Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I wasn't going to buy this game if it was English audio only and literally every snippet shown of the English dub justifies that stance.

Source your quotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Katagiri Yatou 「硬桐蛇塔」

It includes the characters for "Solid" and "Snake" and the given name can also mean "bandit"

High level punnage

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

I can romance Way Too Intense Shogi Girl right

Of course

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

The story in question was basically cleanly ripped from a real headline and that you find it shocking and distasteful speaks less to any hamhandedness on the part of the writers and more to your own naivete

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Plus I think Japanese med school starts at undergrad, like Japanese law school? So people get through the system faster. Don't quote me on that though

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

That's not a lobster, Inari.

Yeah, it's clearly a squid.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

darealkooky posted:

Late october stuff I thought goro overhearing morgana complain about pancakes wayyyy back when you first name the group was forshadowing that he's had a persona the whole time? Guy mentions that he only first got it around when okumura bites it. Is there something I'm missing here?

Congrats, you were paying attention earlier. You'll find out the truth of the matter soon enough

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

Pretty much all I remember from the Japanese VO is Joker telling Shadows to show him their true form, and Futaba telling Morgana to aim properly. If 50% of the lines I remember are his, I guess that must mean it was a good performance?

正体を見せろ!*splash*

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

wizard on a water slide posted:

Instead of gender choice protags or w/e they should just write the next Persona game with a female MC, but I assume that's in the same bucket as a game with an adult MC who has a day job instead of going to school as a good idea for mixing up the franchise that will prolly never happen because people are terrible

It sucks how much the creativity of big games like this, like Hollywood movies, is constrained by real or imagined market BS

Hopefully they'll use the assets from P5 to make some weird-rear end poo poo like they did during the PS2 era

Second half of Persona 2 starred Maya, a working adult woman, as the protagonist. It's something they've done before and will probably revisit at some point.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

By my count it's actually just short one girl.

Edit: it works out if you make Makoto the teacher and give Haru the Lady in Black outfit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Koreans are hella racist against Japanese people tho (and vice versa)