Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The party AI was fine, but it seems alot of people just completely did not know that party tactics existed. Getting charmed sucks but, that would happen even in p4 and 5 so ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

IMO it's extremely having your cake and eating it too, to have the first arc be about an abusive teacher and how bad that is, and then let you gently caress your teacher, because she's hot so it's different.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Cops uphold the status quo, that is their entire purpose. So it's a bit weird to have her wanna be one given what the game clumsily tries to convey.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sure, but the game is really bad at making it feel like the phantom thieves are actually changing things on a larger level, so the "I'll fix it from the inside" stuff feels really toothless.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I feel like you want the end goal of the game to be "The Phantom Thieves somehow completely change society instantly" which is a bit much to ask from any video game. Even video games about drastic social upheavel trend towards status quos for obvious reasons. Even in fantasy or sci-fi settings you get movement towards a comfortable safe status quo because it's frigging hard to envision a society that isn't that in a way that it's horrifyingly offensively simplified or completely implausible.

Like I think Persona 5 could have gone further but it feels like the expectations people have for how far it could go are kind of implausible. There's a reason most video games/movies/books which feature massive shifts towards theoretical better worlds leave it for the credits so they don't have to deal with actually portraying it.

Yeah I didnt want them to solve everything forever, but I think I was let down by how the game through marketing and preview material felt like it was going to go farther in on the outcasts shunned unfairly by society angle. So thats sort of colored my reading of the game overall.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The way the game just endlessly shits on Mishima sucks IMO.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

After much internal debate, I'm Goropilled now and am glad he gets fun scenes in PQ2.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Persona is already 95% dating sim so they should just go all out tbh.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think they just didn't bother dubbing it because most people consider the 3DS dead. They didn't dub the new Etrian Odyssey either.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Golden has fast forward for cutscenes so it'll be less of a pain.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It was fine conceptually in 3, they just forgot to give Jun and Takaya actual personalities and put it all into Chidori.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm hoping Makoto or Ann's ends up cool.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm not sure why people think that goro fans want him to be fully redeemed and retroactively cleared of all wrongdoings...do y'all even understand what women find appealing about characters like him??

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Zoomer fujoshi are wild....liking characters because they ARE a huge pos ftw.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah it's definitely confirmation bias on my part.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

It still boggles my mind that people here sympathize with the mass murderer because he's pretty an orphan, but have absolutely no qualms about repeatedly dunking on an abuse survivor who's been bullied his entire life because they think it's hilarious to perpetuate the cycle of abuse upon him.

I like Goro, and think Mishima being treated like poo poo is bad. I am all powerful.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Are the people who are pro-goro in this thread anti-mishima though?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

No one gives a gently caress what you buy it's that you're being a giant weirdo about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

why can we gently caress older ladies as a teenager in a game where the first bad guy is a dude that rapes teenagers

I don't understand how people thought this made any sense!!

Because society at large only thinks its gross if it's a male teacher loving their student. Look at any news story about a female teacher being caught loving a student and notice how most peoples reactions will be to say the kid was lucky or call him a little bitch if he was the one who outed her. We Live in a Society folks.