Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Does it really need saying?

The Legend has awoken

Holy poo poo, it's finally here. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has seen the light of day, after two years of delays, landing on our Nintendo Switch, while waving goodbye to the Wii U (just like Twilight Princess did with the Wii and the GameCube a decade ago). We couldn't be more jacked up for this -- back in the day, our channel used to focus almost exclusively on the Zelda franchise in an experiment we called The Legendary Let's Play. Our goal? To play every main-series Zelda release, start to finish. After 16 months and 550 videos, we completed our goal, and on January 1, 2015 The Legendary Let's Play slept again forever...

...until today.

The gang's all here, and we're gonna be taking on Breath of the Wild and seeing everything it has to offer. Every weekday, we will be spending another 20 or so minutes exploring the abandoned land of Hyrule (well, mostly abandoned), in search of answers, villagers, and a way to defeat the Calamity Ganon. Our only request while we move through this series is to please not spoil anything we have yet to cover. This game is absolutely gargantuan, and we intend to explore as much of it as we can bear, but we want to take it at our own pace and really soak in the environment.

This also happens to be the 200th video game we've played on our channel, and it begins with the 3100th Let's Play video we've produced in our nearly six years on YouTube. Not only that, but just this morning, we finally reached 2500 subscribers, so this game is just as much a celebration of our channel and our fans as it is a celebration of thirty years of amazing gameplay within the Zelda franchise.

And so, without further ado... The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. (This is probably a huge mistake whoops too late here we go)

SEEK OUT IMPA

LOCKED MEMENTOS

ZORA'S DOMAIN & VAH RUTA

A WIFE WASHED AWAY

KOROK FOREST

GORON CITY & VAH RUDANIA

A QUEST FOR UPGRADES

GERUDO TOWN & VAH NABORIS

RITO VILLAGE & VAH MEDOH

UNLOCKED MEMENTOS

HYRULE CASTLE

THE CHAMPIONS' BALLAD

Hopefully this goes without saying, but for the sake of us, our team, and all you lovely bitches hanging out and chatting it up in this thread, NO SPOILERS, PLEASE. Let's keep the discussion only to parts of the game covered in the episodes above.

ricdesi fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Mar 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

And just so that if people would rather just watch the videos here in the thread instead of jumping to YouTube, here are those first two episodes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ykTGgvWKtA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NVOgPsV55g

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Oh good, I can watch someone else play this and not have to imagine what it is like.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Good luck, you guys. This game is big. Like, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious big.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yep, that's a Nintendo tutorial alright. I think that cliff was sloped so that no matter which boulder you pushed, it'd wind up funneled along about the same path.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
As long as you are having a good time, should be a good watch. If only to see how many people share my world view of "90 degree wall climb > logical route"

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Oh good, I can watch someone else play this and not have to imagine what it is like.

Happy to take suggestions on stuff to try out too, if you guys think of anything we wind up missing!

Junpei posted:

Good luck, you guys. This game is big. Like, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious big.

So I'm told. Goooooood... goooooood...

Glazius posted:

Yep, that's a Nintendo tutorial alright. I think that cliff was sloped so that no matter which boulder you pushed, it'd wind up funneled along about the same path.

Definitely had a funnel-y shape going on there, pretty subtle tutorial on Nintendo's part. Didn't require Navi Old Man to come up and be all "YO KID, PUSH THAT poo poo AND I'LL SUCK YOUR DICK GIVE YOU MY SWEET HANGGLIDER", it's just sitting there tempting us with that sweet rear end.

Section Z posted:

As long as you are having a good time, should be a good watch. If only to see how many people share my world view of "90 degree wall climb > logical route"

So far, so good, we definitely need to get our asses on some stamina potions ASAP so we can Spider-Man the gently caress out of this map.

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Alright, let's gently caress around with this new bow and like, learn some poo poo about who we are and the heart of the cards or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5JAbJQvC5w

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
You guys don't seem to know which timeline/era this is so I'll help you since Zelda timelines gets real confusing at times.

This timeline we're in now is taking place long after Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks took place, this place is a new Hyrule that Zelda, Link and company founded on a new continent they found in Spirit Tracks.

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

That was my suspicion, based on the existence of Korok Leaves (that wouldn't make much sense outside the Wind Waker timeline)

That British Guy
Nov 25, 2007

Fabulous
This game has to take place in the child timeline. Twilight princess is specifically referenced in a cut scene.

