Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

bump_fn posted:

how long until there's a spoiler free walk thru of who to hang out w every day to 100% the game I ain't got time for this poo poo

How long until you game without having your hand held?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fartlancer posted:

i think the huge teleport pad maze in eridanus was the worst part and it took hours to exhaust every possible route before finding the right path

That was the best part.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fumaofthelake posted:

I think most of what you can get from SMT you can get that and more from playing persona on whatever the hardest difficulty is

nah... not even close my man

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

think I'm gonna play this on merciless when I do since I just found out that it exists.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

The only difference between hard and merciless is that you get less money and xp which just sounds boring to me. The damage modifiers aren't any different

fail...after the difficulties in smt4 apocalypse I expected better

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Beat Palace 1 last night. This is the first Persona that I've played that makes hard mode fun and interesting. The new combat mechanics like baton pass and being able to negotiate after knocking​ enemies down are awesome. And thank god for real, not randomly generated dungeons. I'm enjoying it. I wasn't impressed with the first boss but all of the minibosses and normal encounters have been great.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Is there a list of everything that merciless changes? I heard that it only changed exp and yen gain from hard mode but that 3x from weaknesses change sounds interesting.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's nearly 4am and I just beat the Palace 6 boss...This game is really good at making me pull all-nighters.

Enjoy this

https://my.mixtape.moe/umitnj.mp4

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 10:46 on May 26, 2017

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Listening to Life Will Change in Palace 7 right now...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I love the Persona/Demon models in this game. SMT5 is going to be amazing.

Also I think I've hit the home stretch in this game. I'm going to try and finish it tomorr-... today. After I wake up.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's the Day of Reckoning. This game is never-ending.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I beat the game. Now I can read the thread. I'm curious how many people noticed the pancake thing right away like I did.

If I play this game I think I'll do Merciless NG+, but I won't bring my compendium or equipment over. Hard mode was really good but I wanted a tougher final section. Still I really liked the Palace 7 boss and the final boss.

I ended up missing out on maxing 4 confidants, but I did max my personal stats.

Ann: Rank 5, I only went to her when there was nothing else to do
Haru: Rank 3, I wanted to max her but it wasn't realistic
Chihaya: Rank 3, Every time she popped up I had someone else that was going to rank up and she wasn't
Ohya: Rank 9, I couldn't finish hers in time unfortunately. I started working on it late because her abilities weren't that useful to me. I want to see the Max Rank cutscene though...

One thing that's weird to me about this game is the lack of secret/super bosses. I don't get the point of the really strong personas without them.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Crap...I forgot the final burger challenge.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

So did you guys have any staple party members? I had Makoto and Morgana in my party almost always. Morgana because he's an amazing healer and my favorite character. I also got a lot of use out of his critical punches. I don't know if this is true but they seemed to crit a lot more often after a baton pass. As for Makoto, well, Marakukaja is really important on hard mode and nuclear is a great element overall.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Baton Passed Swift Strike Ryuji is MVP for a majority of the game imo

Baton pass is the best battle mechanic in this game. The lack of passing at all in Persona 4 bothered me and now you can pass your extra move to anyone instead of just the next fastest person like with press turn. Yusuke's single target phys move that powered up after a baton pass was a favorite of mine.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I used Makoto Yusuke and Akechi

has the story progressed greatly for you yet

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I feel like the heavier hitting skills are almost never worth it compared to mutli-hit skills. I also kept Headbutt well into the final dungeon because it saved my rear end regularly

On hard mode at least I used them pretty often. Mostly on bosses but also on strong enemies that are about to destroy me on the next turn if I don't take them out. Swift Strike is nice but it missing has gotten me killed more times than I can remember.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I like Makoto's outfit too

She has my favorite mask.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Man I love the final boss track

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Shido's boss fight is so long and boring and I died on the last loving turn and I wanna smash my monitor fffuuuu

That fight is awesome my man

• Locked thread