Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

In Training posted:

This is the worst day of my life because my PS4 just tonight got that hardware failure where the power button thhinks it's pressed all the time so the console is constantly turning itself on or off if I leave it plugged in to the wall :stonk: i can't deal with this, persona is days away

i had this happen, except with the eject button once it gets hot

i took it in to gamestop after letting it cool and traded it for a ps4 pro, i feel sorry for the kid who has to exchange my ps4 out in the future

sorry kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the steal my heart edition of p5 is arriving tomorrow and as soon as i finish work i am going to play it all night

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
really jealous of all these people who got the game early by hook and crook

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm only on 4/12 but I'm loving this game already

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
its really cool to me that the scenario and idea of personas fit really well together, and writing it is an accomplishment on its own

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I wanted to play on hard, but I really want to just enjoy the first playthrough

i didn't know what to expect in terms of difficulty spike either

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

rediscover posted:

quoting 4 page old post to echo that Strange Journey is Top tier SMT and is prolly in my personal top 3

:yeah:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
you are a bad doctor

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUwBIP7rjlA

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Fumaofthelake posted:

Everyone who talked about the first boss design holy moly you were right

it is really good and I enjoyed the mechanics introduced to raise the stakes

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i really like this game

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I wish I had known about the calling card thing, four days to beat the first dungeon is pathetic. gonna try to use only two on the second

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Fungah! posted:

this fuckin rules

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
"time to button mash" is my favorite selection made so far

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

In Training posted:

"We hate cops"

that one is strong too

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
thanks to exam week and dungeon two, I will be finding out what happens when a DVD is late

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Fungah! posted:

the enemies have bad nicknames ify ou don't have them

good nicknames imho

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I played persona 1 when I was like 12 and didn't have a memory card and had to rent it, and loved it and didn't know wtf it was, just that it said rpg on the back like all my favorite SNES games

I wouldn't run into smt again until P3 came out and I was like oh poo poo I remember this! that led into DDS and eventually SMT games proper

strange journey is still my fav, but persona 3+ are just all around fun games it's hard to say they're not better. they're just all around experiences in a very unique​ way

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

In Training posted:

I love that all the social links give weird specific mechanics, it's a great way to make them all feel really varied and fun

agreed

and the maid service one is so far my favorite, but I feel like my words and deeds will be regretted

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
sixth party member is fuckin bad rear end

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

elf help book posted:

"Time to button mash."

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I think I might be able to get to the final treasure in the third dungeon all in one night

but I'm out of sp and sp recovery, and healing items

I just gotta push through, I must be at the last trap thing

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
hell yea, I made it. dodging through all the enemies instead of fighting like a cat burglar

so awesome

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
drat you soji, I just want to learn to make coffee, why must you be so difficult to s level

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

mycophobia posted:

It's Monday and I just wanna go home and play Persona

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
persona 2 moves so slowly, I wanted to like it but even the PSP version moves insanely slow

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I just beat the fourth dungeon, and now I have all summer to get to know my crew better

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Hizke posted:

I just spent an hour fusing personae for the wardens, stopped at Neko Shogun. It's been said but all the persona models are loving amazing!!

Neko Shogun one is frustrating because you have to use sacrifice to feed the skill to him and it takes about 1-25 minutes of save scumming because the skill inheritance is random

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Dr Pepper posted:

Anzu learns Dekaja naturally and is one of the components of Neko Shogun. It's easy.

drats

but save scumming it probably took less time than leveling anzu to get dekaja

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
playing this game has awakened a desire to play smt2 again for some reason

I wish there was a better English patch

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
new item found in mementos

spiked bra - will teacher gropers a lesson - repel phys (low)

now I realize how much i miss fun flavor text

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
makoto, i will impress all of your friends with my charm

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i really like how the difficulty curve in the palaces is such that if you've been doing mementos, keeping up on personas, and have a few of the time consuming items for sp you can totally clear it all in one night, but its very challenging

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i should really just grind out the money for that, now that i have the discount

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Pablo Gigante posted:

Yeah I managed to do the third palace in one night, it was a little hairy at times but it's totally doable

drat what rank do those unlock at?

i just finished the 5th in one night, the fourth was the hardest to do in a night

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
that's sick lol

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

elf help book posted:

i love the cuts to the future when you make a new friend

"A group like yours needs a hearty breakfast. Someone had to have been supplying doughnuts to you. What do you say to that?"
I AM THOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

In Training posted:

I cant fuse stuff on demand without looking at a fuse guide, Im missing the search options that SMT4A had

gonna play smt4a or strange journey again after beating p5

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
kawakami, go make me some coffee, gonna beat Gorman's gambling adventure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

In Training posted:

Idk if you're there yet but he has a text message bit before the 4th dungeon that was the funniest thing I've seen in the game

which one?

• Locked thread