Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

vdate posted:

You mentioned both paragliding and climbing in these eps, and I gotta tell you, once you get used to it you will wonder how the gently caress you ever went anywhere in a Zelda game without them. (Well, a Zelda game not containing the Pegasus Boots.) I hit this weird state of simultaneously wholly internalizing it and not realizing I'd internalized it pretty fast. I found myself spending a good 20 minutes clambering up the side of a canyon and paragliding from outcropping to outcropping, and then realizing just how unprecedented that freedom of movement really is. (Judging by the examples of, e.g. Skyrim or Ocarina, I mean.)
I wonder which is worse: coming to this game and forgetting there's no autojump, or going from this game (or Wind Waker) to one of the others and forgetting you can't glide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

ricdesi posted:

Yeah, something about his unnecessarily chipper attitude has me worried that I might not be the first one to "help"...
Wasn't there a Traveler's something-or-other near the start? I guess it had to come from somewhere...

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

It's an interesting change having the Hyrule Field equivalent be one of the most dangerous places in the game.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Alxprit posted:

Yeah, there's some issues with those who choose not to automatically embed Youtube videos on the forum.
...huh. I had no idea there was an option for that.

So, uh, thanks for mentioning that.

Quantum Toast fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 7, 2017

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Bruceski posted:

--Light an arrow on the blue fire, then shoot it at the next torch.
I was wondering if that'd work, but then I remembered that one door in Vah Rudania. Seems like you could skip about half the lanterns with a good enough shot.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Scalding Coffee posted:

Did they explore half the map at this point or are there just one more rear end Creed tower to climb?
About three or four towers left, I think, based on the chunks of unrevealed map.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

...I just did Ridgeland Tower yesterday and I never noticed that guy up there. Probably because it was raining and the middle of the night, but still.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

ricdesi posted:

Part 123: "Fresh from the Trash"
I like to think that Link's expression after that memory was him mentally kicking himself for leaving all those Lynel weapons just lying there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

I'm still a Camelzord short of being able to do this stuff, but that last section of Stop to Start looks like the toughest part of the whole thing to me.

• Locked thread