Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
The only other Siamese thread I found, https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3760918 , is closed so I figured we need another. As cute as the OP and the OP's cat is, unlike that thread we are going to welcome any and all Siamese-y kitties here. No bias towards the apple heads or wedge heads or snowshoes at all. Anybody that has anything even remotely meezey, feel free to share and discuss.

That having been said, I love the little fuckers. I love all cats but the Siamese in particular checks all the right boxes for me. When I was a lad my aunt had a pair of traditional Siamese cats. I was a loud and hyperactive kid so they didn't really want to come around me that much but I thought they were awesome and knew I'd have one of my own some day.

I am not a cat historian but I can try to provide a little info on the breed. Keep in mind that all on my info comes from what I've been told, Youtube videos and other internet sources. If anything I say is complete bullshit please feel free to correct me or add any additional info I've left out.

Pretty much anyone can describe what A Siamese looks like if asked. Long and lanky. Blue eyes. Greyish brown with dark ears, muzzle, paws and snout. Most people imagine this...

Which correct. That's definitely a Siamese cat. But they come in so many more flavors! That one is a modern Siamese. They have the wedge shaped head, long legs and body, very short silky coat and a long ropey tail. A traditional one will have a more round or apple shaped head, longer fur and thicker, stubbier features. Like this handsome fella...

But those beautiful markings are not necessarily what makes a Siamese. There's so many different "points". There's the chocolate point like that last one. But there's also the Lilac point...

Flame point for you folks that like your gingers...

And Lynx point too if you wanna have some stripes too...

There's also the Snowshoe which I guess is technically a different type of cat but they're enough like a Siamese to include. They're little tiny bunny soft cats with distinctive facial markings and the little white snowshoe feet...

They are cats with big personalities. Very vocal, very affectionate and extremely social. Good with people, kids, other cats and dogs. There are exceptions for sure but I dont know of any other type of cat that gets along with other critters and people as well as Siamese do.

There's not a lot else I can say about them. People that have them know all of this and more, so please share. Photos, facts, stories. It's all good. I'll share my Siamese story in another post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice
My Siamese crap... I found Goomba sitting outside the window of my apartment during a blizzard 13 years ago. She was yowling and had frost on her whiskers. I let her inside and she ran right to my bed, laid down, and went to sleep. She stayed there all night but wanted to go back out the next day so I let her go. She kept coming back and eventually I decided to keep her. Got her checked by the vet and that was that. Turns out she belonged to some weird goth people a few buildings over but they knew she was in my place and even told me to keep her when they had to move out. They said her name was Bob. Cause of her little nubby bobtail. I called her Mrs. Grumbles. Because she grumbled. Not like a normal cat. A horrible, low gravelly sound. She made that sound loud and often. Mrs. Grumbles was a chore to say so I shortened it and went with Goomba.

She was clearly some sort of Siamese mixed with maybe a tortie? I still don't know. But she had alot of the pattern, the eyes and the voice so I'm going to say she was at least half 'mese. You decide...

Here she is from the famous cat tonging thread...

Anyhow, her health had been declining the last year or so. I figure she was at least 15-16 years old. A ripe old age for a cat. She was suffering from many issues and I made the decision to put her to rest. One of the hardest things I've ever had to do and I'm still pretty sad about it. Sad isn't the right word. More like morbidly depressed. That cat was my friend for so long. She had a lot of friends and family that loved her and miss her too. But I had to let her go. I buried her in a nice place and she is survived by our other cat, Silly. Silly is very much not Siamese but she's fuckin' awesome and has been doing a great job at filling the void Goomba left behind. Look at this silly gently caress...

Anyhow, I had a long weekend and the lady and I decided to go visit some cats and find a new friend for Silly. Then I found a listing on craigslist. Two pedigreed luxury Siamese cats. Both about 2 years old. Owned by an old lady who died, and they needed a home as a pair. A boy and girl. Not related but bonded. Totally vetted and unfortunately declawed. Why the gently caress do people still do that poo poo? Anyhow, this was the pic...

Instantly in love. The lady brought them to our home. Admittedly so she could see that we aren't crazy cat hoarders or slobs. Which is understandable since her mom loved these cats and wanted to make sure they were going someplace good. Now we are the proud owners of Eva, the female with the mottled face, and Jasper. He's the wedge head lilac point. They're both still very nervous so I haven't snapped too many pics. I don't want to freak them out by jamming a camera into their faces. But this is Eva. She is not pink. That's just the lighting through the curtains.

And Jasper...

First time I held him he crawled up on to my shoulders and went limp, like a scarf and started purring his guts out. He's a little lanky sack of love. Crappy pic but you can see how tiny he is here...

Here they are together...

Yeah, some of these pics suck but I don't want to spook them by waving my phone at them all the time hoping to get good pics. Hopefully My posts have some worth. And I want to see more meezers! Once my little buddies feel more comfortable at home I'll be able to take some glamour shots of them. Until then I'm just gonna try to make friends with my new blue eyed pals.