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Interesting... I suppose if the Kokiri could evolve into the Koroks in the WW timeline, there's no reason they couldn't do the same in the TP timeline... Gonna have to weigh this stuff carefully.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

That British Guy posted:

This game has to take place in the child timeline. Twilight princess is specifically referenced in a cut scene.

They referenced an area from Spirit Tracks in Skyward Sword so it's not impossible that they reference that game too although it doesn't really make sense considering it's in a different timeline.

ricdesi posted:

Interesting... I suppose if the Kokiri could evolve into the Koroks in the WW timeline, there's no reason they couldn't do the same in the TP timeline... Gonna have to weigh this stuff carefully.

Just wait until you see the Deku Tree to make that choice.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Wow that's a strong bow. I wonder if you were too far away or if the tall grass helped, but I felt sorry for the little guy who couldn't find the rear end in a top hat who killed his friend.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I miss the little clips of next/previous episode that you had in the Zelda videos right up until you returned for the 3D remakes, but I understand if they were too much work to keep doing or whatever. However, how come you ditched the vocals on the outro song while you were at it?

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Koorisch posted:

They referenced an area from Spirit Tracks in Skyward Sword so it's not impossible that they reference that game too although it doesn't really make sense considering it's in a different timeline.

I suspect that was more them over time trying to make longer connections across the timeline (Skyward Sword predates everything thus far, including the split at Ocarina of Time, so it's still allowable), by suggesting "Oh hey, this area is totally still around at the farrrr end of the timeline!"

Glazius posted:

Wow that's a strong bow. I wonder if you were too far away or if the tall grass helped, but I felt sorry for the little guy who couldn't find the rear end in a top hat who killed his friend.

Right? There's a LOT of that in this run, it's kind of amazing just how opportunistic this Link can be. Just blow 'em all up before they even know you were there.

FredMSloniker posted:

I miss the little clips of next/previous episode that you had in the Zelda videos right up until you returned for the 3D remakes, but I understand if they were too much work to keep doing or whatever. However, how come you ditched the vocals on the outro song while you were at it?

You are not the first to have brought this up, I'm definitely considering re-adding those. The intros were getting tricky, since they meant I had to mark off fun stuff to add back in while editing (not the end of the world, certainly not the slowest editing trick I've had to pull -- cough cough, everything about Pokémon DS/3DS, cough cough), but they're still very doable. I may experiment with those starting with next week's episodes. Either gonna roll with daily PREVIOUSLYs again, or add them to the Monday episodes, recapping the previous week as a whole. They do somewhat revolve around having a full minute's worth of worthwhile footage, which is trickier in some games than others.

As far as the outros, this is really the third iteration. The first one included a preview of the next episode, which was fine except that it meant we always had to have at least one episode ahead recorded (not gonna be a problem with this game, I assure you -- it was much more of an issue with the DS/3DS games since we weren't loving those as much, bar A Link Between Worlds). The second one ditched the preview and just used the lyrical version of The Adventure of Duane & BrandO's "ZELDA", but I was starting to get a bit concerned about getting Content ID flagged (or otherwise pissing them off), so I used the instrumental version instead. Odds are, I'll be giving the zoom-in previews with commentary another go next week as well :) We're gonna be here a while, may as well make it worth our while!

Speaking of, today's episode will likely be going up a little later in the day than normal -- been having a loving hell of a time getting a 2+ hour finale to Mega Man X6 to export properly, but once it's done I'm free and clear. Hoping to have it up around 4, if I'm real lucky.

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

So hey, we're checking out shrines and poo poo now. Loving the names we've come across so far, and here's the one that's an anagram for Aonuma. GIMME DEM MAGNET GLOVES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqaznUnOZKs

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Getting a handle on bow controls. I think Lindsay might be enjoying this a bit too much. Then again, Sarah's and my bloodlust for hunting every animal we see may not be helping...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejkT6ttQoJc

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Couple things that might help a bit.

First off, when you're looking around through your scope, the minimap will track what you're looking at. Some of the pins you put down up on the tower were actually off the plateau out in the blue digital unknown. You might want to go back up at night and see what else you can spot on the plateau proper.

Second, now that he's done waiting on you, the old man is out practicing the arts that sustain life. If you catch sight of him while you're out exploring and he's doing something you want to know about, ask him.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The volume on your intro music is almost deafening compared to the rest of the video.

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Yeah, I did notice that. Will be altering the intro and lowering volumes for the next video, sorry bout that.

Glazius posted:

First off, when you're looking around through your scope, the minimap will track what you're looking at. Some of the pins you put down up on the tower were actually off the plateau out in the blue digital unknown. You might want to go back up at night and see what else you can spot on the plateau proper.

Second, now that he's done waiting on you, the old man is out practicing the arts that sustain life. If you catch sight of him while you're out exploring and he's doing something you want to know about, ask him.

I think in the next video or two we clean up our map, and we definitely stumble on the Old Man a bit and learn some of the tools of the trade. There might be some stuff we missed though, so we'll be keeping an eye out!

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccoGv2Tf99o

Alrighty, so for today's episode I've been taking a lot of the first week's feedback into consideration. We used to have an extended "previously" section before each video, but 15-ish minute videos are difficult to pull that much worthwhile recap material out of (especially for a game as wandery as this one), so I've cut that segment in half... which ironically felt a little too brief for Part 6, but we'll feel it out and see how it goes this week.

I've also brought the volume way down (at some point I negated my -5dB gain and didn't notice) to make it... you know, bearable. Also added a SKIP button for anyone who doesn't want to stick around for the recap, hopefully should help alleviate anyone binge-watching the series now or later (though it's still not perfect, since consoles and mobile devices don't have the luxury of annotations, which annoys the poo poo out of me).

I've also re-added the "next time" teaser snippet to the end, since the outro's not doing much of anything else right now anyway. Should give the ending a little extra something for the folks sticking around for the last 30 seconds.

Let me know how you guys are feeling about this! I'm on the fence between daily vs. weekly "previously" bits (if it's weekly, it'll return to the old longform intro, still with the skip button though), so we'll use this week as a litmus for that.

As a sidebar, prior to the first episode's posting, we had recorded 15 videos' worth of content (8 in this first batch and 7 with just myself, Ben, and Lindsay) so any in-video feedback won't be reflected in posted videos until two weeks from today at least. In case there's anyone still pulling their hair out over something mentioned in the thread that hasn't changed in the gameplay yet.

And to answer the question we've gotten all over the place: yes, we've made it off the Great Plateau already, it's in one of this week's videos IIRC.

ricdesi fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 13, 2017

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Hylian cooking for dummies:
There are some set recipes to make rice balls and cake and such, but you can cook anything and as far as I can tell the special recipes don't offer extra hearts. The only way you ruin a dish is by adding non-food items.
Food ingredients come in two forms: base (just gives hearts) and buffs (like the stamina shrooms).
Combining buff foods for different buffs (cold resist and stamina regen for example) cancel each other out, can only have one buff per food. Base and buff foods combine just fine.
Adding multiples of a buff food can increase the strength/duration of the buff.
Cooking insects with monster parts creates elixirs, which generally have stronger buffs but fewer hearts healed (though the details depend on what food/insects you happen to have).

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
That's pretty neat. Old man teaches you how to aim a tree and you've got like two-three trees to take a shot at making a bridge with.

I imagine they "intended" you to experiment with all those stamina mushrooms all around the place and then go climb that cliff with stamina boost on? Maybe?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Maybe this is just my opinion, but we don't need to see EVERYTHING you do. This game was billed as being gigantic and having an endless amount of stuff to do. If we see every last little thing you do (and I'm mostly referring to travel between points you've been to before, or potential repeated boss deaths or puzzle attempts that tend to happen in Zelda LP's, on a much grander scale simply because of what this game is accomplishing), this LP will take much longer than it needs to be. It just feels like there's a lot more padding in these videos than there needs to be.

That said, I am enjoying the LP, that's just my 2 cents.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I'm inclined to disagree; I'm enjoying the more deliberate pace. (And they have mentioned they're at least meandering vaguely in the direction of progress, not just faffing about.) As for the 'previously' segments, once a week would be fine; you can have it be 'last week on the D-Pad', which would let you cherry-pick your moments more. (You could also add 'next week on the D-Pad' if you have enough of a progress buffer.)

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Alrighty, the path to that mountain shrine was clearly a bust, so we're recentering ourselves and shooting for another one. Surely this will go just swimmingly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwvbWXzpx5A

Bruceski posted:

Hylian cooking for dummies:
There are some set recipes to make rice balls and cake and such, but you can cook anything and as far as I can tell the special recipes don't offer extra hearts. The only way you ruin a dish is by adding non-food items.
Food ingredients come in two forms: base (just gives hearts) and buffs (like the stamina shrooms).
Combining buff foods for different buffs (cold resist and stamina regen for example) cancel each other out, can only have one buff per food. Base and buff foods combine just fine.
Adding multiples of a buff food can increase the strength/duration of the buff.
Cooking insects with monster parts creates elixirs, which generally have stronger buffs but fewer hearts healed (though the details depend on what food/insects you happen to have).

