Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is BYOB's best dog?
This poll is closed.
ichabod 9 3.38%
maybelline 10 3.76%
the hound 8 3.01%
someone else's dog 7 2.63%
snoop dogg 12 4.51%
blood 7 2.63%
link 17 6.39%
smelly face 7 2.63%
wolf 13 4.89%
weedwolf 21 7.89%
college dog 11 4.14%
frankie 20 7.52%
cool dog 12 4.51%
sam 6 2.26%
mr beefy 11 4.14%
elly may 10 3.76%
betty boop 8 3.01%
muffit 6 2.26%
k-9 7 2.63%
lu lu 8 3.01%
gotcha 6 2.26%
ssspot 18 6.77%
laika and luke 14 5.26%
charlie 9 3.38%
albatross 9 3.38%
Total: 82 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FluffieDuckie

:shibe: Welcome to the Something Awful Top Dog Tournament! :cheerdoge:

This thread is Stage 2: Subforum Voting

The nominees for the BYOB champion are listed at the bottom of this post. Choose wisely, as our subforum is nominating a dog to compete against all the other top dogs across the forums!

Voting will be open until at least Wednesday, March 8.

Questions and Answers
  • How should I choose who to vote for?
    It's up to you! Maybe it's a dog that makes you :3: Maybe it's a dog that makes you :laugh: Maybe it's a dog that represents the id of our subforum. Vote however you like!

• Can I vote in subforums I don't actively participate in?
    Definitely! Please visit all the participating subforums so you don't miss any dogs.

• Where can I talk about the dogs that I like and dislike?
    The voting threads are a great place to talk about the dogs you like! If you dislike any dogs you will probably be banned. Just kidding! But please try your hardest to like every dog you see.

• Won't the big subforums crowd out the little ones during the final vote?
    Who knows and who cares!

• Who should I talk to if I have questions?
    The mod of each subforum is a good place to start. You can also ask tournament organizer pig slut lisa any questions or post in QCS.

• Who's a good boy?
    All of them :3:

BYOB NOMINEES ARE:

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Ichabod, 'Icky' - Prince of All Puppies, Best Hound Arounds, Best Hound in Town

https://mobile.twitter.com/GhostsInUrKitch/status/835567545230962689

death sext posted:

Maybelline

She's definitely born with it.

Luvcow posted:

The Hound aka Lord Houndsington aka Hounddog aka Paddlefoot Georgia Coonhound aka Sassafrass Hound aka Donkeydick Hound

He is a Hound's Hound

BIRDCON 2017 posted:

Someone Else's Dog

i looked up a picture of a dog and this one looks okay.

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Snoop Dogg

He's good at fighting games and probably the king of chill. I ain't lion.

Historical Wizards posted:

Blood (I went through the film to get my own image edition)

Blood is the definitive post-apocalyptic dog that serves as the inspiration for many pooches to follow, combine that with a sharp wit and an impressive knowledge of 20th, and 21st century history and you've got your self a real swell dog.

vanisher posted:

Link

Link is a good boy who likes to run around the dog park.

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

ed balls nominates smelly face

a moste tuff tuff doge

Manifisto posted:

wolf

fierce predator, likes belly rubs

Uxzuigal posted:

Dog Name: "Weedwolf"
Weedwolf is the chillest of all dogs, adopted by BYOB at Christmas 2016 he is the pinnacle of selective breeding, his favorite food is brownies!

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

COLLEGE DOG IS THE BEST No. 1 DOG

he gets my nom because in addition to beeing funny as cr*p he managed to graduate college, which inspired me to go back to college!

he looks like this:

hamjobs posted:

This is Frankie.

Frankie is brand new and has good spops.

Luvcow posted:

Cool Dog

Subject of multiple BYOB photoshop threads, current av of Futon Forensic

Mariana Horchata posted:

this is Sam

i tried getting a good pic but he is currently going thru a punk rock phase and laying spread eagle on the couch so had to go w/ a close up

Scathach posted:

This is Mr. Beefy. He's my fiance's emotional support pup and has been right by his side for two years of cancer treatment. I nominated him because he's an awesome pupper except for that time last week when he sh*t on the bed while we were getting it on (in hindsight, actually pretty hilarious.)

