Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

If you really want to be cost efficient and only care about Zelda then a Wii U would probably be a better investment. You can also play the excellent Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD versions as well.

EDIT: I wish those would come to Switch. I'm the worst Nintendo fan. I'd buy literally every Wii U port.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

enojy posted:

Yea, Yacht Club Games loves Nintendo. I don't know exactly their relationship, but Shovel Knight was originally a Wii U & 3DS "exclusive" (it was on PC, too) and got ported to infinity based on its initial success.

I still think the Xbox 1 version is the best due to the Battletoads stuff.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a 4 Swords/Triforce Heroes style multiplayer Zelda on Breath of the Wild's engine.

It could be like Monster Hunter but, you know, good.:smug:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'll keep an open mind about new IPs but Nintendo has so many old ones I want to see sequels for.

Where the gently caress is Startropics 3, Reggie?:argh:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kirios posted:

I liked Super Paper Mario, but wow, both series took a nosedive after that game.

Color Splash was pretty good and even better than Super imo.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kirios posted:

Color Splash may be an OK or even good game, but it came out way too late in the Wii U's cycle and has middling reviews. It's hard for me to really care about it at all.

Not to mention Sticker Star burned me hard. I despised that game, and nothing Color Splash's previews + review cycle did inspired me to give it a honest shot.

Maybe if they brought it over to Switch I'd give it a honest shot, since there's at least a couple of goons willing to defend it.

You should really give it a try if you can find it cheap. It's much much much better than Sticker Star. The writing in it is hilarious and the world is fun to explore.

The Thousand-Year Door > Paper Mario > Color Splash > Super Paper Mario >>>>>>>>>>>> Sticker Star.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

thexerox123 posted:

TYD is great, but having replayed my copy recently, I think people are looking at it through nostalgia goggles. The original Paper Mario does everything better.

They're pretty close imo. I still like Super Mario RPG most out of all the Mario RPGs. The visuals don't really hold up now but the music is still great and I love the insane amount of little details and secrets in it.

Late SNES RPGs were all so loving good. Mario RPG, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger.:hellyeah:

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 27, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wario World wasn't that good. It was pretty short and generic. I love Treasure but they kinda missed the mark on it.

I'd love to see the WarioWare devs take a shot at a 3D Wario platformer.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Call Me Charlie posted:

Virtual Boy Wario is the best Wario

I'm still pissed Nintendo didn't remaster this on 3DS. It's so good.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What's the largest microSD on the market right now?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I thought it would be higher. The Switch will be dead by the time we get 2TB ones.:lol:

I'm sure most worthwhile 1st party games will be well optimized and not take as much space as that Lego game so 256GB will probably do. I'll wait for a sale on one.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Mar 28, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

LethalGeek posted:

I have a huge chunk of the Wii U library on digital and used 200GB. Things like Bayonetta 1 & 2, Smash, MK8, Splatoon, Mario 3d World, on and on. And that's without ever deleting anything.

Same, that's why I don't think we'll need much. Nintendo was really good most of the time about keeping file sizes down for most of their games on Wii U.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Infinitum posted:

Remember the last time 4Chan leaked Switch news and it turned out to be correct?

Grain of salt, etc

Is this real?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Junkie Disease posted:

Are we sure you need to install when you own the card? I'm not putting it past WB games but...

It says that on the back of the box for the physical release so it sounds like it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I have no doubt of Mario Maker Switch being a thing but I hope it still lets you post and view comments on courses. That was a big part of the fun.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Every one of the Lego X games I've played across like seven systems has regular crashing issues. It gets tiring and never gets fixed and I bet the Switch version will be the same.

At least the crashes don't hard lock the system on the new consoles.

Also this same game had obscene load times on Wii U. I kinda want to play it but I'm not going to bother if they at least didn't fix that.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The voice acting in Zelda is just okay. It's a bit camp but not offensive.

I honestly wish it had more. I'm not done with the game yet but there's a few scenes I wish were also voice acted.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Snake Pass looks cool. I think I'll pick it up if the Switch version is good.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

LeafyOrb posted:

So does this thread have any opinions on micro sd cards or is it just a go, big and cheap thing?

Get Samsung evo ones that are the highest size/price you think it's reasonable. They're pretty cheap and they're quality.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

This 256GB Sandisk card is on sale today: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IC0GJKE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_AOU2ybFP4HSD3

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Vikar Jerome posted:

anyone know if you can get refunds on the eshop? i accidently bought KoF '94 instead of '98. i still bought 98 but want rid of 94 now. i also got this blastmaster and othello for some reason.

edit: nevermind, i just googled it. http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1981/~/refund-request-for-downloaded-game-or-dlc-(wrong-game,-didnt-like-game,

lol there goes that 6 quid. oh well.

