Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
My response in my head was "Oh god this loving game" the moment I realised what we were up against. I don't remember much beyond what we've seen here though, so I'm going to be remembering a lot of war crimes as we go along.

Cathode Raymond posted:

Finally, a police simulator with a killcam and a head-shot quota.

I love the term "Zero Tolerance" because it implies that the police are so intolerant that they literally CANNOT TOLERATE A SINGLE THING ARRRRRRRGHHHHH!

"You've proved you can kill many people as fast as possible in the line of duty, so here's a medal and we're going to upgrade-ten minutes pass-your pistol."

Do you think they add stuff like "BARBEQUE" to the police reports afterwards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

berryjon posted:

While I watch this, I have to point out that this game has no relationship to the first Urban Chaos game. It's a whole different brand of fun!

I absolutely love Urban Chaos so I remember seeing this game and thinking "Something's not right here" when it first came out. It wasn't till much later just how much was not right.

Though I suppose in its own way this is what happens when Robocop suffers from Y2K.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Blarghalt posted:

Considering this and the Batman games they went on to make, I can't help but wonder if there's a contingent of people in this company who unironically think Miranda Rights and due process are mistakes.

At the very least, flagrantly removing them from video games and practically flaunting that fact has worked wonders for them.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I will admit "Corporate brainwashing" is one of my favourite reasons for people killing one another in fiction because the only thing that makes it too far-fetched a prospect is that the shareholders would frown on the costly expenses associated to trying to kill America. You get some crazy hosed up stories of some of the ways organisations dehumanise and try to control their employees. There's a charity assisting organisation (apparently they hire out people to help do collections and stuff? I dunno I didn't know it was a thing) here in Australia being investigated because aside from allegedly grossly underpaying their mostly teenage "contractors" they also allegedly engaged in rampant bullying, alleged examples being forcing employees who did not meet performance quotas to simulate sex acts on one another in front of everyone else.

It's poo poo like that, that whenever my employer tries to call our small part of the greater corporate entity a "family" in my head I'm going "No I have one of those and I love them more than I love you and they know my name and remember my birthday and wouldn't drop me in a pit if it could save them ten bucks a week." They do give me chocolates at Christmas though, and they've yet to contain a brainwashing serum that makes me go "You know what would raise productivity? Crushing the state!" so it's not all bad.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

Now that we can cast Lightning Bolt, when are we going to get Melf's Acid Arrow? :v:

I think we're on Melf's Acid Trip

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

What really blows my mind is that if you watch them in rapid succession, the news anchor actually changes her jacket, repeatedly, each time there's a new report. Like an actual news anchor does between nightly broadcasts, visually implying the passage of time between missions, rather than having her do everything in one recording session wearing the same jacket.

It's like Rocksteady was actually... thinking... when they made this game...

I don't think I'll ever know short of a dev who worked on the game coming in and telling me if this game was just them loving with people or not.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Doing some serious swooning over here someone catch me as I have the vapours but that might be from all the smoke because the city is on fire.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

It's only bad because you're trying to record it for an LP. The game's balanced around not immediately unlocking all of the weapons, and a radically different, far more conservative play style than you're using. I certainly understand not playing the game that way for a low effort LP, but giving the game poo poo for not being a different game makes little sense.

Countdown to concerned forums activist Discendo Vox being chased over a border (I'm not sure which) after criticizing T-Zero for using their reality warping time-rewind powers.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

This court is a-burned hahaha oh god my skull

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

It's a little known fact that Nick Mason was once bitten by a radioactive tesla coil.

White Coke posted:

And then a radioactive Southern Sheriff.

"The world may mock Nick Mason, the timid traffic cop.... it will soon it marvel at the awesome might of...

... the mmmmmaximum grenade belt!"

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

The maximum.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

EDIT - Better picture:

Honestly the only way this game could be better is if the final boss has Avitus' voice actor laying down sick burns again, without resorting to "we're a lot alike you and I" stuff because no one can be less human than Nick Mason: humanoid combine harvester.

Samovar posted:

The clip of the burner on the minigun is so silly.

Seriously, give the dude a box to stand on. They go to some crazy attention to detail in lots of places and then just let that fly. They could get a box, just shift-it in.

VolticSurge posted:

:Also,RoboKy's wrong,Arkham Knight is terrible.

Truthfully I've never played it because I got it for PC and it ran like dogshit. I asked Steam for a refund and stated "If this game's framerate was Bruce Wayne's parents it would be lying face down in Crime Alley right now" and got my money back in like 10 minutes.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I love the premise of the final level as a basic "being a hero means painting a target on your back" but there's something utterly weird yet appropriate about this game ending in a meat processing plant or whatever the gently caress they called it.

White Coke posted:

Actually a nuke going off in an urban area isn't necessarily a bad thing, if you take a cold hearted look at it. If the bomb kills more people relative to the infrastructure it destroys, the survivors will be better off, in much the same way that the peasants who survived the Black Death were better off because of the labor shortage that ensued.

This guy's looking a little shifty... or should I say... SHIFT IT?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Kai Tave posted:

I mean I just really want to emphasize that I've never seen a more completely ludicrous moment of "Hollywood realism" in probably anything ever than a nuke setting off a "thermal pulse" that somehow destroys every major power plant across the entire country and kills 300 million people, like I'm pretty sure the movie The Core is more scientifically accurate than that. And it isn't even relevant to the game in any way! This information only pops up after you defuse the WMD and save liberty forever, like they just decided that the idea of a nuke in the middle of downtown New Yorcago wasn't dramatic stakes enough so they have to reassure you after the fact that actually you stopped a SUPER NUKE that would have ended all life on earth as you know it, just a little bit of trivia for you.

I honestly give them a free pass after their corporate courier service turned out to be a super-terrorist-training organisation because at that point it's like "Well honestly what CAN'T they do?"

• Locked thread