Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Fulchrum posted:

If that bill fails due to defections though, there's no redo, right?

There's no reason to expect a different outcome if the bill is immediately put back up for a second vote, votes are cast based on political calculus and won't change until the surrounding circumstances change. It would be like re-filing a lawsuit you just lost. Although, if any administration would actually try doing that, its this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

EugeneJ posted:

If Dems put up Medicare for All as a counter-proposal, how many GOP senate members would have to jump across the line to pass it?

3. But that would never pass the House or Trump's desk.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Goddamn I want this to fail in the Senate so bad. Watching Obamacare survive its challenges has been like watching a baby sea turtle born on the beach make its way to the surf dodging birds of prey and other predators. As lovely and centrist in origin as Obamacare is I do not want to see it die by getting pissed on by a toddler taking a break building a Rand castle.

Thanks for listening to my retarded rant and analogy.

Obamacare is the iguana. The past 48 hours or so happen from 1:20-1:40

haveblue fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Mar 10, 2017

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Twerk from Home posted:

What's pricing likely to look like if all that the Republicans accomplish is removing the individual mandate, and nothing else changes?

If the mandate is removed but not the coverage obligations, death spiral.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is this the one where they pulled 75 billion out of an rear end and expect the Senate to figure out whose?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Because Congress, especially Republicans, do not represent the general public. They represent rich people and radicalized whackos and both those groups want this bill or more, either for tax cuts at any cost, or because they're insane.

Also because people consistently rate all of Congress as a whole as trash but their personal representative as the good one.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

In a row?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Peven Stan posted:

I haven't been this sexually aroused by us politics since Romney lost

If this persists for more than 4 hours, go to a doctor, because it will still be covered when the bill fails

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rad Valtar posted:

As someone who only has affordable insurance because of the ACA what are the realistic chances of it surviving? I'm guessing the GOP will just keep drawing up new plans until something gets passed?

Much higher than they were an hour ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

EugeneJ posted:

Whether or not Trump would veto a single-payer bill if it got to his desk is another thing. Maybe they can get him on record saying yes or no?

Get the bill to his desk, troll him with some dumb scandal in the media that keeps him glued to TV and Twitter for ten days, single payer is law.