Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I think the purpose is to teach you how to swerve out of a wind stream, but I'm not surprised there's another way like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Glazius posted:

What can you do with those giant swarms of Keese, anyhow? Toss a bomb and go redneck sky fishing?

Bomb Arrows are useful for that.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Aside from learning about the story, it's mostly important to get one memory early on and tell Impa, and then it doesn't matter when you get the others as long as it's before you fight Ganon.

The distance things are tricky - part of it is because of how big the landmarks actually are, but I think there is some visual cheating involved, maybe based on air clarity or something.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

snograt posted:

Sounds like you guys have the dreaded left joycon desync issue - or are you using the pro controller? If the former, Nintendo are apparently replacing them very promptly.

Yes, as some of you are aware, you're not expected to actually fight that (beast that I won't spoil as you haven't posted it here yet.) What you SHOULD do, however, is take a photo of the drat thing. Trust me, you'll thank me later.

seconding this, with an additional "also take pictures of more other things too."

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Cerebral Bore posted:

That thing is definitely beatable at this point in the game, but you have to git gud.

get good at perfect dodging, cook food for attack or defense, and bring more/better weapons and shields.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I did the spiral by using the monster masks. I only had problems with keese and some octoroks.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

they seem to be saving it but it's not really special, it's a spear with decent durability that breaks rocks like a hammer.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Also they're lucky they took the high road to skull lake. The low road, while it has some crazy rock scenery, also has... challenges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

All of the rito family bows (Swallow, Falcon, Great Eagle) have long range, as does the sheikah Phrenic Bow. There may be some others plus the ancient tech one.

• Locked thread