Minister of Chance
Apr 6, 2011
I have two Balinese cats. They are long haired Siamese. The origin of the breed is not 100% clear, but probably stems from a shortage of breeding Siamese and with that cross breeding of Siamese and something long haired occurred. At first long haired kittens were just excluded from breeding and not recognised as true Siamese, but in the 50/60s it became its own recognised breed.
Balinese are a little more laid back (and dumber) than Siamese and not quite as loud.

There aren't that many of them so a lot of times Siamese, long haired and short haired Orientals (Siamese/Balinese in not pointed colours) and Balinese are cross bred and classified depending on their coat.
Sadly genetic disease are a thing. One of my cats has a disease which will lead to blindness. The breeder I got her from figured it out after getting her from another breeder. She than bred her only once with a gen tested Balinese cat(the disease is recessive), neutered her and gave her up for adoption. That's how I got her and I bought on of her kittens to keep her company. I think I chose the right kitten from the litter as they are always cleaning each other, playing with each other and sleeping on top of each other (sometimes even on my lap).

Both of them are very cuddly and playful. Just great cats. Even if the kitten is still a little skittish with strangers and loud sounds.

After all that blah blah some pics of my cats, Marvin(chocolate-point) and his mom Happy(lilac-point):

aposiopetic
Dec 29, 2016
This is Mister the Chairman, and he is an exemplary cat. He's extremely chatty and sits on me when I'm sad, or when it would most inconvenience me, and I'm not sure what more I could possibly ask for. He came to me from a neglectful home when he was about a year old, so he's got some anxiety and attachment issues, but he's weathered three moves and the arrival of two brand new small humans with good grace and immense, demanding, LOUD affection.

His belly is almost never a trap, and it's somehow even softer than it looks. Magic? Presumably magic.

He used to fetch and follow me about, but he's an old man now and mostly prefers to sit on the couch and pose appealingly in hopes that someone will come yield him the unceasing attention he is surely due.

I'm really fond of this creature.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice
They're so pretty! The Balinese are awesome. It's perfect for when you want Siamese but you also want a little bit of floof. Especially in the tail department. My new buddies have really thin, long ropey tails. A stark contrast from Goomba, who had a little nub and Silly who has a thick, short tail. Silly has been driving them nuts batting at those tails. They must seem so alien to her.

The Chairman is absolutely beautiful. I love the darker markings. I ended up with my lighter colored ones but the contrast between those blue eyes and the dark muzzle is so cool.

For an update, Jasper and Eva are doing really well. They're getting along with Silly now and they're spending a lot more time exploring rather than camping out under the bed. They're both proving to be super affectionate and playful. I still haven't gotten many good photos. Just concentrating on playing with them and making them feel at home.

I did spend about $40 on toys and new beds for them though.

Silly tried to lay claim to it all as soon as I got home. That igloo looking thing is pretty cool. It's a regular round padded kitty bed but it pops up into a little cave. $15 bucks at Walmart and Jasper already took a liking to it. A good purchase I think. I've also discovered that Silly goes bugfuck for a laser. No Idea why I never had one for her yet. Jasper is nonplussed by it and Eva is just befuddled. Oh well. At least Silly likes it. That wiggle stick thing with the mouse on the end is a big hit. Silly has always loved those and the other guys love it too. The mouse makes an annoying as gently caress squeak sound. They seem to like it though. The knife is for Silly. She needs it now, with the Meezers plotting against her.

There's a better one of Eva. You can see her slightly derpy eyes in this pic. She's a super friendly cat so far. She sleeps on my feet at night.

Not a great pic but you can see just how tiny and thin Jasper is. He's the more playful of the two. He's taking a liking to the 14 year old in the house more than anyone. He's a little more high strung than Eva. Loud noises send him scrambling. He does seem to be relaxing a lot though.

And not to worry, I've been giving Silly plenty of attention too. She does indeed love a length of yarn.

images of high quality

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice
Just moments ago I walked in on them being photogenic. God drat I love these cats :3:

images of high quality

images of high quality

images of high quality

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

My mom's Sugi is half-meezie! You can tell because he's NOISY! And he has pretty pointy features, too. V. handsome catte.

This is him on my step-dad's lap looking handsome;

This is him when he was younger, when he was a chubster with a fat pudgey belly.

He's pretty old now but I reckon he's still got some years in him, he's in pretty good shape for a 16 year old.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
I have always had a soft spot for Siamese...

