Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
10K words, 124 hours worked on my textbook as per the time sheet tool and the textbook is ready for launch (but not actually launching till April 3rd) by March 31st.

Hours worked mean hours worked: Time at the computer, working. Nothing else counts.

:toxx:

May Gods have mercy on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I stopped officially tracking my hours when they hit about 100 in the middle of the month and it became too much hassle. I'm putting in about 6 hours a day into this, so I'm easily meeting my bid. I could recover the exact timing from my commit logs, but eh... :effort: Next time I'm sticking with word and post counts alone, easier. Thousands of lines of code, style sheets, website templates, business licences, business registrations, etc... Next month I'm good to pretty much just write.

Word counts:
2000+ words for an "1500 words" article written, which will actually pay me many moneys!
3071 new words on the second textbook, which I have already started to publish on a piece by piece basis.
A bunch of words on the first one, though I'm holding off on the publication for business reasons, even though it is pretty much ready to go. Let's not count those words.
13811 words on the blog, which brought me 18$ in donations and 7$ in ads. I'm loving rich, man!
3400 on the project part of the website.
A few drips of ink for the daily prompts, let's not count those either.
Total: 22.2K and the month's not done yet. I'm content.

Almost nothing on fiction, besides the creation of daily prompts. :(

• Locked thread