Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I rate this game two Chicago's out of two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
More barbecues in the streets than at a football game.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
They have unlocked enormous dedication.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Kai Tave posted:

The best part of this game, besides all the murder, is how it starts you out thinking "man this is so over-the-top it's gotta be satire, there's gonna be some twist coming up where it turns out that your CO was behind it all the whole time and you've been part of his plans with your reckless disregard for police procedure and human life" and then the game says nope and pulls a hard turn into earnest right-wing fantasy fiction where the human rights activist was actually a conniving criminal who fled to Mexico and now the President himself has authorized T-Zero to take back the streets with their automatic shotguns and helicopter gunships.
Someone has to take back the streets of Chicago, New York.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Kai Tave posted:

Oh yeah, I also wanted to point out since Lunethex et al are usually too busy laughing about other stuff how ridiculous the premise for these side missions are. "Nick, the Burners have kidnapped a VIP who's VITAL TO THE CITY'S SURVIVAL." Like there's this collection of men in business suits metaphysically attuned to the essence of Neo Olde Chicago and if they die the city dies with them.
We call them politicians for life. Get elected for 20+ years and they know how things work or should work at their whim. It also sounds like a maintaining of the status quo, so the situation gets more dire.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Mar 14, 2017

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
A shame the game doesn't keep track of dick shots like Psi-Ops. No wait, nut shots.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Notice how the mangled citizen who might be Wolverine, and carried out of the burning building, ended up with more health than you did.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
After this, Nick went to DC to fight another gang wearing masks.

I thought there was a bad ending where one of the officers is mentioned leaving behind a family?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

VolticSurge posted:

I just realized something-isn't the whole "Terrorist group masquerading as a legitimate corporation" thing basically what Cobra does? I think there was at least one GI Joe cartoon/comic that had that premise. If I'm remembering right,then maybe the sequel could be Urban Chaos:Rise of Cobra.
Extensive Enterprises was the "legal" front of Cobra in the early cartoons. How does it have Crimson Guard operate in their manner and headed by should be known terrorists, Xamot and Tomax? Good lawyers.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Mar 30, 2017

• Locked thread