My grandma had a gorgeous girl named Shanghai, and she was an amazing little kitty.She was 15 years old last i saw her, and so so loud :)

She was so attached to my grandma though :( My grandma had cancer, and died at home, and Shanghai was on the bed with her constantly. When grandma passed, 10 minutes later Shanghai went out through the cat door and we never saw her again. We assumed that she had gone off to die alone to be with Grandma :(

If I ever get a meezer cat, I will be naming her Shanghai. Give your meezers a hug from me please!

aposiopetic
Dec 29, 2016
These are all such top notch cattes, y'all :3

fluffykittys
Aug 22, 2016

I can't hear you over the sound of me licking my own anus.
Wahhhhhhh! I'm dying from the cuteness. I OCSD: Obsessive Compulsive Siamese Disorder. It's kind of a misnomer, because I'm actually obsessed with all colorpoints. Like, that one that minister of chance posted that looks like a Turkish Van, but is still fabulous. I have a ridiculous collection of "Siamese" stuffed toys. Any stuffed toy that is even remotely colorpoint, I have to have. There's only one I've ever found that I don't have yet, which is this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006CUGFXI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3KEUUL52B6VRN&coliid=I3MHV8N814U54P

Yeah, in fact, I could use some help. I need more stuffed Siamese cat toys, but the more I look, the more I find that I already have. But I refuse to believe that I already have all the Siamese stuffies available in the US. Because, let's face it; EVERYONE is in love with Siamese, whether they can admit it or not

Minister of Chance
Apr 6, 2011
So many cute cats. All those lovely noisy cats :)

fluffykittys posted:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006CUGFXI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3KEUUL52B6VRN&coliid=I3MHV8N814U54P

Yeah, in fact, I could use some help. I need more stuffed Siamese cat toys, but the more I look, the more I find that I already have. But I refuse to believe that I already have all the Siamese stuffies available in the US. Because, let's face it; EVERYONE is in love with Siamese, whether they can admit it or not

Wanted to ask if you already got the Steiff one before I clicked on the link. It sucks that their stuff are collectors items, which get rather expensive when no longer produced.
There's another German stuffed animal producer I like and they have a siemese doll, too.
https://www.amazon.com/Heinrich-Bau...ia+Club+siamese
But it's over expensive on Amazon. It goes for 30€ in Germany. Perhaps ebay has better prices.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Oh man, this looks like an excuse to post one (or both) of our cats!

This is Rorschach

Here he is opening presents with our other car (Bowie).

Baby picture

Rorschach is 1/2 Siamese 1/2 mystery cat. He was an adoption who washed up with some siblings in a flood as a kitten. My wife speculates that his other 1/2 is Garfield because he is more short and squat than tall and lean (also we've been working hard to keep him at a healthy weight since he was like 1 because his favorite thing in the world is food). He has a lot of Siamese traits though - coloration, slightly crossed eyes, chatty as hell. Also, his whiskers are multicolored which is apparently rare, or so my vet tells me. Really I'm just here to post cat pics and say that Siamese cats are a great breed of awesome dudes and even the mixes are worth your attention.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I used to love going with my mum to visit one of her friends because she had a male wedge-headed Siamese cat called Spider, and I thought he was the BEST. So friendly and so chatty, and he sounded like Satan himself with that incredible meezer meow. An awesome cat and it makes me sad to remember him because he'll have died years ago. Rip Spider the cool screechcat.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
This is my friend's rescue kitten Malala a flame point Siamese- such a pretty girl:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Siamese have been my ideal "cat I would love to have if it somehow happened like that" kind of cat since I was a little kid so thank you all for your pictures and stories :kimchi: What great cats.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

secure image upload

All the yowley color point love makes me happy. A new gif of my Meezers. Hopefully it works as attachments are kinda goofy for me lately.

TheJetCityFix
Feb 3, 2004

Errday I'm Russellin'
Just got my lil Sammy. She is absolutely crazy but also a huge cuddler too. I'm in love.

https://imgur.com/gallery/fmyFH

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
this is my soft chocolate point baby, Niko. he only has one eye

he is, by far, one of the smartest and most social cats I have not only ever owned, but ever met in my life. as soon as people walk in the door, he leaps onto whatever table is closest and rolls over, begging for belly rubs. he actually is not super vocal on his own, but he loves to try and hold a conversation if you talk to him. I love impressing my friends by going "hey Niko, what's going on, pal?" and he looks at me and meows

barnold fucked around with this message at 06:42 on May 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ridgewell
Apr 29, 2009

Ai tolja tahitta ferlip inbaul intada oh'l! Andatdohn meenis ferlip ineer oh'l!

Something Awful, meet Sia. I adopted him in July 2016 (after getting advice here in PI - I am a first-time cat owner).

Sia was born in Tangier, Morocco and is five years old. How he got to Europe, noone at the shelter knew. This is him when I adopted him. He put on weight in the meantime...

Sia, named so because he is a Siamese mix and after the singer, is very cuddly and loves kneading.

He is a connoisseur of art.

He sometimes puts on a really, really goofy look.

He is curious about everything I do and accompanies me whereever I got within my flat. :nws: If you don't like naked hairy legs.

He developed a strange habit of jumping in the tub after I take a shower. What's up with that?

He is not very playful and usually cares about toys for two or three minutes at most.

He is super chill, likes to talk and eat cat grass.

He loves to sit between my computer keyboard and I to get cuddles. I love him!

• Locked thread