Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Chernabog posted:

Is the master trial or whatever it's called worth the DLC price? I'm not very interested in hard mode or the costumes.

It's basically the Eventide Island quest on steroids. If you liked that quest then I think its worth it. There are also mini quests to find the costumes which I'm finding interesting even though I don't plan on wearing the costumes except for Tingle.

Remember that this DLC pack also gives you access to the supposedly more substantial DLC pack that has the new story content so maybe wait for more details on that before jumping on it.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jun 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Imagined posted:

How NPCs react to you if you're wearing the Tingle suit.

This owns so much.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Binding of Issac is another good coop with split joycons game. Of course there's also 1, 2 Switch.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The mail carrier picks up my sold games for free to ship. It couldn't be any easier. Hauling a bunch of stuff to Gamestop for so little is insane.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

eBay sucks. I find it much easier to sell games on Amazon or even here in sa mart. Those deals sounds pretty decent so I guess GameStop isn't a complete rip off sometimes now.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mons Hubris posted:

I'm pretty bad at this new Zelda and I can't figure out how to dodge when locked on

Same as the other ones, jump to the sides or backflip. Try switching jump to B in the options. The default sucks, especially for combat.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Louisgod posted:

Wait how do you get the dark link armor set? This game has so many secrets.

Fang and Bone sells it after completing all 4 Divine Beasts.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have played the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo hundreds of times. Should I buy the full version

Best Buy is currently selling it and Binding of Isaac for $10 off right now.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Are they selling a digital code for $19.99 somewhere, because it's already $29.99 on the eShop and a digital version is already more convenient...?

I don't think so but it does come with the nice keychain if you buy it physically.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Astro7x posted:

So my local library finally got Switch games in! Borrowed Just Dance, Tetris, Lego City, and Bomberman because why not...

So what the hell am I doing wrong in Bomberman? I've played for an hour. My experience is that I am the first one to die as the computer evades all my bombs with exact timing. I then watch all 7 of those fuckers start panicking as the spike stones close in on them after 2 minutes of perfect play. Instead of remaining still, they run back and forth In the two squares they are trapped in and then die prematurely by not just loving staying in place on the closest in block. As good as the computer is at ducking staying alone against me, they sure turn into idiots within the last minute.

What you're doing wrong is playing Bomberman against the computer. Play it multiplayer.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ostentatious posted:

Undertale was confirmed!Q!

Where?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

orphean posted:

People don't like Arms? :psyduck:

I know. They're bad people.:D

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sunning posted:

"Bayonetta 2, Super Smash Bros for Wii U, and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze are all great games in a year full of buggy, bland, and disappointing games... but are they enough to save the Wii U?"

Don't forget original Mario Kart 8. Gamers are dumb and lame and that's why the Wii U failed.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Had a lot of downtime at appointments today so I played a bunch of Mario Kart and Arms online. This Switch console kinda owns.:)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

iajanus posted:

woop woop

finally tried out ARMS ranked multiplayer last night and won my first game! also beat a couple of rank 4 people as a rank 1! Also got severly curbstomped by a 1 and a 2 so idk maybe I'm about as terrible at fighting games as I thought I was

Keep at it. Learning why you lost is half the fun imo.:thumbsup:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Anidav posted:

Is ARMS worth buying? I'm concerned that Splatoon 2 will eat its cake and the online will be dead within 4 months.

Arms is definitely worth buying. Really fun and unique multiplayer.

Splatoon 2 will be populated for a looong time, at least until 3. 1 still has a really active population and that's a 2 year old game on a dead system no one bought.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Golden Goat posted:

I've a choice between Splatoon 2 and ARMs before I take a extremely long flight at the end of the month, how is ARMs holding up?

It's holding up well and it's a good game but I'd still buy Splatoon 2 over it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/inticreatesen/status/882343414498459649

Shantae and Shovel Knight are coming to Blaster Master Zero and they both will be free for the first 2 weeks. Shovel Knight could even do the shovel drop and fish.:3:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

enojy posted:

Those Shantae and Shovel Knight DLC characters in Blaster Master Zero actually look really good, as if they jumped right out of their respective games. I'll bite. I don't know why I haven't bought that game yet; the demo was pretty fun.

It's probably my favorite remake of an 8-bit game. They really improve on everything wrong with the original without adding superfluous stuff. It's a no-brainer at :10bux:.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'd be shocked if it's a port of W101, let alone a sequel.:eyepop:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wheany posted:

Goddamn Minecraft at #2, a game that has been released on every platform. Jesus that game is popular.

I bet it'll catch up to Zelda overall when it's released physically.

I forgot Suda was also making stuff on Switch. The Switch really is good.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ExcessBLarg! posted:

drat, I guess I missed the Amazon Splatoon 2 preorder deal by a day. Any luck it will come back at a reduced price, even if not $48?

Walmart is selling it for that price too if you do store pickup: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Splatoon-2-Nintendo-Switch/52901844

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Aardvark Barber posted:

July 21 is the release of the app.

Yup, just saw an announcement on the Switch News section. Apparently it'll only work with Splatoon 2 at first. I hope they add compatibility for games already out like Mario Kart and Arms.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Blank Construct posted:

I've never seen cake ice cream before :(

It sucks. Cake flavored things that aren't cake need to die.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Housh posted:

As we prepare for Splatoon 2, I wonder if an ethernet adapter worthwhile on the Switch. Have they been tested and is there a particular recommended model?

Any that worked with Wii and Wii U should work on Switch. There is an official one by Nintendo so that would probably be the recommendation.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Splatoon has more interesting lore than literally every other multiplayer shooter. I hope they bring back the weird artifacts with the WW1-esque drawings in 2.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cave Story on Switch is apparently getting an update to play with the original graphics as an option

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cave Story on Switch is definitely worth the $30 if you buy physical. The extras are cool.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Is there a way to replay the tutorial in the Splatoon 2 demo?

Erasing the save data maybe?

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jul 7, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

You have to be abaolutely loving kidding me with what I hope is the last trial room.

I couldn't even beat 10 of them. Having all the good gear has made me rusty.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You reminded me that Shovel Knight and Shantae are free DLC right now for Blaster Master. Better get on that.

Just Shantae for now. Shovel Knight is out on August 3rd.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bill Barber posted:

It's a mouse cursor based game. Shoehorning console controls into it takes it from an 8 to like a 3.

It works fine for the game it's based on. I do hope that the Switch version has reworked controls though since the gamepad controls for the PC version are dogshit.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I play my Switch in all three modes and I'm an attractive millennial.:cool:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tayter Swift posted:

Zelda, ~ 2 hours in: I am not good at a Zelda.

No one is good at this Zelda right away so don't worry.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I want more Switch buds for Mario Kart, Arms and Splatoon action. Add me, guys: SW-1651-3438-4706

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Astro7x posted:

Finally got my hands on 1 2 Switch for free from the local library.

Game is good, but not $50 good. What were they thinking at that price range?

I wonder how well it sold. Any numbers?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spacebump posted:

Does this mean the voice chat app will be out in time for Splatoon 2?

It'll be out on the 21st, same day as the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Will this game be good? I kinda want to buy it just to up the chances for Fighters Z.

• Locked thread