This is super drat helpful[i] (and makes perfect sense), thank you! We'll definitely take this stuff to heart and have to give another big round of cooking a go!

Glazius posted:

That's pretty neat. Old man teaches you how to aim a tree and you've got like two-three trees to take a shot at making a bridge with.

I imagine they "intended" you to experiment with all those stamina mushrooms all around the place and then go climb that cliff with stamina boost on? Maybe?

They've been dotting the landscape with a little of this here and there, it's a really subtle way to guide you into learning the game mechanics. Great conveyance, [i]Breath of the Wild
!

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Maybe this is just my opinion, but we don't need to see EVERYTHING you do. This game was billed as being gigantic and having an endless amount of stuff to do. If we see every last little thing you do (and I'm mostly referring to travel between points you've been to before, or potential repeated boss deaths or puzzle attempts that tend to happen in Zelda LP's, on a much grander scale simply because of what this game is accomplishing), this LP will take much longer than it needs to be. It just feels like there's a lot more padding in these videos than there needs to be.

That said, I am enjoying the LP, that's just my 2 cents.

I hear you, yeah. As we move forward, I'll be keeping an eye on how we're progressing - for now we're still stretching our legs, but if it seems like we're going for long stretches without a lot happening, I might start to make some edits here and there. In the meantime though, starting tomorrow the episodes will be getting longer so as to keep us moving forward at a reasonable pace!

FredMSloniker posted:

I'm inclined to disagree; I'm enjoying the more deliberate pace. (And they have mentioned they're at least meandering vaguely in the direction of progress, not just faffing about.) As for the 'previously' segments, once a week would be fine; you can have it be 'last week on the D-Pad', which would let you cherry-pick your moments more. (You could also add 'next week on the D-Pad' if you have enough of a progress buffer.)

Yeah, if we decide we want to just go off and explore at any point, we'll definitely be making that super clear, either with an addendum to the video's title, or by saying it at the video's start. As far as the Previously segments go, I'm inclined to agree. I'm really feeling a weekly catchup will be better than daily small ones.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Something else that was mentioned in the PYF little things thread: apparently the glow of things change from red to blue when you've cleared them. It's an easy way to know what you've done, even from a distance.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Keeping the preview bits to weekly would probably give you better choice edits along with lessening the overall workload, yeah.

I don't mind the casual pace, particularly at the very start of the game. Though I could understand the desire to trim stuff once things get rolling later and decided "Over an hour of footage of us hunting lizards and butterflies" isn't quite up to standard as "Learned to cook, learned to lumberjack".

But at the very least, the plateau should probably be shown off in full unless you personally think some footage just really sucks.

FredMSloniker posted:

Something else that was mentioned in the PYF little things thread: apparently the glow of things change from red to blue when you've cleared them. It's an easy way to know what you've done, even from a distance.

Along with the mixed color scheme of "You've unlocked this as a fast travel point! But still have not cleared it". Which is also shown on the map, and I thank god because I'm running out of stickers.

100 sticker limit, not nearly enough it turns out :shepface:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Mar 15, 2017

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

FredMSloniker posted:

Yup! This has already proven pretty helpful when scouring the Great Plateau and elsewhere for things we might have missed.

Section Z posted:

Keeping the preview bits to weekly would probably give you better choice edits along with lessening the overall workload, yeah.

Yep, two days in and I already sort of hate it, if only because the slower, more deliberate pace of this game and the more openendedness of it make it a lot harder to squeeze "last time"-worthy moments out of it. Weekly is how it'll go from here, I think.

Section Z posted:

I don't mind the casual pace, particularly at the very start of the game. Though I could understand the desire to trim stuff once things get rolling later and decided "Over an hour of footage of us hunting lizards and butterflies" isn't quite up to standard as "Learned to cook, learned to lumberjack".

But at the very least, the plateau should probably be shown off in full unless you personally think some footage just really sucks.

I don't think there's anything on the plateau that stands out as "ugh, no"-level problems, so we'll be seeing that in full. Out of 15 videos recorded so far, I think all of them are pretty decent in terms of progress and/or activity.

Section Z posted:

Along with the mixed color scheme of "You've unlocked this as a fast travel point! But still have not cleared it". Which is also shown on the map, and I thank god because I'm running out of stickers.

Ahhh, now that I did not know! Good to know moving forward, for sure!

Section Z posted:

100 sticker limit, not nearly enough it turns out :shepface:

:toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28W-p6n6GsE

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
That would have been a pretty neat physics puzzle if it was a physics puzzle.