My friend called and bitched a bunch about getting a refund for Monster Hunter on Wii U a few years ago and Nintendo gave him one.:laugh:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Why do we care about the tick rate of Splatoon on the test weekend of the first month of the switch where no other games have online service currently?

Right now some cool games in beta stages have poo poo lag (i.e. Battlegrounds) but that'll change.

There are a few online multiplayer games like Bomberman and Fast Racing RMX.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

A sequel on Switch with online multi would be cool.

I'm not worried about Splatoon 2. The game isn't coming out for a while and the testfire felt obviously early. It also ran great me for me and similar to Splatoon 1.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The game is probably gimped in a major way without the download.

That sucks about Snake Pass. Sounds like I'll continue just sticking with exclusives, old games and the occasional indie on Switch. I hope Yooka-Laylee on Switch is okay but I'm not getting my hopes up.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

lelandjs posted:

Docked my Switch for a sec to test Snake Pass and woah it's a marked improvement. 1080p as far as I can tell and better shadows. The graphical uptick took a second and it fell like putting my glasses on. Ridiculous.

Which is too bad, because Snake Pass seems like a great game to play in portable mode.

That's weird. I didn't expect any Switch games to run better on the TV. Maybe they gimped it on handheld due to battery issues? I don't understand how that happened.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Is it just me or does the rumble on the joycons and pro controller feel really weak? Or is it just Zelda that has really subtle rumble?

And also what's the word on Fast RMX for someone who kinda sucked at F-Zero GX?

It's somewhat subtle. It feels more intense to me in Puyo Puyo Tetris of all things.

Fast Racing RMX actually feels even harder to me than F-Zero GX but it's still manageable on lower difficulties and the game owns for being only $20. It even has the same announcer as GX too.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The only good thing about neogaf, other than the occasional correct leak, is those retro megathreads. There was a good GBA one that I learned about a lot of overlooked gems from.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm not done with the main game yet (2 beasts and like 30 shrines left) but I kinda want to try to get all the korok seeds after. I normally hate collecting poo poo in open world games but exploring this world is just so relaxing to me.

I'll wait for the dlc though since I bet that "map feature" is a korok locator.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is Spector Knight the last of the Shovel Knight DLCs? If not, are older consoles still going to get them for free?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ChaosArgate posted:

We've still got King Knight's campaign on the way. The other platforms will be getting the full package, Switch just went first because Nintendo helped extensively with QA for Specter of Torment, I think.

Edit: Speak of the devil.

https://twitter.com/yachtclubgames/status/847221232034430977

That's cool. I'll probably pick it up again on Switch just because I feel guilty for all the excellent free stuff. I still need to play Plague Knight.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How's it compared to Mario Golf?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Xbone controller is the first mainstream controller that hurts my hands for some reason. I don't understand it since I liked the 360 one.

The Switch one is better than them all though.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cojawfee posted:

Do you have tiny hands or something? They are literally exactly the same except the xbone has girthier handles.

Medium. I don't get it either. This is the first gen where I prefer the PS controller to Xbox.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

chaleski posted:

I think the Switch pro is my new default PC controller

Has anyone gotten gyro working on pc yet? Lots of potential there.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mahoning posted:

For anyone that is on the fence about Shovel Knight, I was too for basically the past 4 weeks and finally pulled the trigger tonight. It is excellent. If you played NES platformers at all (and enjoyed them) you will enjoy it.

One thing I like about it: it is HARD the way that old NES games were hard. Like "die in the same spot 10 times" hard.

It's hard but it's always fair though unlike some classic NES games. Shovel Knight is fantastic.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Bloop posted:

I'm sad but also not.

Delay is far preferable to half assing

We'll also know if the game is any good by then. I'm excited but, honestly, Banjo Kazooie 1 was the only good 3D platformer Rare did. Tooie, Conker and DK64 were all pretty bad for different reasons.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

lelandjs posted:

I just had a thought: if Konami hadn't fired Kojima, the crazy bastard would have probably ported MGS V to the Switch.

I don't think it would really be up to him. I'd buy it again though if this happened. I'm sure the Fox Engine would scale nicely on Switch.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I just got Bomberman and it's really good. I'd say it's a must buy if it was $20.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I don't know much about Nintendo products, but my wife loves Mario games, and I am thinking of getting her a Switch for her birthday.

I read Odyssey isn't coming out until around Christmas, so does anyone know if there are any old Mario games you can get for the switch? Downloadable or something on their e-store?

Nothing yet but I wouldn't be surprised to know about virtual console in a month or so.

EDIT: Oh yeah, there's an excellent new port of the best Mario Kart game ever late next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

eonwe posted:

from what I hear, its even better than the original version, and the original is honestly god drat amazing

I'd say the original is pretty much perfect except for it's battle mode and that's the main new fix to Deluxe. I'm going to put 100s more hours into it and enjoy it all.

• Locked thread