Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus
Also, the spinny-lasery thing it did that knocked you back repeatedly creates an updraft...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus
You've done what absolutely everyone who's played this game has done: forgotten about cryonis. You finally used it at the end of the puzzle, but you can use it at the start too - just magic up a cryonis block on the wall behind the orb to start its journey!

(Ps - new episode up)

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus
Sounds like you guys have the dreaded left joycon desync issue - or are you using the pro controller? If the former, Nintendo are apparently replacing them very promptly.

Yes, as some of you are aware, you're not expected to actually fight that (beast that I won't spoil as you haven't posted it here yet.) What you SHOULD do, however, is take a photo of the drat thing. Trust me, you'll thank me later.

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus
I like cutscenes. Especially the way they tell you what to do first, then show you a picture of what you do first. Fortunately, I have no friends to chat with and totally miss cut scenes.

Oh, and that gloopy skull-spitting thinger? There was another one of those eyestalks hanging down from the ceiling that you just managed to just catch in the bomb's radius. Took me far too long to get past that, because my bombs were all unlucky. One arrow, poof. Always look for eyestalks in Ganon-spooge.

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus
I know you're keeping the thread tidy by posting these videos three at a time, but it's a pain in the arse to those of us following the YouTube channel!

(Part 45 is up now.)

Should I hold my comments until you officially post them here? I think I'm way out of sync already :shrug:

(Edit) I'm going to comment anyway :smug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuOx7-KzSdM

snograt fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 12, 2017

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus
You know, I'm loving seeing you guys discover stuff almost as much as I did discovering it myself. Awesome game, awesome let's play.

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus
Hitting that thing to activate the shrine is just incredibly finicky. Either trident can do it and it can be done with a standing jump like you tried at the very start. There's just a "sweet spot" you need to hit for it to register.

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus
Hint: not all weapons impart the same amount of kinetic energy per strike on a stasised object.

More help under spoiler.

Hammer is a big whack. 5 big whacks too short, six big whacks too long, so...?

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus
Personal request: next time you talk to Hestu, try taking all your armour off first :heysexy:

n.b. the thread is four videos behind, non-YouTube-followers.

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus
Those scales (episode 69) can be brought down by just sliding one of the big metal blocks down against the side. At least, I'm pretty certain that's what I did. If not, you can always magnesis any handy swords you may have discarded and pull them down that way. I don't think there's ever a need to exit and re-enter a shrine.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure you can just knock down that chest with a big magnesis'ed block, rather than playing with the other set of scales. This game is so malleable!

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus
If you hit the old, dead guardians with something heavy, like a magnesised metal box, you can tip them over and get a few extra screws and stuff. I must have missed the ones by your tiny island there, but I'd be interested to know if they could be flipped with a bit of sneaky cryonis, what with them being in the water and all. Probably not, but you never know.

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus
I took it as "let's name the toilet after that sports player on the team we don't like." The disabled part was just latched on to, unfortunately.

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus
No fair - someone already spoke to Hestu nekky off-camera - his first reaction is longer and funnier.

Also, all of you seem very resistant to using spin-to-win - it can be very useful in places. I dealt with most scary enemies with a combination of stasis and a high level two-hander.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus
I think less panic would help too!

• Locked thread