Oh well, back to thermodynamics puzzles.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Serious business sticker chat. Decide what stamp type, will be used ONLY used to mark shrines you have seen in the distance. Alternatively, don't and the viewers can enjoy your suffering when trying to remember what magic sticker means what :v:

Also, pushing the sort button on equipment screens not only sorts it, by cycles it through two different types of sorting (Which took me forever to figure out why I never had consistent sorting every time I pushed the button :downs:). Weapons and shield it seems to cycle between sorting biggest numbers, or sorting by "Type". Like putting all your one handed swords/Skeletons in a row, or cycling your clothing between matching sets Vs what body part it goes on.

Durability tracking wise, that little sparkle on some of them means it's still at max durability. So that's your way to tell which identical item you've been using or not. Took me way too loving long to realize this.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Watching these videos makes me wish I had this game, but I can't justify dropping $300 on a Switch. Anyone care to recommend similar games for the PC? (Note that I said 'recommend', not 'Google'; I'm looking for games you personally played and enjoyed.)

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Since both my wife and son are interested in this game I was thinking of getting them the Wii U version. Do anyone have some experience with it? I take it that it's less impressive in the graphics department but is it a decent version otherwise?

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Are you guys planning on longer episodes in the future? I feel like a game of this scope could use 30 minute+ episodes to really get progress done while limiting the amount of videos you have to put out. An hour or more would be a bit much, though.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Sylphosaurus posted:

Since both my wife and son are interested in this game I was thinking of getting them the Wii U version. Do anyone have some experience with it? I take it that it's less impressive in the graphics department but is it a decent version otherwise?
I played through it on Wii U. The graphics are less impressive overall, but generally only in ways that you'll see if you're specifically looking for them. There's also a few cases of FPS drops but they're rare. If you have a Wii U already it's totally worthwhile to just get the Wii U version rather than dropping $300 on a Switch.

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Whoa poo poo, thread got busy when I went to lunch.

First off, ladies and gents, the warm doublet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MALAzuAh5Io

Section Z posted:

Serious business sticker chat. Decide what stamp type, will be used ONLY used to mark shrines you have seen in the distance. Alternatively, don't and the viewers can enjoy your suffering when trying to remember what magic sticker means what :v:

Yeah, I'm thinking we're gonna have to sit down and decide what stickers mean what for sanity's sake. That said, there's a non-zero chance we might just beeline it for any shrines we can find, just to see what's going on inside them.

Section Z posted:

Also, pushing the sort button on equipment screens not only sorts it, by cycles it through two different types of sorting (Which took me forever to figure out why I never had consistent sorting every time I pushed the button :downs:). Weapons and shield it seems to cycle between sorting biggest numbers, or sorting by "Type". Like putting all your one handed swords/Skeletons in a row, or cycling your clothing between matching sets Vs what body part it goes on.

ooooooooh, NEATO. Definitely gonna play around with that!

Section Z posted:

Durability tracking wise, that little sparkle on some of them means it's still at max durability. So that's your way to tell which identical item you've been using or not. Took me way too loving long to realize this.

Yeah, someone had mentioned that earlier in the week - the only real ways to know how far in a weapon in is "sparkles = 100%" and "red blinky = dying". Shame it doesn't go any further than that, though...

Ubiquitous_ posted:

Are you guys planning on longer episodes in the future? I feel like a game of this scope could use 30 minute+ episodes to really get progress done while limiting the amount of videos you have to put out. An hour or more would be a bit much, though.

Definitely considering it. The next seven episodes are all in the 20-25 minute range, partly since we were all desperate to keep moving, partly because it was starting to feel necessary. If we need to go longer, we'll slide it up even more!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Sylphosaurus posted:

The only time you'll really notice a graphics difference is if you compare them side by side. The FPS apparently drops a bit more than Switch in some areas (I haven't noticed, but I'm not very sensitive to that sort of thing). The main thing I've noticed is that when I hit a moblin with a two-handed weapon's second swing, the light show, knockback and enemy ragdoll cause the game to stutter very badly, particularly in areas with other visual effects like Death Mountain. I have no clue if that happens on Switch too.

Gameplay-wise, the two versions are identical.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Ok, thanks for the headsup regarding theWii U version, TheOneAndOnlyT and Bruceski. I'll guess daddy will be highly regarded in the days to come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Easy weapon inventory management: out of space? Use the right dpad to switch to a weapon you no longer want and just throw it. No need to mess around in the menu.

• Locked thread