Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Migishu posted:

i'm the powers upply placed under the motherboard where there's no real air circulation and no real way to expel thermal heat

the intake is on the bottom of the case and the outtake is out the back. alternatively you could mount it intake up if you wanted to suck hot air down off the mobo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Suspicious posted:

so how big will the migration from chrome to firefox be, do you think

anyone who cares about browsing uses Edge.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol if ur still using failfox or chome in 2017

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
works on my pc

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Pryor on Fire posted:

Remember 10 years ago when ad blocking was considered a wild and dangerous game, hell even downloading something that wasn't IE was considered out there. I remember getting banned from some forum, I think it was arstechnica maybe? for linking to an adblocker in 2005. Those were the days, every ad was in flash and had sound and pegged your bandwidth for 3 seconds.

I don't remember that.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Ocrassus posted:

Conventional advertising is decaying. All those fancy campaign creatives and poo poo are gonna get replaced eventually by white kids doing stupid poo poo on social media and getting paid more money than you will ever see to have a given product in shot whilst doing so.

I think it's hilarious how much money companies spend on social media in particular. If you want 'engagement' hire a goddam comedian, not 10 'social media gurus' with <1000 followers between them.

this is already how advertising is. there haven't been creative ads for decades.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

out of curiosity do advertising execs' spreadsheets take into account the people who become so infuriated by an ad playing dozens of times in the course of an episode of tv, or by the ad's message not agreeing with them, that they come to loathe the company and swear to never patronize them? or do they just reject reality completely

like, i will never purchase a lysol-brand product in my life thanks entirely to my disgust with their television advertising messages

they don't care cause you aren't the target market. Toyota is another great example. they have the most bullshit patronizing ads in history but they're for their boomer target audience.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

litterrally a jeep making GBS threads itself

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Its truly amazing how bad this is and shows how much of a liability your marketing department is in most cases.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
it sounds like they had some poorly conceived pro-diversity schlock where women keep peeling off their skin to show other women cause ~*we're all the same*~ and then someone had to stick it into a limited ad network and picked the worst frame combo possible.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
either that or dove is comically racist

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i'm angry at this still image shown without context!!!!

the problem is it was shown w/out that context as an ad so the only thing you see is "black women turn into white women when they get clean w/ dove soap"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
wait, are they ruining the edge brand with an ios/slowfari version?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

wait. they couldn't do that already? what the gently caress have they been paying for?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I knew ad people were stupid but I didn't realize they were stupid enough to buy ads placement so blindly.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
nice specs but idk about that price tag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
our marketing people settled on a lower case word for our logo so I just take the vector and stick it in an appropriate sized rectangle and they don't care as long as the text looks ok. also I don't usually tell them I'm doing it which helps alot

• Locked thread