Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

beergod posted:

Googling a bit it looks like there was a mass delay with Best Buy preorders being shipped to Southern California (that's where I'm at). We've all been hit with transit delay messages indicating it's not going to get here until Monday. This could potentially be a pretty big deal for Best Buy so I wonder if they're going to leverage their relationship with UPS to get these out on the trucks by tomorrow but who knows.

I normally line up but I'm getting too old for this poo poo so I preordered with same day delivery lol and here we are, I might as well be lined up

My Switch is getting shipped from bestbuy to Los Angeles. Finally left their warehouse on UPS ground last night and is still set for delivery on the 3rd so YMMV. However it hasn't left Fresno while my Zelda and pro controllers are in Vernon already. So who knows. Basically bestbuy sucks, but we already knew that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Mega64 posted:

Second in line at Target right now.

Please pray for me.

May the lord bless you on your journey. I shall have a vigil for you with heads of the three main tribes here in Nigeria.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Mine got delivered. If only I wasn't 10,000 miles away from where it got delivered. It now begins its true journey.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Whelp had my mom ship it to me here in Nigeria, she didn't bother putting any contact information on the order when sending something to the most third world of countries. Anyone know how much of a pain it is to claim missing shipment insurance?

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Decius posted:

I like it, but I'm not over the moon like a lot of people here. It's maybe the fourth best Zelda game in my opinion. And the third best game I've played this year.

Not, the best they could have done is making something like A Link Between Worlds in 1998 instead of 2013. Instead the decided to use lovely 3D graphics to make a worse game than the two 2D games right before it.

:monocle:

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
What are the opinions on snipperclips. My Switch is still on its odyssey to get to me so I haven't had a chance to play it yet. Pre launch hype seems to have fizzled. Is this because the game isn't that good or that Zelda has exceeded any and all expectations and has taken over everyone's life?

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

enojy posted:

Why didn't the Switch come out on March 10th, tomorrow? It's Mario day, MAR10. Would that have been too corny? Too ironic since there are 0 MARIO games on it yet? Why is my phone still randomly autocorrecting Mario to all caps? Thanks, Mario Run.

Is that why my loving phone does that? Its been so annoying.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
So who here scratched their switch screen with the dock or is this the internet complaining about one thing some idiot did like bendgazi on the iPhone 6..

Edit: I ask this because my switch left morocco yesterday which means I will probably have it in hand on Monday and now I'm starting to worry about the scratches.

EpicNemesis fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Mar 11, 2017

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Which is better Ocarina of Time or Breath of the Wild?

Discuss for 4000 pages.

It's Breath

I'm the guy who through the years maintained that OoT was GOAT. The answer is Breath.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Switch already hacked:

http://wololo.net/2017/03/11/nintendo-switch-already-hacked-known-vulnerability/

Not fully open yet it seems but still pretty impressive a little over a week after launch.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Attention goons, my switch has landed and cleared customs here in Nigeria. I now move my chances up to about 60% that I ever see this thing. I really hope I don't have the joy con issue because if I do I'm going to have to deal with it for way too long with no solution. Also my couch is a good 10-12 feet away from the tv for double fuckedness.

Thank you for paying attention and reading this. God bless. I will post pictures of Zelda running on my switch next to my dog named Zelda if I don't get third worlded tomorrow.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Someone collected all 900 seeds, their reward was golden poop.

Also my switch finally arrived here in Nigeria, missing a joy con strap, not sure if that was from a customs inspection or a packing error back home. (deboxed it and shipped loosely in a case with all the rest of the poo poo in the box to cut down on shipping charges). It's amazing, and the nature of Zelda is such that I can catch up more or less to my Wii U save progress in a fraction of the time (with maybe less ingredients).

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Macintosh HD posted:

Well that was disappointing

:yeah:

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Infinitum posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHfOejlvVsY

Nintendo to double Switch production to 16 million units by year end

This does not include the 2 million units manufactured already by the end of this financial year (April)

Going to hear a lot less about the 3ds here on out now that Nintendo is building confidence in the Switch hybrid concept. They are going to be a force.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
I was disappointed with Fast RMX but that might be because I suck at it and can't be assed to learn it when zelda exists. Beating Zelda this weekend and now I'm deciding if its worth breaking into it more or just buying shovel knights since I have yet to play it (or really have any idea what the game plays like, I just know everyone loves it).

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
In less than a month we have hit 200 pages on this thread. My question to Videogames is if he plans on clockblocking page 1000 again. I need to know before I get emotionally invested again.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
I'm the guy who doesn't give a poo poo that an internet stranger wants to sell his Nintendo Switch hybrid gaming device™. I also agree with him that it's dumb that there is no way to backup his save. That is all I have to say on the subject. Also shovel knight is good but I kind of regret buying the treasure trove, I don't see myself playing more than the base campaign.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
So I enjoyed the splatoon test fire a lot in the hour I played it, but I'm not sure I can squeeze 60 bucks of enjoyment out of it.

EDIT: Unless the full game is a lot bigger and offers more than just new maps.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Dumb question:

Is there a way to create a second profile but have it sit silently in the background so I don't have to choose which profile I want to use when booting a game? Like, I want to keep my primary profile as the one games default to without asking, but I also want more profiles for Zelda saves/other* estores.

Basically I wish it worked like Xbox gamertags on one system where you log into one profile and arent asked again.

