Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
While you guys are right that the gems are used for crafting, their primary use is to be sold for rupees. So you shouldn't worry about holding on to them right now since you will need rupees for a lot of things. Also by the time you get to the place where you can craft the gems it won't be hard to find more of them.

Also if you guys are worried about not getting all the chest in a shrine on your first time, like I am, you can see on the map if you've gotten all the chest in a shrine or not. If you have gotten all the chests the shrine name will have a chest next to it when you select it.

This isn't a neat tip but I'm curious. How soon will you guys be getting back to the main quest ghost king gave you? Also it was kind of impressive how quickly you forgot the first bridge you ran to in episode 14 when you wanted to go across the river.

Edit: Also, remember your runes. They are useful in solving puzzles and in combat. Also the tips on the loading screen are very informative so I would recommend reading them.

savixeon fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Mar 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

ricdesi posted:

Yeup. You'd think they would have considered that if he broke out, there may have been a reason why.

I honestly would have far preferred (in terms of story) that they be taken completely by surprise, and the shells of the unused guardians were what he took over instead of actively utilized ones. I don't dislike the existing story, but it feels a little convenient that they could be ready so quickly after 10,000 years.

Do you know what they were eating in Asia 10,000 years ago? I don't because they were just about to cultivate rice. It's like saying "Okay guys, we killed Rasputin, but be ready for him to come back in case he does," and in the year 11,900 they're still preparing for this guy.

It's a bit of a nitpick, but hey.

Its not like the guardians and divine beasts were used to seal Ganon, they were just acting as support while the hero and the princess fought and sealed him. So when they were planning to use them, after excavating them from all over Hyrule, to act as support again they had no reason to think that Ganon breaking free from the seal would have anything to do with the weapons they used.

Also from it looks like the people of Hyrule were treating Ganon more like a force of nature than like a being that can think and plan, even the name they call him, Calamity Ganon, makes him seem like a natural disaster. So it makes sense that they would think the same thing used to deal with him 10,000 years ago would work again when he comes back.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

MonsterEnvy posted:

Also the Divine beasts and Guardians were rediscovered over a century ago. So they more or less just getting them ready when Ganon took control.

If I remember right, in the cutscene where the king was describing what happened 100 years ago, all of the guardians that Ganon took control of were deactivated at the time. So they probably were getting ready and they didn't know the exact time that Ganon would break out from the seal.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

MonsterEnvy posted:

No they had the divine beasts ready for sure. But then Ganon killed their pilots and took over them.

Yeah, they had the divine beasts ready but the guardians seemed to be in a powered down state when Ganon took them over.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
Now that you guys have gotten the upgraded sensor I have a bit of advice for you. Get a picture of a treasure chest as soon as you can. It doesn't matter how fancy the chest is, it just needs to be a treasure chest. Then whenever you're in a shrine you can set your sensor to look for treasure chests to make it easier to find them.

Also, on the topic of the sensor, other than being annoyed by the beeping when you're near a shrine, I don't know why you wouldn't want it on all the time. A lot of the shrines are going to be hidden and the sensor does help find them. And the noise only happens when you're near the shrine so most of the time you won't hear it.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

ricdesi posted:

...I am loving flabbergasted that actually works.

I felt the same way when I figured it out.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

ricdesi posted:

He's a pretty rad dude, despite him still not making it clear why he needs me specifically when I'm visibly ill-equipped for what he wants of me.

He doesn't need you specifically, he just needs a Hylian. Its just incredibly fortunate for him, and maybe unfortunate for you, that he found you.

The trials of strength are a lot easier when you use the combat mechanics you were taught. Also the laser fest when the guardian scout was near death is easier to dodge if you get up close to it and run in circles around it.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
To do the downward stab you need to press the attack button (y?) while you are using the glider. You can't put the glider away and then press the button since that puts you into a jump attack. Also I think the downward stab works for all weapons but I might be wrong about that, I don't remember using it with weapons other than spears.

Also If you guys are going to get gear then you will need to sell your ore. At this point in the game it is just used to sell for rupees and it is not difficult to get more ore. Also you shouldn't use bombs to get ore. Bombs have a lot of uses but getting in ore is not one of their better ones.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
They've gotten to death mountain. As long as their willing to spend some time climbing and breaking ore deposits and can understand that the main purpose of gems is to be sold for money, then they shouldn't have anymore money trouble. Obviously this doesn't have to be done on video.

Also, before you guys try to buy the flamebreaker helmet from the shop, you should go back to the south mine. The reward for the get 10 fire proof lizards quest is a piece of the flamebreaker set of armor. I can't remember what piece it is, so it might be one that you've already gotten but even if it is you can just sell it.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

Bruceski posted:

Hmm, now that you mention it I'm not positive. I figure since you can light weapons with blue fire from a lamp it'd work the same, but we know that blue fire turns into normal fire when it burns stuff. I just assumed on that one.

I do know for sure that throwing a torch leaves it lit. That's what I used to get around faster.

Lighting an arrow on fire does work. I did it to light the lantern behind the fallen pillar when I was doing this.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016

snograt posted:

If you hit the old, dead guardians with something heavy, like a magnesised metal box, you can tip them over and get a few extra screws and stuff. I must have missed the ones by your tiny island there, but I'd be interested to know if they could be flipped with a bit of sneaky cryonis, what with them being in the water and all. Probably not, but you never know.

They can be flipped over if you use cryonis on any water beneath them that is large enough to allow a block to be made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
Rick, do you remember what happens when you correctly dodge an enemy's attack by back flipping or side hopping? Because its just as helpful as parrying an enemy's attack. In my opinion it is a lot more helpful than parrying.

Edit: On the subject of Talus killing, I find it a lot easier to just run around to the back of the Talus and climb up them. Its harder for them to hit you if you stick close to their legs when you run to their back since they can't throw their hands at you and if they decide to fall on their face it takes a few seconds and as long as you keep moving to their back you'll be out of the way when they hit the ground. Then just climb up to the deposit, hit it a few times, then jump off before you get thrown off so you don't get hurt.

savixeon fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 3, 2017

• Locked thread