City of Glompton posted:

This is Elly May.

She is a good dog because she did not eat the presents at Christmas even though she really wanted too. She ate cookies instead.

slowm posted:

This is Betty Boop.
She eats her poop.

Bacon Taco posted:

Muffit.

Muffitt is a good dog even though he was trapped on a crummy 70s TV show, because he was a robot and never shat where he should not.

Manifisto posted:

• k-9
  • loyal assistant to doctor and companions, LASER

Magres posted:

Nominating my dog

Meet Lulu! She's a poodle/terrier mix that my fiance adopted ~7 years ago. She's a very affectionate puppers, when I come home from work or class, first thing on my to-do list is to take my shoes off and flop on the couch so she can jump up and lick my face while squeaking excitedly because she's so happy that I'm home. She loves cuddles and belly rubs and naps, and is not afraid to demand them - she's easily the most talkative dog I've ever met, and will grumble and groan and whine when she wants pets until she gets them, and often makes little happy groans and grumbles when she's particularly happy with her belly rubs. Really, I love the little beast to death and she's a wonderful dog - one of her most endearing habits is walking up to me or my fiance when we're upset and whining at us for pets because us being upset stresses her out, and petting her always makes us feel better.

Also she loves pizza crust beyond all reckoning - if there is pizza to be had, the crust tax must be paid, and her absolute favorite toy in the world is a stuffed pizza slice with a squeaker in it :shobon:

Also also she literally never sheds - she has hair instead of fur, so she just keeps getting shaggier until we buzz her hair back, which is kinda like having a transformer for a dog because she goes from fluffy poodle to tiny little rat terrier and back.

Manifisto posted:

Gotcha

Plays fetch like a motherfucker, doesn't know he's a cockatoo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QasMMGLp_Xc

Hogge Wild posted:

hisss name isss ssspot and he'sss the besst dog

no other dog can ssswallow food three timesss the sssize of hisss head

plain blue jacket posted:

I nominate my dumb gay dogs

this is Laika. She does this a lot

This is Luke being a bed troll

and this is what Luke is like if we take him anywhere in the car

i flunked out posted:

Charlie

Charlie is a good dog because he is actually a cat and cats are better than dogs

the littlest prince posted:

this is albatross, he is a real good dog. he likes to be chased and sometimes begs to go outside but he is an indoor dog. as is customary for his breed, he enjoys perching himself upon his homemade dog tree.

Luvcow posted:

Stumpy

Very chill, likes pine needles and plants, sturdy and trustworthy, cute as all h%ck

FluffieDuckie fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Mar 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

:siren: a couple of announcements :siren:

(1) Manifisto - i need a picture of wolf. you just gave me a quote of a video and i couldn't copy that over

and most importantly

(2) we had 26 nominees and polls only go up to 25 slots. stumpy did not get a voting slot. if you want to vote for stumpy please send me a pm or email.

FluffieDuckie fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Mar 4, 2017

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

pig slut lisa

irl is good

stumpy write-in campaign: commence

Historical Wizards

I would like to provide an opportunity for those who submitted dogs to make an additional case in hopes of swaying my votes.

BIRDCON 2017

Historical Wizards posted:

I would like to provide an opportunity for those who submitted dogs to make an additional case in hopes of swaying my votes.

i have never met the dog that i nominated and i don't know its name

Historical Wizards

And I would also like to make a short case for Blood.
Blood is a bit of an anomaly, possessing the ability to communicate telepathically, and human intelligence. He is interesting from more of a meta standpoint as he one of the few, if only film dogs I have seen that is more than simply a tool to elicit emotion to the viewer. He rises above this status to that of a full character.

I would also like to shout out to Quiche Lorraine, because shes a sweet, sweet, sweet puppy

Historical Wizards fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Mar 4, 2017

Manifisto

FluffieDuckie posted:

:siren: a couple of announcements :siren:

(1) Manifisto - i need a picture of wolf. you just gave me a quote of a video and i couldn't copy that over

and most importantly

(2) we had 26 nominees and polls only go up to 25 slots. stumpy did not get a voting slot. if you want to vote for stumpy please send me a pm or email.

one wolf pic comin up boss

and stumpy is getting the short end of the stick, boo

FluffieDuckie

Manifisto posted:

and stumpy is getting the short end of the stick, boo

blame radium

Malah

There are several very, very good candidates for very different reasons. I'm going to carefully study Meryl Streep's performance in Sophie's Choice to prepare for the momentous task ahead.

