Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I miss the little clips of next/previous episode that you had in the Zelda videos right up until you returned for the 3D remakes, but I understand if they were too much work to keep doing or whatever. However, how come you ditched the vocals on the outro song while you were at it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I'm inclined to disagree; I'm enjoying the more deliberate pace. (And they have mentioned they're at least meandering vaguely in the direction of progress, not just faffing about.) As for the 'previously' segments, once a week would be fine; you can have it be 'last week on the D-Pad', which would let you cherry-pick your moments more. (You could also add 'next week on the D-Pad' if you have enough of a progress buffer.)

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Something else that was mentioned in the PYF little things thread: apparently the glow of things change from red to blue when you've cleared them. It's an easy way to know what you've done, even from a distance.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Watching these videos makes me wish I had this game, but I can't justify dropping $300 on a Switch. Anyone care to recommend similar games for the PC? (Note that I said 'recommend', not 'Google'; I'm looking for games you personally played and enjoyed.)

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Koorisch posted:

I like that you guys completely ignored the pop-up that told you what the new ability is and what it does then didn't understand how to get rid of the huge stone.

They try to learn as little as possible about a game before they play it.

All too often, they learn as little as possible about a game as they play it. :v:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

...do I even want to know what the deal with the zebra is?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I had my gall bladder out a few years back. It was scary - the symptoms were not unlike those of a heart attack, and it took me a few trips to the ER to convince them that I was having physical pain and not a panic attack or something.

The good news is, Ben can still eat greasy food; the bad news is, he'd better stay close to a bathroom if he does. :v:

Did they go in through the belly button like they did on me?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

ricdesi posted:

Yeah, a conversation on the Discord server pointed out that the Patreon reward of "Ben will eat a whole cheesecake" might be somewhat less feasible now...

Not sure about the details just yet, Lindsay says they went in through four incisions in his abdomen, I think?

That sounds about right. I had three small incisions along the side of my stomach, but the main tools went through my belly button. If medical videos don't make you queasy, you can check out this video, which is what I looked up after having mine. Bonus points for (spoiler in case you don't want to watch it but are curious about the process) using all sort of fancy tools - a tiny camera, a clamp, an electric cauterizer - to detach the gall bladder... then dumping it in a plastic baggie and pulling it out through the belly button, complete with having to jiggle it a few times to squeeze it through.

Incidentally, they used dissolving sutures as well as some sort of medical adhesive to close up my side wounds, and I got to experience something rather amusing (spoilered for potential quease): one of the stitches wound up poking out of one of the wounds. They used tweezers to stretch it, then snipped it, and it sucked back into my body like a piece of spaghetti, the hole immediately clotting.

There was pain, and I learned first-hand just how many daily activities involve stomach muscles, but I was fully recovered pretty quickly. Nowadays I just have a herniated belly button (not painfully, but I definitely have an outie now!), scars from the side incisions, and the aforementioned stay-near-bathroom-after-greasy-food thing, and even that's not painful, just inconvenient.

Tell Ben to take his time getting better and to be sure to do his breathing into a tube exercise!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Arcomage posted:

Amusing as it is to see you shriek in fear and take every encounter as this near-death experience, most combat really isn't as hard as you seem to think it is.

Not to mention, a lot of the time you try to run from a fight you get hurt worse than if you'd just stood your ground, whether because they pelt you from range or just chase you until you have to stop, by which point you've picked up three or four additional groups.

• Locked thread