Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Ah, it appears I was wrong. This LP should be called "Donald Trump's America Simulator" instead of mine :ocelot::v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Lune compared this game to RoboCop off the bat, but after careful consideration, I think the more apt comparison is Judge Dredd. Nick Mason is THE LAW!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shei-kun posted:

How many games are going to converge in this LP :psyduck:

Convergence?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
As someone who's never played a Resident Evil game but who knows about Albert Wesker, I will back up Coolguye's assertion that Wolf is one Weskery mother fucker.

Also, I'm calling it now: we are either going to kill or gleefully allow the death of the namby pamby civil rights advocate OR save his life in our usual existentially horrifying so that he changes his mind and falls in love with T-Zero and Nick Mason because Nick Mason Is Always Right.

Just wait for it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
That would be a hell of a twist, not gonna lie, if loving Purolator turned out to be the big bad. It's not every day that in a story about corporate conspiracy dealings, the loving parcel shipping company is the villain!

No one suspects the private postal service!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Trizophenie posted:

I still love that the pre-mission news is running late at night, reporting the "just now happening" gang attacks, and you arrive on scene somewhere between 10am and 3pm.

What really blows my mind is that if you watch them in rapid succession, the news anchor actually changes her jacket, repeatedly, each time there's a new report. Like an actual news anchor does between nightly broadcasts, visually implying the passage of time between missions, rather than having her do everything in one recording session wearing the same jacket.

It's like Rocksteady was actually... thinking... when they made this game...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Kai Tave posted:

The best part of this game, besides all the murder, is how it starts you out thinking "man this is so over-the-top it's gotta be satire, there's gonna be some twist coming up where it turns out that your CO was behind it all the whole time and you've been part of his plans with your reckless disregard for police procedure and human life" and then the game says nope and pulls a hard turn into earnest right-wing fantasy fiction where the human rights activist was actually a conniving criminal who fled to Mexico and now the President himself has authorized T-Zero to take back the streets with their automatic shotguns and helicopter gunships.

Funnily enough, the game has that one covered:

[BIGLY VERSION]

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Alavaria posted:

What, is this the Rule of Two (Nick Mason and Adam Wolf, of course)

I bet you'll take a firefighter as your secret apprentice.

Please, if they were operating on the Rule of Two, then there would be a mission where Wolf sends you to kill Mayor Wyatt (his old Master) to sew up all the loose--...there's totally gonna be a mission where we're gonna kill the mayor, isn't there? :stonk:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Surprise Anthony Weiner cameo.

:weiner:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bootcha posted:

Is there even a court to see this evidence?

Spoilers for a piece of fan art I haven't had a chance to work on yet: YOU HAVE UNLOCKED... A SYMPATHETIC JURY

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bootcha posted:

PLEASE PRESENT YOUR EVIDENCE BEFORE MY COURT, MASON.

Unfortunately, the judge was powerless because

"We the jury in the above and titled case find the defendant, Officer Nicholas Mason, not guilty on all counts."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Ah, I see Lani has just given up and sided with the terrorists. loving LIEberal media :v:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Adam Wolf is a sargent in T-Zero the same way that Muammar Gaddafi was a colonel in the Libyan army :mil101:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Christ, it's like the sound you would expect to hear if you lit an entire room of Despicable Me Minions in fire :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
That was the plot of the first live action movie too. Cobra tried to make it look like M.A.R.S. Inc. and Destro was funding their operations, when actually M.A.R.S. was Cobra, top to bottom.

God that movie was awful.

• Locked thread