*Please don't say the use of "other" is racist.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

parallelodad posted:

The bigger the console the more Bluetooth you can fit in.

Blueteeth.

(I'm a few days behind this thread but I thought my clever joke shouldn't be wasted as a result.)

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Would the united guy have gotten off the plane voluntarily if he had a switch/ could easily buy the switch with the 800 bucks?

EpicNemesis fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Apr 12, 2017

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
I failed it a bunch of times. It was terrible. At the end after the wolf he doglegs left really quickly and somehow either always sees me or I lose him then truck over him because he is grass height and green and I was playing in handheld on mute. Took me about an hour to clear it, it sucks because it is way too long, has an unforgiving fail state for the length, and is completely counter to everything that makes the game great.

EDIT: When I finally succeeded I lost track of him after the wolf and just waited a while longer and guessed where he was going.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Yea that occurred to me a few days later and I hated myself.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Andrast posted:

Spirits tracks is correctly rated as garbage

The only Zelda game I've played that I haven't beaten. Trash game for people with trash taste. And I actually enjoyed Phantom Hourglass.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Half way there.

Dear Video Games, don't lock the thread at 1000 pages or my semen will never be free.

Dear Switch thread, my left joy con has the signal issue and my pro controller has the d pad issue and I'm stuck in a third world country for 2 more months with no way of servicing them. I don't know what I did wrong in life but I don't deserve this

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

HyperPuma posted:

does anyone know of a lubricant i could use with the joycon that wont damage the plastic or internals?

You are approaching the problem the wrong way. Don't apply the lube directly to the joy con, you need a buffer like a condom that you lube up. However kindly note that condoms often come pre lubed so to be completely safe I would recommend party balloons or a latent glove. You then apply a generous about of lube to that protective layer, load up 1,2 switch and try to count how many digital marbles are rolling around your butthole.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

HyperPuma posted:

i was having trouble removing the wrist straps after a round of mario kart multiplayer

Oh...me too?

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Infinitum posted:

eShop also has a 'View More' button so you can see all 43 games released on this dead gay console

I don't understand why they didn't just take the Wii U eShop and music and put it on the switch. That would have made a much better placeholder than this current eshop iteration.

It's crazy that I am enjoying this console as much as I am when for all intents and purposes this thing is still in Beta.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Dan Mattrick is the video game company equivalent of Ebola. I to this day will never understand how he rose to the head of Xbox and then head of Zynga. The man has no idea what makes his customers tick and has 0 charisma.

The Switch is cool though. I wish I could freeball the joycons but my left one doesn't like being held and I can't get it fixed until the summer.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
NBA would be fun if they didn't lock 90% of the players in packs that you have to unlock through playing and if it didn't take stupidly long to load each round.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Rad Valtar posted:

The guys who hate BotW are probably also the same guys who played Ocarina of Time when they were 8 and can't let go of the fact it's not the best game ever let alone one of the best Zelda games.

I thought Ocarina of Time was the best game ever until March 3rd this year. It's weird because I read peoples complaints about BOTW and I agree with some of them, and yet I still think it is on a level above everything else I've played. Which also shows me that there is a lot of room for improvement which is crazy. I can't wait for the next zelda that iterates on this design.

I measure "greatest game of all time" as a game that is so uniquely designed that it embarrasses all other attempts in that space. So, for example, even if "The Legend of Zelda: the breathiest of all the wilds" comes out and is technically better than Breath of the wild it still won't be the greatest game of all time because all it does is carry the torch a little bit further. The "greatest game of all time" creates a wholly new torch to be carried in the future.

As I type this I realize how stupid my "GOAT" philosophy is but gently caress you, its how I rate poo poo.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Talk to the blood moon dude at the stable south of the dueling peaks. He talks about moon phases and poo poo.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
If that neon splatoon 2 switch bundle comes out with some sort of price break that guarantees a purchase of a second switch for me. Joy cons 80 bucks, stand 90 bucks, joycon grip let's say 15 bucks and then a 60 dollar game means the second switch could be a joy on charger and still be worth owning since I was getting all those accessories anyways.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Nintendo continues its streak of having no bad IPs.

Is Wii music an IP?

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
I went grey, then saw a neon switch on a train in Switzerland and was all :smith:

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
I don't see how they do GC VC without analog triggers. Unless they release GameCube joy cons which would be fuckin rad.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
What category is yoshi?

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

spit on my clit posted:

the hell is nutella

Guys what the gently caress is this? I'm sorry. I'm a few pages behind but I cannot proceed with the switch discussion until this gets resolved. Go out and buy some loving Nutella from any store. If you are in Europe you get the made in Italy Nutella which is the best one. If you are in North America the made in Italy version is a lot harder to come by but I highly recommend finding and paying extra for it. If that is too much work the American Nutella is also loving amazing just less loving amazing than it's Dego WOP brother.

Edit: the Guinea version comes in a glass Jar. The Freedom version comes in plastic one.

EpicNemesis fucked around with this message at 00:40 on May 22, 2017

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Sir this is a video game console discussion thread.

I know and I apologize, and any other spread and I would let it go. But I cannot in good conscious continue to discuss something as trivial as Joycons when there is a person in this world who has not tried Nutella.

I suggest you put Nutella on a waffle to start but you will soon see that it enhances many a food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
I'd rather have a scratched screen than a screen protector. I find a slight scratch/multiple slight scratches less distracting.

Also why my phone is naked and dented.

• Locked thread