FluffieDuckie posted:

blame radium
There's a QCS thread just for that! However, please be careful when exploring the waters beyond our island of chill and magic.

Piso Mojado

I vote for #7

Grandmother of Five

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
I didn't realize you could vote for a lot of dogs or even all of them & thought the poll was single choice & threw my vote before realizing. Good call on making a checkbox poll imo. I hope the 1 dog I voted for wins even tho voting for all of the dogs seem imo to be the wisest choice.

Manifisto

Grandmother of Five posted:

I hope the 1 dog I voted for wins

never fear, stumpy's gonna win

he's the underdog, after all

Bummey

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
ilu college dog

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

never fear, stumpy's gonna win

he's the underdog, after all

stumpy isn't worried, hes a very stable dog who will be there for a while yet

i would be happy with frankie representing us in the finals though and its looking like he's got the lead so far

literally this big

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
I liked them all so much I voted for all of them. I hope they all win 1st place.

Inexplicable Humblebrag

vote for the only entrant who managed to gently caress up badly enough to submit two dogs to the "top dog (singular)" contest

vote laika and luke

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

BIRDCON 2017 posted:

i have never met the dog that i nominated and i don't know its name

i have never met the dog you nominated either birdcon! :hfive:

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

vote for the only entrant who managed to gently caress up badly enough to submit two dogs to the "top dog (singular)" contest

vote laika and luke

i nominated smellin face and college dog

double noms ftw!

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless
such good puppers

and double dogs are good

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

byob historian

Hogge Wild posted:

such good puppers

and double dogs are good

i double dog dare any dude to deny :colbert:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

frankie, i believe in you! you can do it, little buddy!

Elusif

ssspot mussst win

pig slut lisa

irl is good

I would like to request an update on the number of votes Stumpy has received so far

FluffieDuckie

pig slut lisa posted:

I would like to request an update on the number of votes Stumpy has received so far

stumpy isn't doing as well as you would expect

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

FluffieDuckie posted:

stumpy seems surprisingly ok with this

I was wondering if maddison would be used as the official tiebreaker if there is a need for one again?

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Weedwolf Hype! Our faithful BYOB Masion guardian, and forever inscribed doggy on electric switch boxes, walls and even historical paintings!

<3 <3 Vanisher

slowm

live slow, die whenevs

literally this big posted:

I liked them all so much I voted for all of them. I hope they all win 1st place.

ty
I'm voting for Betty boop in case she dies soon I want her to feel special for a day

slowm fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 6, 2017

fuck. marry. t-rex

fuck. marry. t-rex

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

my dog just wagged his tail when he saw this pic

pig slut lisa

irl is good

FluffieDuckie posted:

so...narrow lead instead of overwhelming lead?

the unabonger
lol if you didnt just vote for every dog, because all dogs are good especially the dogs that are actually cats

the littlest prince

i flunked out posted:

lol if you didnt just vote for every dog, because all dogs are good especially the dogs that are actually cats

what cats? all I see is dog after dog after dog.

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Weedwolf is depressed from being 2 votes under the top dog. Might have to put him down!

<3 <3 Vanisher

Manifisto

Uxzuigal posted:

Weedwolf is depressed from being 2 votes under the top dog. Might have to put him down!

well and a whole crapload of votes behind stumpy

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

go frankie go!!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

bonus picture:

frankie and beans are really getting along well and it's so loving cute. i'm so happy, my tiny weird family growing in people and dogs left and right.

FluffieDuckie

i'm going to close voting in about an hour so get your votes in now!

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
btw, where the original thread where we can see the other forums nominees?

<3 <3 Vanisher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
my cousin has a pit bull terrier who loves to carry his favourite ball in his mouth, and will also attempt to lick people in the face while doing so. he's always so distressed when it doesnt work out :3:

not trying to nominate him or anything, just putting a dog story out there

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread