Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
This is going to be an 80 hour first playthrough like p3p and persona 4 right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Saint Freak posted:

Do not 'spend a long time together' with the cat thanks in advance.

acatisfinetoo.jpg

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Baron posted:

Just enough time to finish Horizon, finish Tales of Berseria, try to play the original Nier, and then Automata! :negative:

I already beat all those (except original Nier)

Can't wait for Persona 5 to let me pretend I'm a well-adjusted teenager with superpowers

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The bag is way smaller than I expected

I got a Junpei hat for preordering p3p and it owns

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Everyone was sold on Futaba the instant they saw her, because they can relate to being a shut-in nerd like her

Unfortunately we're not attractive anime redheads

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Going to preorder digitally because my room is microscopic and I can't even manage a physical library of anything

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Can I fuse Yoshitsune and spam Hassou Tobi???

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Captain Baal posted:

They literally did not fix how fuckin busted Yoshitsune is

Good because that's how I've beaten all the final bosses in the personas I've played. Except p3p where I fused a bunch of armageddon cards and killed the final boss in four rounds

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

MotU posted:

im using the 3 girls always boys get out~*~

I too will play the game like a Dungeon Crawler Heist Harem Anime

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I preordered on PSN and super dissapointed because the avatars you get are just different versions of the protagonist. Was hoping for a Morgana one

Haven't tried the theme yet

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Can you get this poo poo on UK/EU PSN yet? I didn't see an option to download it

I'm US so I'm not sure. But to get the theme and avatars I just hit download game on the game page on the browser version of the store

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Do the other premium themes have different music? If anyone has multiples of them

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

CharlestonJew posted:

where can I get these themes

Internet says some of them come out the day the game is released

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm noticing they didn't subtitle a lot of stuff in the anime cutscenes like they didn't subtitle the tv chatter in a super early cutscene with Sae and Goro and I assume what tv lady said is important. Is it like that the whole game? Should I switch to dub?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
He made one cat pun so far but it's a lot less than I was expecting

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Persona 5: Dramatic Eye Close-up

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

WMain00 posted:

This game is giving me serious post traumatic flashbacks to being back in high school.

The puberty. The angst. gently caress. gently caress!!

*rocks back and forth*

I love it and Sojiro is a nice contrast to Dojima because I know guys who are like "ugh sausage fest lemme out of here"

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I got confused with Shujin Academy because I thought the previews mentioned it was a school specifically for delinquents but I was very wrong

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm going to be disappointed when I get home from work and discover that those icons on the minimap are not actual minigames (Please tell me they're minigames)

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Super dissappointed Haru, Makoto, Futaba, and Goro didn't do freeway figure skating in the OP

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm currently in the Mementos tutorial, but does the quality of coffee you make at night improve by practice or Sojiro's s.link?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

CuddlyZombie posted:

I want to trash it, it feels like I'm cheating!

The DLC Izanagi was grossly overpowered for the first dungeon

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I did the burger challenge like you guys suggested but it only gave me one note of guts xp :(

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

When you manage to beat the Comet Burger (by have 2 in Knowledge, Proficiency, and Guts) you get a nice chunk of stat ups in everything except Kindness. Then you get a Gravity Burger to fight which requires 3 in said stats. Then you get to the last burger and you gain like 3 Guts points just for failing an attempt.

Other ways to get Guts is to go study at the diner in Central Street while only ordering coffee, study in the Library at school, and minor stuff like books and DVDs. Overall though it's a bit slow since most of 'em similarly only end up giving 1 guts point at a time.

Thanks, that's like this persona 3 comic I read where the protagonist starts by everyone hating him and then after 6 months of doing nothing but eating beef bowls he becomes a god of charm that oozes sex appeal

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Is there actually dungeon fatigue like in P3 or do your party members just say "I'm tired" because they're low on HP/SP? I don't remember any tutorial about it

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm about to send the 2nd calling card. Can I still explore the dungeon during that sequence? I missed 1 locked chest

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Moltrey posted:

Making coffee owns actually cause at least at Rank 3 with Sojiro it's 30 SP a coffee and making it increases your relationship with him, so just sit there and make coffee until dad wants to hang

I did this and I swear my slink for him jumped from 1 to 3 stars because I spent 4 nights making coffee

SettingSun posted:

"Let's not do that right now." Screw you, you drat cat!

Persona 5: Let's not do that right now

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Apr 7, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
~my immersion~ was broken when there was no option to spend an all-nighter before exams

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
People who beat this game will be motionless save for their thumbs for 80 hours

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Do you get the healing item and skill card DLCs on a restart and/or NG+?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The second boss is such a huge step down from the first, it's crazy. (As a character and a fight)

I haven't gotten to the fight yet but I was super let down too

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
On the plus side everything regarding the second boss has felt like watching a Lupin the 3rd episode

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Harlock posted:

That's how the guide is telling me to do it

I'm debating restarting and following the guide since I've never 100% a Persona game and I've never replayed one after my initial playthrough, which difficulty are you playing on?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
What are the best money making schemes to get the invigorate 3 accessory from Takemi?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I knew the 100% NG guide would be miserable but I had to switch down to Safe mode when it said to reach the treasure and leave the dungeon with an huge amount of yen in one day.

I was paying Easy before that and that felt closer to persona 3 and persona 4 on their normal difficulties

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Oh hey a direct reference to Yakuza (the video game series)

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Serf posted:

It seems like you have control taken away from you an inordinate amount of the time in P5. I only played P4 Golden before this, and it was a few years back but I don't remember it being this bad there. I realize that Morgana is just telling you the game's limitations, and that absent him the game would still not let you do things, but having him be the avatar of "no you can't do that" is really making me dislike the character.

P5 feels way more restrictive of its in-game calendar than p4 and p3. I remember being able to do stuff in early p3/p4 but I think it takes at least a month before you're allowed to have a free week in p5

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The game FINALLY opened up in late July...which is like 30~40 hours in lol

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Harlock posted:

Define opened up?

The anime cat is finally not telling me to go to bed every other day and you have full weeks of afternoon/evening activities that you get to choose

You also get a really long time to finish the story dungeon during that time period

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Oxxidation posted:

I mean you can do stuff on your own by mid-April but your range of links is really limited (even more so because Ann is gated by Kindness rank) and you keep paddling into these vast gulfs of plot every other week. It really is out of whack.

Not like the other two games were much better about it, though. I don't remember if it was P3 or P4 that went "you're doing job internships now, LET'S JUST FAST FORWARD BY TWO WEEKS"

My memory of p3 and p4 is vague too but I think they're slightly framed better. Like other people said Morgana won't stop slapping your hand early and early-mid game for trying to do something fun but you also have days where all you do is talk to one person then immediately go to bed

This is supposed to be attractive life-haver simulator, not a mirror!

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Apr 10, 2017