Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm gonna do English for the first playthrough then try Japanese, I usually just stick with English but the JP track seems real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I play with all the sound muted and I voice all the characters aloud and in falsetto and also in faux french.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I'm actually planning on going deaf for this game.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Baron posted:

Just enough time to finish Horizon, finish Tales of Berseria, try to play the original Nier, and then Automata! :negative:

I already beat all those (except original Nier)

Can't wait for Persona 5 to let me pretend I'm a well-adjusted teenager with superpowers

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
actually, i'm going to be playing with english audio but with japanese text

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
How hard is it to max out social links without a guide?

Is it like P3- hahaha, no loving way or do they give you some leeway ala P4?

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!
From what I've heard it's utterly unforgiving on a first playthrough. The guide I saw suggests rotating saves constantly.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

epenthesis posted:

From what I've heard it's utterly unforgiving on a first playthrough. The guide I saw suggests rotating saves constantly.

Is there anything interesting for succeeding?

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

epenthesis posted:

I did it first playthrough only gaming the answers and looking up some schedule poo poo in the end. Had to roll back a save a few days in the last quarter when the game just throws a curveball and fucks up your party's social links until you finish a dungeon. Luckily I had the wherewithal to make a third save that was at the final optimal time to start and finish it but Morgana *minor spoilers* the fucker literally says to take as much time as you need and acts like the dungeon is a point of no return so like hell am I holding that L.

redux
Apr 23, 2008
I only looked up optimal social link answers, otherwise just did whatever and didn't really worry about it, and I maxed every single link except one which was at 6. I don't think it will be that difficult, but maybe I just lucked into a good route.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

i will also be playing with jp audio, and i like dubs and think there are plenty of things where the dub is better than the jp audio. the dub for this seems pretty bleh (though maybe they've improved it with the delay,) while the jp VAing seems pretty good. I also don't like when US vas mispronounce names or honorifics or whatever, which the trailers had a lot of.

epic this

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkvIIL4YygI

Tiny Morgana :kimchi:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

I play with all the sound muted and I voice all the characters aloud and in falsetto and also in faux french.

When i played Tales of Symphonia I voiced every character as Arnold.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

I honestly didn't care much for the bag but after seeing the material on the inside actually looking like the ingame styling that got me kinda into it. probably just gonna keep it as a decoration and never actually use it but still, that's a cool little attention to detail that they didn't have to do.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The bag is way smaller than I expected

I got a Junpei hat for preordering p3p and it owns

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

alright now that i platinumed nier i can be ready for this game

also how does anyone lookat this cast and not sjust know motorcycle girl is best girl

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
How am I ever going to find time for this poo poo with nier, zelda, and mass effect

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

also how does anyone lookat this cast and not sjust know motorcycle girl is best girl

Everyone was sold on Futaba the instant they saw her, because they can relate to being a shut-in nerd like her

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Everyone was sold on Futaba the instant they saw her, because they can relate to being a shut-in nerd like her

Unfortunately we're not attractive anime redheads

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
ching chong bing bong

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Futaba sold me off the game for a while, especially when she's there the most by proximity

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

nachos posted:

How am I ever going to find time for this poo poo with nier, zelda, and mass effect

skip mass effect because it sucks poo poo, solved your problem

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

Futaba sold me off the game for a while, especially when she's there the most by proximity

what did futaba ever do to you

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

nachos posted:

Mass effect doesn't seem good so play that when it's 20 bucks or whatever.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

fbsw posted:

ching chong bing bong

The phrase is "ching chong bong wah", get your poo poo together.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

Haru:

A) uses axes and grenade launchers

B) has mega style, drinks tea after horribly maiming supernatural manifestations of the collective unconscious of all mankind

C) uses axes and grenade launchers

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
tae is bae

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Haru's persona has a giant dress full of guns just like other best anime game girl Elphelt.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

Haru:

A) uses axes and grenade launchers

B) has mega style, drinks tea after horribly maiming supernatural manifestations of the collective unconscious of all mankind

C) uses axes and grenade launchers

- cannot do sweet burnouts on her persona

though that is a compelling argument

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
lol if you sub anne out for anyone else

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Item Getter posted:

At least the English Ann didn't use her natural speaking voice when recording for the game holy poo poo.
The name pronunciations are pretty bad but otherwise it's ok. I might switch between the 2 dubs on and off for the sake of variety

I'm incapable of doing this. I tried with FFXV but it was too jarring and I just had to pick one.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

yeah but the ffxv english dub is good

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

boy are my arms tired posted:

lol if you sub anne out for anyone else

I will use everyone because we will all be best anime buddies.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

From what little we've seen, Anne's english VA seems really good.

I like most of the English VA cast well enough but Anne and Yusuke are the standout performances.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I will use everyone because we will all be best anime buddies.

good news, you can swap people out mid battle like ffx

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Endorph posted:

good news, you can swap people out mid battle like ffx

The gently caress why isn't this in the list of gameplay changes in the OP this rules :colbert:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I knew that but even without that we would have all been strong anime friends together.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Oblivious posted:

The gently caress why isn't this in the list of gameplay changes in the OP this rules :colbert:

Hifumi's Section posted:

10: Togo System Allows other active combatants to swap with reserved ally in battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

That is not the list of combat changes but it is in the OP so we're both half wrong here :colbert:

Still, that's pretty cool. I guess she's gonna be an important S-Link then.