Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I've never played a Persona game before, is this a good a place as any to start?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I think I'm gonna go ahead and buy this as my first Persona game. I'm not spending 250$ on a PS4 just for this though, I assume the thread title is true and it's perfectly acceptable to dust off the ol' PS3?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Just making sure it wasn't some sort of sarcastic goon joke!

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Is there a good way to deal with Brutal Calvaryman/Berith in the 1st palace? He's weak to Ice magic I know but I don't have any, and although I can take him down he does alot of damage that I have to heal up. I am trying to reach the treasure in one go and I hope I'm not stretching myself to thin.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Im trying to resummon a persona but my capacity is full, are executions the only way to make room? Sorry I'm still really early in.

E: Oh wait yeah I see it, I'm dumb.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Apr 15, 2017

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Lol I just started May and this poo poo is a ridiculous roller coaster ride so far. I'm hooked.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Finished the second palace, way easier than the first because it had to be done in chunks. The 1st one was kinda brutal pushing the treasure in one go. This one has to be done in a couple of chunks and the boss was a complete joke for my level 19 team. Gives you plenty of opprotunity to grind also.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Mid June here, Akechi is such a weaselly piece of poo poo. Ryuji would shitstomp you into the ground before your high-schooler rear end arrested anyone narc.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

The game definitely has several hours of hand holding because its a pretty big game with alot of different things to explain but by 15 hours you should be pretty firmly in the driver's seat.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I preferred Ryujis's unevolved persona. Lightning skull pirate with cannon arm was way cooler than Clown Goku :(.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Makoto's sister's interrogations get really silly by month 3 or so. Really you think I must have had someone help me with my "luck'? Why not investigate that burger joint that's clearly putting steroids and mind enhancing drugs in their patty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Well just finished the game, probably GOTY for me but I have played only a limited amount of big releases this year. Couldn't resist Reaper farming my way to level 95 and fusing up one of those unkillable Yoshitsunes though so the game was cake but I still enjoyed it a ton. I was boring and romanced Ann :tutbutt:, it will definitely be Kawakami though in NG+. This was my only Persona game but if I wanted more then Persona 4 Golden should be right up my alley right? I've heard a lot of good things at least.