Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Is it possible to use the ranged taser on hostage takers?

Also the "You Have Unlocked" Voice over guy reminds me of the VO from World's Wildest Police Videos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

You know, I'm expecting a twist with the whole "Gotta rescue this VIP from the Burners before HQ finds out" shtick. I want it to be "You've been my unwitting puppet Nick Mason, and now Beta Metro City One, USA is going to be the foundation on which all other police state cities (city-states?) will be based on. Join me and fulfill your destiny."

It's not though, is it? This America Train is going to OOH-RAH right on through to the end of the game. Fueled by bald eagles, trailing a massive American flag in its wake and punishing all terrorists* Violent Gang Members in their path.

*It is good I guess that the bad guys in this are all white guys. On the flip side, everybody is also white guys. And the only women are the newscaster and the medics.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Kai Tave posted:

The news segments imply that there's a reasonable timejump between levels, the anchor generally says something like "last month Nick Mason killed a fuckzillion gangers when they attacked the Charity Street Orphinarium" to recap your previous adventures. So not only are crazy mask-wearing murdergangs terrorizing the city but they've basically been doing so for something like half a year straight at this point without pause.

That's even better, because that means with the hundreds of mooks that have been subdued, shot, tazed, bean-bagged, charcoaled, or beheaded these guys must be doing a recruitment drive for the ages. "Ey, buddy. C'mere. Wanna join up with a gang of idiots in hockey masks and try and take down Robocop? It doesn't pay and there's an 80% chance your head will be forcibly removed from your body from a mile away by large caliber gunfire. The other 20%? You'll be electrocuted by Emperor Palpatine from a block away until you catch fire. Sound good? Can you handle a circular saw and pretend it's a chainsaw?"

Or maybe, just maybe, there are no citizens in this city. Either you are a cop, super cop, firefighter, medic, news reporter, camera man, mayor or "VIP"...or you're a Burner.

• Locked thread