Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
This is a really, really well-made game, and it's easy to see how Rocksteady landed Arkham after it. Also, this game established Rocksteady's mascara'd emergency service rescue simulator series. The exact same outfits are used for some NPCs in the Arkham series. And, yeah, sewer emergency is where I decided I couldn't get 100% as a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The game very explicitly wants you to play through levels multiple times to get all the medals-hell, it would require it if you weren't using a cheat code to start on the top difficulty, and weren't using computer controls to trivialize aiming. You really don't have anyone to blame but yourself for insisting on getting everything in one run.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Lunethex posted:

The reason I was going on about how you would have to do multiple runs was asinine was because, IMO, you should be able to get all the quotas in 1 run and have a buffer of more enemies to actually use the other weapons and items on for the sake of fun. With how high the demands keep going it starts stifling the ability and desire for creativity, at least for me, because they make such a big deal about going through all these and reminding you about it every time it happens. This is why I say Sewers, Forshaw Plaza, and the last level of the game are the 3 bad parts of the game. I can't find anything else to gripe about whatsoever since it's as clean and polished as Shiny Energy, the leading conglomerate in human power. Sewers has a specific number of enemies that give you just enough to 100% in a single run, Forshaw Plaza gives you a buffer of only 7 enemies who are not arrested or brained, and the last level in the game straight up does not have enough enemies to do both objectives.

It's only bad because you're trying to record it for an LP. The game's balanced around not immediately unlocking all of the weapons, and a radically different, far more conservative play style than you're using. I certainly understand not playing the game that way for a low effort LP, but giving the game poo poo for not being a different game makes little sense.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Yeah, yeah, payday 2 secret.

Arkham Knight's fine, it's just not as good as City from some design standpoints (but much, much better w/r/t its portrayal of gender)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I really want Rocksteady to make a sequel to this game. I'd be fascinated to see how they'd handle it, from just about every direction.

• Locked thread