Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
"i support helping the needy because i think it is nice" = good, correct thought

"i support helping the needy because the bible explicitly says that i will go to hell if i don't" = bad, false thought, apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

zh1 posted:

*crouches down likes he's talking to children* so do we see why....the left is and should be hostile to religion?? anyone?

*posts like he's on an LF offsite from 2011* you should...stop posting?????

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Shbobdb posted:

She's actively enabling the Republican regime. That's not everybody. Just evil people.

what if she lives in tenessee and her vote hasn't changed anything

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Shbobdb posted:

I'm a sentimentalist.

And I actively opposed Obama's drone strikes but yes, I absolutely share responsibility in their moral reprehensibility.

Thankfully, I voted against Obama in 2012 and for lefty candidates in the primaries. I'm doing what I can to make the system better. The woman you are describing isn't doing anything other than deepening the poison while using making a few individual lives better as a camisole lotion.

in 2012 you functionally voted to elect a republican as president though

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Shbobdb posted:

Republicans won in 2012?

that was the outcome you, personally, enabled

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Shbobdb posted:

Have you ever considered that fighting against injustice and losing is morally the same as actively enabling injustice and winning? -- A defense of religion as a means to teach ethics.

have you ever considered that maybe every time you post something that isn't complete poo poo it's despite being dropped on the head as a baby

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Shbobdb posted:

Straight to the character assassination.

It's a common refuge. Go for it. Have fun.

"people who vote republican are in fact so evil it blots out everything else they do. me? oh, i volunteer for a failing far-left circlejerk society and do internet activism. my conscience is clear."

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Shbobdb posted:

At worst, my activities round down to zero.

Republicans do very real harm every day, as "truth is in the middle, both parties are the same" folks like you are being so forcefully reminded in the current administration.

you cast your vote in 2012 in a way that you knew would make the election of a republican more likely

by your completely retarded calculus, the most centrist Obama in 2012 is more moral than you can ever be

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Shbobdb posted:

NYC wasn't going to not go Obama.

But letting the centrist Dems know that they can't take my vote for granted is an important message. If they had heeded that lesson in '16 and tried to energize their leftist base as opposed to appealing to Republican suburbanites, they would have won.

people who vote (or don't vote) to empower republicans are fundamentally evil though???

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
reminder that you're dying on this hill to demonstrate your superiority to a hypothetical christian charity lady

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Shbobdb posted:

Just people who vote Republican. Not voting is bad but not evil.

It's not hard.

what a coincidence that your absolutist moral decree conveniently excludes your own personal activity

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Shbobdb posted:

We need non voters because they are redeemable. It's not that hard to figure out. Republican voters, on the other hand, should be executed.

it's me, the morals man

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Shbobdb posted:

Nothing immoral about smashing the olds and removing reactionaries through violent class struggle.

it's me, the mass-murder morals man

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Shbobdb posted:

I agree, the individual is quite powerless. That's why it's important for the groups we join as individuals to not be those that actively aid and support evil.

If you join institutions that support xenophobia, wars of choice, racism and economic injustice you are supporting evil. You are evil.

what if you propose the death of tens of millions of people as part of your political platform

(it's you, you're the mass murderer)

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Shbobdb posted:

So you end up with a toothless institution unable to enact positive change.

Why should we try to rehabilitate it?

reminder that you support the execution of tens of millions of people

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Shbobdb posted:

The God and Flag people are the ones trying to kill all the Jews. Not the secularists. Hell, not even the Maoists.

how many Jews do you think your republican day of the rope would kill

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Shbobdb posted:

I'm proud to report that the Jewish people overwhelmingly pull the lever for Team D.

you'd still be exterminating thirty percent of them which is pretty hosed up

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Shbobdb posted:

While the Jewish people do vote in high percentages, not 100% of them voted in 2016.

But that minor detail aside, would it be more or less hosed up than exterminating 81% of the voting white Evangelicals? Why?

another possibility is that the morals man should exterminate 0% of any demographic

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Shbobdb posted:

Reactionaries are evil people. You beat them now the same way they've been beaten throughout history. Not through words or coddling but through direct action.

Right now, in America, Reactionaries are killing people every day. With the Trump administration, they're going to be killing a lot more. Hell, we've already transitioned from the government having a soft, weakly enforced monopoly on killing minorities for sport to a more open system where you average Reactionary feels emboldened to kill someone for being the wrong color or speaking the wrong language.

The war has been going on for a long, long time. I'm just saying it's OK to fight back. Most people intuitively agree with the notion of self-defense but when it's actually applied they balk because they've bought into the system perpetuating asymmetrical violence.

Self defense is a fine and worthy thing.

the morals man, ladies and gentlemen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
reminder that shoboab the morals man belives that thirty million people should be executed

• Locked thread