Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

you can't see how scratch free a screen is if it's covered by a screen protector

giant set of problems solved by just not giving a poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

Regarding NBA Playgrounds, it's a bit lovely that it shipped without Online, but surely they could get around it by adding it as free DLC rather than a patch? Unless Nintendo have the same download size rules about DLC as they do about patches. You would think that DLC would be expected to be bigger than a patch, though.

I think it would set a good precedent if Nintendo just told them to go gently caress themselves and let them sort out how to refund everyone's money.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

bullshit

not even nintendo can be this asstarded

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

the japanese one has panel de pon??

hosed AGAIN

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

Its not a matter of "original experience" its a matter of them probably not having the original source code anymore and not wanting to gently caress with trying to reverse engineer and hack the game into working better. Just forcing it faster could cause all kinds of bugs.

They could put something in the option menu to run with overclocked SuperFX. I tried out Starfox with the SuperFX overclocked to around double its regular speed on real hardware and nothing seemed broken.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

even if they have triple the production of the nes classic, that just means the first guy in line will get 30 of them instead of 10

don't even worry about the possibility of getting one, just pretend that the promo images are photoshops some fan did

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Consummate Professional posted:

It’s those goddamn scalpers and definitely no one else

I don't understand all of the scalper deniers in this thread. They definitely exist and they don't need a logical reason to keep on doing their thing once they latch onto it.

poo poo, my local Walmart has a couple of different guys that to this day head in and buy several thousand rounds of ammo every single week because they want to resell it when Obama takes the guns away. Now extend that same kind of mental illness to an item where you only have to buy 3-5 of them to gently caress over everyone else in town.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

It says "Super Nintendo" in large letters on the box and right on the console itself. I've never felt a need to make up new names for it.

Guys what kind of screen protector should I get for my En Ess Zee?? If I get an adapter can I play games on it with my old Guckin controller???

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

The faster speed options, the ones people actually play, got removed for Super.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

here the gamespot employees won't take no for an answer and just repeat the script over and over until you buy something or walk out. the upsells are so important that they don't even think twice about losing a sale over it, i assume because of ultradickhead management.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

i've never traded anything in to gamestop because if i trade in a game i won't have that game anymore

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Either X or 3 and people will fight about which of those two is better.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Even 4 and 5 are worth playing once if you have someone to play co-op with, but 1, 3, and X are the ones I can actually sit down and just play on my own every now and then. If you're new to the series, I'd recommend just playing them in order. There aren't any radical gameplay improvements in the later games, it's just a matter of what level designs you prefer.

3 has lots of branching paths with unique set pieces in each to keep the game replayable, but the argument against that is that after a couple of plays you'll just settle into your favorite path anyway and that the more linear X just flows better as a whole. Personally, I like both games equally because they both have lots of shooting and explosions.

4 is considered bad because it's basically a shovelware game made up of content recycled from the previous games, but it also has the best soundtrack in the series so play it just for that. 5 is bad because it was released ~40% complete, with entire cut levels and boss fights still present in the ROM data.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jul 2, 2017

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Pablo Gigante posted:

Should be pronounced Spluh-toon tbh

Splezzz-tooz

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

if you look at a heavily stylized drawing of a fictional person in a bikini and your first thought is "this person is 14 years old, I can tell their age from the pixels" i don't think that the devs are the ones at fault

if the characters make you that uncomfortable you could also try just not jerking off to a given video game, not all media is for wanking

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

ok that censorship actually kind of owns

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

i've never played a xenoblade game and posted not knowing what the game looks like because "x has characters that i can imagine to be underage, therefore it's for pedos" is an alarmingly common goon viewpoint

if they actually came up with new outfits and characters designs instead of just doing lazy texture edits it's not a problem, and if they are all on par with that screenshot it's excellent

edit: or tokyo mirage sessions or whatever, whichever that screenshot is

A FUCKIN CANARY!! fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jul 4, 2017

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

i had a dream that i was playing a brand new pokemon game on my switch and it had a really elaborate and cool opening credits sequence that was, for whatever reason, set to crystal ball by styx

when i woke up, my pillow was gone

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Futaba Anzu posted:

the key visual for the new splatfest makes pearl not too much like a gross goblin at least

uh oh, looks like splatoon is now an anime game for pedos (tm)

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

uh oh, looks like splatoon is now an anime game for pedos (tm)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Strawberry Panda posted:

Is it weird I only dock my Switch to charge and never to play?

I put my Switch in the dock as soon as it came out of its packaging and I've never removed it. I don't even know if the built-in screen works.

• Locked thread