Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
AAA titles have been letting me down something fierce the past few years. I pretty much have zero hype for upcoming games except for Kojima's Death Stranding. I for one hope to see fantastic gameplay paired with awkwardly paced cutscenes, a closet full of bisexual villains, hamfisted social commentary... all this by a dude who justified the perpetual half nudity of one of his female characters by saying she breathes through her skin. She will literally suffocate with clothes on.

All that weirdness addressed, the even stranger trailers for Death Stranding get me excited for a game I still don't know the point of or if it'll borrow any gameplay mechanics from Metal Gear whatsoever. Also theres ~*celebs*~ in this game.

DEATH STRANDING TRAILERS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2nuHEGhwiw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6goa1pI_az8

PLAYSTATION INTERVIEWS KOJIMA ON DEATH STRANDING!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/23/the-hideo-kojima-death-stranding-interview-strands-decima-and-guerrilla-games/

I don't know what else to fill this OP with, and frankly its probably too early, but i'll leave those inclined to look at the hundreds of rumor/analysis videos on YouTube to do so on their own. There was an interview with Kojima a few weeks back, which will probably be the most concrete details we have for a while. I dunno about you dudes, but I hope its not a PS4 exclusive because more people should have access to this wackiness and I'd like to have it on steam honestly.

buglord fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Mar 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
cmon at least one of you goons are looking forward to more purestrain Kojima

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

What's the chance of us seeing a Hind D?

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble
I'm definitely ready for another batshit gently caress-castle full of bad crazy and awkward moralizing, combined with some sick-rear end mechs and bizarrely sexualized portrayals of warfare.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
What the hell did I just watch?

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Dandywalken posted:

What's the chance of us seeing a Hind D?

What would a Russian gunship be doing here? :confused:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
If you watch both trailers at the same time, the instant the baby vanishes from trailer one, it pops up with Guillermo in trailer two.

This train is leaving the station.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Kortel posted:

What the hell did I just watch?

I think humans are going to fight the skeleton war with psychic babies in jars.

At least that's the gist I got.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SilentW posted:

I'm definitely ready for another batshit gently caress-castle full of bad crazy and awkward moralizing, combined with some sick-rear end mechs and bizarrely sexualized portrayals of warfare.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

SilentW posted:

I'm definitely ready for another batshit gently caress-castle full of bad crazy and awkward moralizing, combined with some sick-rear end mechs and bizarrely sexualized portrayals of warfareGuillermo del Toro.

Really if there isn't a plot twist where del Toro turns out to be the inevitable sexy woman, this game is a failure.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

JBP posted:

If you watch both trailers at the same time, the instant the baby vanishes from trailer one, it pops up with Guillermo in trailer two.

This train is leaving the station.

I think internet scientists debunked that as just made up

Sounds like something kojima would do tho

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I hope the games most memorable song contains "Whoa HOOOOOOOOA!!!" or a rough equivalent.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Dandywalken posted:

I hope the games most memorable song contains "Whoa HOOOOOOOOA!!!" or a rough equivalent.
its still nails on chalkboard to me.

Escape Addict
Jan 25, 2012

YOSPOS
I think Hannibal is playing some kind of military necromancer. Sign me up!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CharlestonJew posted:

I think internet scientists debunked that as just made up

Sounds like something kojima would do tho

No, I was hoodwinked by a comparison video in that case :sad:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I bet this game will be good

But then again it could also be not good

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Good soup! posted:

I bet this game will be good

But then again it could also be not good

The game is already good because it game me those trailers.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

when it turns out to be good im gonna cradle the box like

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Until I see actual gameplay I'm convinced Kojima is actually just making a video game movie now.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Crabtree posted:

Until I see actual gameplay I'm convinced Kojima is actually just making a video game movie now.

I would be OK with Hideo Kojima making a movie about psychic babies fighting the skeleton war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Crabtree posted:

Im surprised how much he toned it down after MGS4. I wonder if this is going to also include save points between 3 or 4 cutscenes.

• Locked thread