Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Item Getter posted:

I wanted to get the steel case version but it won't ship launch day to where I live and I want to play the game on launch day
#gamerproblems

that's a pretty lax commitment to getting items if you ask me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

HolePisser1982 posted:

the steelbook is insanely good looking, its ridiculous

wowie zowie

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

preordered because that steelbook is fuckin sexy

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Fumaofthelake posted:

Play 3 and 4 first if you think you might want to play 300+ hours of anime because if you play 5 first and try to go back the other ones probably won't seem as good. It's really hard to play 3 after playing 4 due to all the quality of life improvements.

And while I haven't played 5, after seeing the Baton Pass they're adding in 5, I think it would be something you'd sorely miss if you went back.

i played 3 fes after 4 and loved it

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

this game loving owns

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Kongming posted:

I audibly said "Oh, wow" during a certain scene, I wasn't expecting it to go so far.

i did this too lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

this game is so insanely good

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

HolePisser1982 posted:

when youre insanely hype about gameing but you gotta be productive

holy poo poo

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Kongming posted:

I feel like there's way more stuff to do in this game and they give you less time to do it in. I unlocked a confidant that may help with that but I haven't seen an opportunity to use the skill yet.

"level up temperance asap" is the only hint i'm using

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

In Training posted:

I also really really like SMTIV's insane setting. Apocalypse is probably my favorite JRPG outside of Persona4. Although now probably Persona 5 is toppling it haha. Atlus is good at what they do

nocturne-esque smt using this engine might manage to topple p5 but right now i agree

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the second boss character is a real piece of poo poo imo

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm also a rare gamer that played P3 after 4 and thought it was just fine. The old games will always be there if you like what you see. My first step into SMT mainline games was Nocturne

this was my smt timeline as well and it's led to the series being one of if not my favorite in all of gaming

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

lmao makoto is following me all around the school in the most conspicuous manner possible. i let out a surprised laugh when i saw her on a different floor

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

lmao

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

found a good early-mid broken persona and have been wrecking palaces since. thanks treasure demons

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

and if you thought the temperance confidant was expensive just wait until you see fortune

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

if you make coffee you get confidant points and items for sp healing at the smae time

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i really appreciate the period after the A on akechi's briefcase

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

ending to the fourth palace had me reaching a critical mass of feels

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Why is Sojiro's s.link stuck at 2 for me?? No matter how many times I hang out with him it never changes. I gotta be missing something

it doesn't go to level four or above until the end of august

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

HORMELCHILI posted:

Im gonna kill this loving cat

rude

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i want ryuji's no mo' rules t-shirt very badly

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

oh hell yeah.

this will pair nicely with the other gun shirt i have

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

elf help book posted:

i love the cuts to the future when you make a new friend

"A group like yours needs a hearty breakfast. Someone had to have been supplying doughnuts to you. What do you say to that?"
I AM THOU

lmao

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

brainwrinkle posted:

The endgame is too easy with the top tier personas.

thats every persona game

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i will never get tired of mishima owning himself every time he shows up

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

sixth party member's all out attack screen is so good

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

elf help book posted:

i always say the nice options to mishima so i assume the final event will be him wearing my skin

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

lmao haru owns. "sure let's rent out the legally distinct from disneyland amusement park for a night"

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

In Training posted:

Oi mate fancy a gun about with the six piece

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

it owns that not one but two s. links in this game are about coffee

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

haru is crazy useful after a baton pass and just wants to cultivate her garden without bothering anybody. think she's my favorite party member

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Buddy,

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the fifth palace boss has a really fun premise and i yelped aloud with delight at how one of the mechanics pays off

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

lmao i just got an enemy clear cinematic in palace 7 as a mouse

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

im glad trumpeter is as ridiculously good in this game as he was in 4

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

elf help book posted:

im getting scared because igor and morganas confidant ranks are getting high, as is the phan poll, how can this game end on me

theres always the superboss

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

HORMELCHILI posted:

im trying to max all slinks in my NG+ without using a guide, shouldnt be hard with all social stats maxed. hopefully there will be enough time left over to read all the books and play all the games too because my goal is to plat this poo poo

i maxed all s links and did all books, saved, then loaded a save from november to play all the games and catch the big fish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i'm at the part of a persona game where i fiddle around with fusions for hours and hours because it's obviously the last day. ive created at least one super persona and a bunch of really good ones

• Locked thread