Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

gyrobot posted:

It would still be damning evidence, taking treasure also destroys your desire to do that one thing in life and accept complacency under Yaldy. Since the treasure was herself, she had chosen to channel her new desire towards unleashing her anger and "cruelty" on the group that called the hit on her family. Or what little anger she can muster from her socially awkward state.

no, taking someone's treasure caused them to try and play by the rules of society, which played into yaldabaoth's hands because he'd rigged the population's hearts in advance to bend to his will

futaba's behavior was also normalized to an extent, but because she had the rest of the phantom thieves to fall back on (and because she was still pretty weird to begin with), she didn't end up in the prison of regression alongside the other targets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

I often wonder if Nyarly will ever return to bedevil Persona users.

nyarlathotep looking at the current state of the world and going "dang, feelin' a little redundant here"

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Gen. Ripper posted:

I find it strangely hilarious that in P2:IS Nyarly's response to losing is basically saying "well gently caress you then" and destroying the world anyways on a technicality.

it's even pettier than that, his victory was assured pretty much the moment Xibalba was unearthed. the Great Father battle was basically him trolling the party on his way out the door

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
he did! it had bug people

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

That would be an absolutely bonkers twist and I don't know if that would be better.

by all appearances akechi's the one who's going to bail us out of the lotus-eater bullshit happening in the game's new act so i wouldn't hold my breath

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

HIJK posted:

y'all are acting weird as poo poo about this. Any way as promised, some links demonstrating my point:

*to the opening notes of beethoven's 5th in c minor* shut the gently caress UUUUUP

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the brokebrained performative outrage over the fictional teenager is probably emphasized because nothing else in P5 makes its audience feel much of anything

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i think they're kidding. maybe? hopefully?

lavenza does tag along with the protag in the new semester to schlep around town for a bit but she doesn't have an actual romance route that i know of

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Xad posted:

Do the crossover games usually have a Lu Bu? I don't remember who it might've been in Hyrule Warriors if there was one

ganondorf had several appearances in the story mode that basically amounted to him death-marching through your entire army as you tried to escape

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
a fully retranslated script is maybe the one thing that would compel me to give royal a shot, if only to compare/contrast

akechi would be interesting because his artificial unctuousness was his main personality trait and that actually benefited from the robotic localization

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Arist posted:

Actually, hold on a minute, I'm noticing some really, really minor dialogue changes, like the word "easier" being changed to "easy," but they didn't fix any of the actual awkward phrasing in that scene :psyduck:

"you were doing things that you kept in secret from others" kee-rist i forgot how bad this could get

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

TwoPair posted:

There are apparently tweaks that are bigger in some places

https://mobile.twitter.com/Shock_and_Roll/status/1237408679252635648

that's the tweet that started this whole conversation. just changing a few of the especially egregious lines here and there isn't going to do it for me, but if that gets other people to bite then more power to them

but man, the localization of the entire first act especially was so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
even if you disregard the regressive stuff, the added material in full body was so loving stupid

just look at the reveal of the "angels" in qatherine's scenario, it's this shrill, juvenile, witless bullshit that's somehow incongruous even in a game rated T

the same applies to p5 royal from what i've seen and heard