, there are no curves or loops. And the only way to win is to figure out how to get out of the hot dog.

That's a neat idea. It would go well with some other ones I thought up for a Sandwich Cup.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

EpicNemesis posted:

Is Wii music an IP?

Wii was an IP and it was doing fine until they made that new controller for it

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Nintendo made Square give Mario a hammer instead of a sword. There's no way that is real. :ohdear:

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Technically, Mario doesn't see anything, he senses vibrations through the ground like a snake.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
#damaged

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Meridian posted:

Beldar has a weird lookin' sword.

Haha I had almost the same thought, except about the super freaky senso-rings.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

HyperPuma posted:

arms is awful

Couldn't play the testfire but this is all I need to hear to know I want to buy it.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

ethanol posted:

why does that game say NINTENDO SWITCH VER on it... lol

Truly a mystery for the ages...

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

HyperPuma posted:

the devs did an ama on reddit where they explained its taking so long cause the switch isnt powerful enough to run it acceptably

Lol they didn't say that at all

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Mega64 posted:

How do I port my posts to Switch? I think my posts are easily worth $5, maybe even $10.

Well, first you have to get a name change to "Mega64 NINTENDO SWITCH VER"

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Tokyo RPG Factory's whole MO is 'make games that are a bit like popular RPGs from the past only boring and bad'

Haven't they only done one game so far?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

I'd be happy with that. That's another Wii U game I skipped that I'd buy on the Switch.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Those screenshots look amateur as gently caress and if they're real I'll eat my hat and then immediately preorder the game.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
The Secret of Mana collection comes out in Japan this week and pre-orders have already sold out on Amazon JP. That's the one with 3 games (1 game boy and 2 super famicom) for about 45 bucks.

SOLD OUT.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Yeah, honestly I've been watching the page for it to come back in stock.

It actually looks like a good port -- by M2 of the Sega 3D Classics fame. It's got a soundtrack select menu, 4:3 with border art or stretched aspect ratio, local multiplayer, quick save and load, and three color modes for FF Legend (B&W, Game Boy Color, and washed out Game Boy green).

E: Here's a page with a bunch of screens.
http://www.4gamer.net/games/374/G037496/20170526062/

If it sells as well as it looks like it's going to, maybe they'll localize it.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Imagined posted:

"Sphear" is one of the dumbest titles in the long history of dumb JRPG titles though.

"Octopath Traveler"

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

it shriveled up posted:

So, I bought this Anker charger, and it's fully charged, but does not seem to want to charge my switch at all. Either with the USB to USB-C cable or the dual USB-C cable. What gives?

Neither the Switch, nor that battery or its included cable are USB-C compliant. (Edit: almost nothing is, but the Switch is extra bad and even Anker is not 100% reliable. USB C is a mess because no one is regulating it.)

I've​ heard that battery can charge C to C with the Switch, so maybe try a different cable. Check Benson Leung's list.

But yeah. Officially you can only use Nintendo's plug to charge the Switch and anything else is a crapshoot.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I'm super excited about bringing my Switch to a rooftop party this weekend.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
It doesn't even have anime or boobs or anime boobs. :sad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Stux posted:

i understand that some people do do this, but for the vast majority of console gamers the process is usually: someone is online, i can see they are online because of my consoles friendlist, i send them an invite through the console and we are put into party chat also on the console where we can either invite more people or other people can join freely and then join our game from there. like for playing cod etc ill just go look at the party tab, i can see who from my friends is playing and who they are playing with and then join them and their game all through that interface.

Stux...good?

• Locked thread