Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Let me just say one thing and one thing only:

I started watching with extremely low expectations, even knowing all the blood sweat and tears Genndy Tartakovsky shed to get this on the air tonight, I curbed my enthusiasm because I knew it was still possible he had missed a step in the thirteen years since cancellation, or even worse, that Cartoon Network had a few terrible ideas that had to be implemented to get a full season order.

And holy poo poo did this first episode exceed every single one of my expectations. I'm a thirteen year old making "Hwacha" noises again and I would sell my entire soul to the lowliest demon in hell to make it next saturday right now.

One other thing:

Pakled posted:

Episode was real fuckin good. I loved the scatting robot.
Telekinetic scatting robot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Aku's fire eyebrows are clip-on. There goes my entire childhood :qq:

I kid cause I love

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Aku is too chill these days.

Oh holy poo poo he has a therapist :allears:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
This is a metaphor for the person Jack has forgotten how to be and must return to again before he can kill Aku

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
To the surprise of no one, Jack oneshots the new and improved beetle-drone

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
So uhh... Yeah. You just killed a person there Jack

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Dean of Swing posted:

Ecstasy of Gold / 10

It was a weird fusion of Ecstasy of Gold and that one song from 28 Days Later that every trailer uses and it was awesome :black101:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Das Boo posted:

Phone posting, so I'll use someone else's else's image.

The heck?

Malnourished from at least 20 years of "I don't give a gently caress anymore. Just kill me already Aku"

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
THEY'RE COMING :frog:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
The symbolic wolf survived :unsmith:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Death is failure :geno:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Always mind your surroundings

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

ZorajitZorajit posted:

He already freely welcomes refugees and keeps the wilderness beautifully pristine. His military budget and police aren't so great, but we really only have the pov of the most dangerous criminal on Earth to consider. Aku is demonstrably more desirably than the current administration.

Yeah that's always been the funny thing about Aku, because he's omnipotent but not omnipresent the world is ostensibly under his thumb but as long you never yell "AKU SUCKS" in a public square you can do whatever the gently caress you want, and that's how so many disparate human and alien cultures of varying technological prowess can exist on the same earth. It's hard to see the genuine downsides of being ruled by an evil overlord who just wants freshly polished statues and a comfy lava temple :doom:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
THE SCOTS :scotland:

Oh what the gently caress are they all his daughters?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
A nobler end he could not ask for :smith:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
FORCE GHOST SCOTSMAN :allears:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Jack needs to keep that ridiculous outfit for at least one episode :stare: