Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

I always thought that the trick of telepathy-blocking helmets in X-stories was the shape and/or special plating, not the material used to make it (this of course varies depending on canon, timeline, and writer but I digress). This also goes for Cerebro; a main plot point in X2 is that swapping the panel configuration around directly affects the amplification of psychic abilities. In Logan, the big dome they have Xavier housed in is missing chunks. A lot of squarish, panel shaped, almost strategically placed chunks. Is it because they're living in the middle of the desert in lovely future world and that's the best approximation they could find, or is it because Logan knew enough to try and imitate the Cerebro design in a way that puts a damper on Xavier's abilities when he has a seizure freakout?

I like the idea of the latter, but it could very well be the former. It could be both! That's part of the magic of good storytelling. You shouldn't (and don't) need every single detail spoonfed to you.

I mean, the important thing is that the fallen water tower looks likes Cerebro. Cerebro has basically reflected Professor X in every movie so it makes sense that this one would be old, broken and ineffective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

coyo7e posted:

Pretty fun movie, looking forward to seeing it again. Was it ever explained in comics or in the movie what the poisonous whatever is, that's slowly killing Logan?

The Adamantium in him.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

MrJacobs posted:

Yeah, and if Laura had adamantium in her bones how does that work if she is still growing? Logan was a full grown man when he got his bones coated. That seems like it would cause a lot of problems unless she is supposed to be a little girl forever since I doubt the hardest fake metal ever grows with her skeleton.

Apparently it's just her claws that are covered.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

The problem is that isn't a terrible shot from Logan and it's a not too good shot from Excalibur.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

wyoming posted:

It's actually a pretty great shot from Excalibur, but Lamps meltdown is super strange because Logan isn't even a terrible looking movie.

Eh. I mean, Excalibur is a great looking movie, but I don't dig that shot he used. There are absolutely better moments from that scene that he could use.

I do think Logan looks good though. Specifically, the shots you used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Hell yeah.

The next time I have 6 hours free I should do an Excalibur/BvS double feature.

Mr. Flunchy posted:

drat, I should check out Excalibur. Cheers for the pointer.

I think you'd love it.

• Locked thread