Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Plugging along through the game, just now getting to the desert tomb, and let me just say that Yusuke is a goddamn delight in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ThomasPaine posted:

Yusuke is somehow a Japanese weeb

you bring shame on your yukata

So good.:allears:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah, as I play through I haven't noticed a ton of egregious errors or anything like that, but I've noticed plenty of weird oddities along the way.

I'm happy I did not get the game at launch. It's a fun game, but the pacing is annoying (This cat demands I sleep tonight. I must obey), and those tiny little translation mistakes would have driven me insane had I bought the game day one. All the delays for the game, and they still don't nail the translation? That's frustrating, even if it is a forgivable effort.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
There was a pyramid. I did not care for its boss. That's all I've got for today.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Oxxidation posted:

i sphinx you should settle down

you seem a riddle bit upset

:alexa:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm still waiting for Futaba to bounce back, but it's kinda funny that one dungeon is finally putting together some pieces of the story. Like, up to this point it felt like three separate plot threads would never connect, but through this dungeon I can see them all coming together.

Hope my theory pans out!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I've been avoiding the black bars. Comes with the territory of starting the game late.

No harm no foul, friend.:)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sigh, I'm 4 liquid mercury shy of the eternal lockpick, and the three Anubis I've seen in Mementos don't seem interested in dropping any more of them.

Yay~

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I nearly went to the moon. I did not go to the moon.

Dungeon was okay, music was the best part.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Steve2911 posted:

I just hate that the game takes away your ability to do an action for the day/night every time there's any kind of story beat. In some cases it makes sense but I don't see how meeting up for Sunday lunch with my phantom bros means I'm too tired to move in the evening.

Unlocking the maid massage was like...a religious experience for me. I can dungeon dive to my hearts content!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Christmas outfits for Morgana and Makoto are the best, imo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just went to Destinyland in the story, post fifth dungeon.

WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT????

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Hunt11 posted:

I feel like Sae gets a lot of poo poo considering the fact that you were basically using magic to do everything.

The only time I hated her was when she was:

1)Mean to Sojiro

and

2)Mean to Makoto

She at least apologized for #2.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
What in the gently caress is supposed to go on the shelf in my room?

I have a chocolate fountain, crane game stuffed animals, but not a gosh darned thing on my shelf.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
October 26th was a big day.

Sojiro is a good dude.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am not through the game completely yet, but I would like to say that this game rewarded me for being as serious as I am about common breakfast food.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I get more irritated that they play the one reaction sound clip, regardless of how many times in a row you do the same move.

If for some reason you decided to exploit 5 enemies' weaknesses with a single target spell, you will get the exact same message 5 times. Would it have really killed em to record a second line so they could alternate?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Most of the Ann moments fell flat to me, but if I hated Morgana for anything it's that he is the face of "LOL SORRY IT'S TIME FOR BED!!!"

Other than that Morgana was a nifty little dude to me.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Can we all agree Morgana's snowman outfit is the best DLC in the game?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Morgana snowman is freeeeeeeeeeeeee

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

IcePhoenix posted:

I'll agree to it being 1b with Makoto's RWBY as 1a (also part of the :siren:FREE:siren: Christmas DLC)

Are you me????

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Beat the 7th palace. Reactions as they came:

:kamina::eyepop::qq::allears:

Now let's do some dungeon diving, babyyyyyyyyy

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Akechi has two things going for him: his outfit in dungeons and his little victory shimmy after an all out attack.

That's it.:colbert:

EDIT: also, despite playing through the entire game let me just say that Ryuji STILL cracks me up when I hear "GET WRECKED" in the middle of battle.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am diving down the last last dungeon myself.

Boy this is a real upbeat kinda place!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So.....just beat the final boss. All I can say, is that when it came to the cinematic finale I was wondering "how exactly are we going to beat this thing?"

The answer? :eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop: Holy gently caress.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I do not regret attempting the harem. That was absolutely worth it.:getin:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

HIJK posted:

Hahaha wow cool there are new posts in the P5 thread I wonder what--

oh.

You'll never see it comin~~~~

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Azran posted:

Out of curiosity, are any of the Persona series/movie(s?) worth a watch? I've only played 5 but I plan on playing 3 and 4 eventually, I don't mind spoilers though.

4 had a decent series, but I'd hesitate to recommend it to you over the game itself.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Endorph posted:

yeah dude atlus cares a lot about what 40 year old westerners say about their games

Can confirm. My dad works for Nintendo.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Instant Grat posted:

do not date your little sister

You have to draw a line somewhere. This is the place.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I dated everyone but Futaba because it felt weird going from "let's get you back into society in even the most basic capacity" to "also let's get romantic."

Just felt like you can't do both for a person in a situation, imo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Dont date ohya either because what the heck give me better social link buffs ya butthead

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Endorph posted:

morgana is a cat personfication of literally every problem persona 5 has as a game. massive railroading, tons of recaps that go nowhere, things that happen just so the plot can shamble along to the next dungeon, etc.

GO TO BED

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Endorph posted:

Really though the reason to be mildly optimiestic about persona 6 in this regard is the staff change up. Not blaming like, literally one guy for this, but the facts are that lit. Every game the p3-p5 director has had significant say in (including nocturne) has poo poo like that, the dude constantly puts his foot in his mouth in interviews, the one major persona release hes been uninvolved with (p3p) significantly walked that stuff back, and other games from atlus dont have these issues, like etrian odyssey v just had lesbian side characters.

Its not a stretch to think that maybe now that he and his team are gone things might be different.

Hadn't heard about the staff shake up, but I'm happy to hear about it.

Overall I felt Persona 5 was a pretty mixed bag, and while I was never upset by some of the off color jokes in the series I'm going to be relieved to (hopefully) see them gone. The game's proved they could be funny without crap like that, and I'd rather they stick to what works.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Endorph posted:

I question this diagnosis

It doesn't take much to make me chuckle. I won't begrudge anyone who disagrees with me on the games being funny. Theres plenty of hits and misses in each.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Has anyone seen the anime adaptation of Persona 5? Did they change anything storywise? I've been mildly curious about giving it a shot, just to see how it turned out, but if there are any story improvements I think I'd be more eager to give it a watch.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Maybe it was just a bad translation at times, and that's why the message kinda failed to reach everyone's ears. Because you know....the translation wasn't great at times.

I mean, I like the interpretation above, and it makes a lot of sense, but upon beating the game I did not feel like that's what the story was trying to say.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The stripping thing is doubly unfortunate because the 50 layers of clothing was a great gag

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Persona 4 had a good story because Chie was my friend. Even if she wanted to be a cop.

Persona 4 is a game of contrasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Black Frost takes a literal poo poo on Mitsuo. It was uncanny. First time I tried without BF I struggled and lost an annoying fight. Second with BF I was surfing on a wave of ice and power.:c00lbert: