Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
hello fellow switchhavers. breath of the wild is goddamn gorgeous, and i have 1-2 switch downloading now so i can milk some cows soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Revol posted:

If anyone is interested, I'm going to play some Zelda to see how it works actually using it.

i've been looking to use my 3d printer to make a joycon grip for a little bit now and havin' a steam controller grip sounds dope. do you have a download link for the 3d print?

man nurse posted:

It didn't have the gameboy ones.

those are all on the 3DS VC. i haven't gotten the Oracle games yet on it, but i was supper happy i could grab Links Awakening on it.

Dieting Hippo fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 19, 2017

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Dr Cheeto posted:

I've got over 100 seeds and I'm just not sure when you'd need this many. This isn't a game to play with a strategy guide open with the intent to collect everything, I think.

my last weapon inventory upgrade was 45 seeds, and the next one is 55. it gets real expensive if you focus on one equipment category.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Beating Ganon gives you a completion rate on the map so you can know just how much poo poo you're missing.

i thought i had a shitload completed already, then went to beat the story. only had 30% map completion :shepface:

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

i would highly recommend thumper, the war beats and constant barrage of poo poo are pretty intense. i keep having to loosen my grip on the controller every few checkpoints.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

i got around to printing a switch stand and two grips for my joycons, when arms comes out i will be punching with the best.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Turtlicious posted:

I legit want that stand, are you taking orders lol

i'm interested in doing that, but it looks like shipping alone is $10 for something this light. i'll probably try to find a cheap shipping option before doing that.

edit: USPS is hella cheap compared to UPS and FedEx, i might actually do this!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

How do you press the l or r buttons?

for arms you'll hold them in a thumbs-up grip with that printed-grip part facing forward, so you thumbs will rest on L/R and be able to hit ZL/ZR with no problems. you still won't be able to press SL/SR or the sync button while the grips are on, but they're not needed if you're only using them for arms.

Dieting Hippo fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jun 5, 2017

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

Yeah you need to be opening up an Etsy shop for that jawn.

Etsy link

i think i set up this etsy page right. if you want one, click that link and place an order. i'm doing a few test prints right now to make sure it prints to the Highest Quality.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Larrymer posted:

Are you even making any money at that point? It comes out to like $14 shipped ($2.61 shipping? Might want to check it but that seems super cheap) for me. Pretty cool though.

i should be after factoring in materials and time. thankfully etsy handles all shipping calculations, that $2.61 is domestic US. shipping jumps up to $10 and more once you start looking at canada and the UK. i also looked at other stand prices, and for what this one does it seems fair.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

It's weird coming across people in the 20,000 to 25,000 rating on Mario Kart. That is all.

these are people who have mastered 200cc on a level that i never imagine i could achieve.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Anidav posted:

I'm buying cave story physically for the box art alone :negative:

you are not alone, except i'm also getting the digital version so i don't have to swap carts. i'll gladly throw money at cave story over and over.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

if you were looking at Cave Story+ and didn't want to buy the same thing again, good news! they added new areas/weapons and a new ending to the switch version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Devoyniche posted:

I got on one wave of the gamestop bundles, you might just bite the bullet and order online. I didnt wanna have to wait but it was the only way i was guaranteed one. I think they ship out as they get them, i was able to get the colored one which i think mighg be a bit more popular?

I also got cave story and my keychain was the lil girl, i kinda wanted the main character one, but it still looks cool on my switch backpack next to my puyo puyo and tetris gimmick merchandise -- plus all the little extras are neat.

The game looks real nice too, but Egg corridor music seriously gave me a headache. Chippy chirpy static noises are not a soundtrack.

there's four separate soundtracks in cave story+, and the "cave story+" soundtrack is hot garbage. switch to "Organya", its a custom music format Pixel made for the original cave story and is hella good.

• Locked thread