Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Captain Baal posted:

Caroline is the best

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mr E posted:

I liked the second dungeon but didn't like that it took so many times of leaving and coming back. I could have easily one-shot it if I wasn't forced out.

you only have to once don't you? I think it's one of the smaller dungeons, they kinda have to have the roadblock to keep everyone from, yea one shotting it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FractalSandwich posted:

Please don't date your teacher. And don't do it in the game, either.

we hate cops

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Pro Tip: Even after you complete all the Trials of the Burgers you can still repeat the challenge anyways as often as you like. You still get 3 Guts points as well as a free 10 Big Bang Burgers. They're only like 30 HP heals but hey you get them for 500 yen (if done at night).

Also I love the meta commentary this presents.

"Wow you didn't even flinch at that dude how did you get so ballsy?"

"...I ate a lot of giant hamburgers."

"Wow you sure are charismatic and just kinda all around nice to be around."

"Why yes, I take weekly baths with the elderly."

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Saagonsa posted:

Okay but really I'm a dad. is probably the hardest I've laughed at any joke in a video game ever

really the writers saw the jokes about people loving 'completely insane/rear end in a top hat protag' as an option in 4 and went with it this game.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Captain Baal posted:

I finally have best boy on my time, hallelujah.

weird I figured you already would have been to Yusuke's part...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Captain Baal posted:

I removed Yusuke from my team as soon as I got Goro

the game should probably give you a bad ending for that :colbert:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bardeh posted:

Can you please spoiler poo poo like this

he's in the OP with his weapons and poo poo described, and while I admit I've almost literally just got to him he was introduced in nearly the exact same way Naoto was but on a bigger scale, which had to be intentional. It's pretty clear you wind up working with him.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm glad there's people who have come to terms with Yusuke's status as best. Respect to you friend. :hfive:

I didn't like him at first but the lil dweeb grew on me a lot.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea I really can't wait to get Makoto this is the first Persona game where I'm genuinely having trouble deciding my planned team because I kinda love everyone so far even the snippits I've gotten of Famous Trash Boy Cop Goro

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Endorph posted:

the game is pretty balanced around you using everyone what with the exp for benched party members, the fact that you can swap people out in saferooms, and the ability to switch people out mid-combat. you need to decide who to bring for bosses and stuff but for exploring you'll do a lot of cycling if you want to get the whole thing down in one trip.

yea fair, I keep forgetting with this one thanks to swapping being a lot easier it's less 'pick a team' and 'pick a starting lineup and a bench'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Moltrey posted:

goro's a Teenage Cop and I fervently believe that he's more Teen than Cop but i wont go into it

Teen Cops are fuckin narcs, Moltrey, the worst kinds of cops

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Captain Baal posted:

Lol that's also fair, I do love the poo poo out of her amazing persona

they got really cool with persona styles this game, easily the best designs.

Shadows too, though I'm only 2 in.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Jesus does the third dungeon have just no safe rooms? I got fairly into the counterfeiting room and got killed by bad luck only to find my last save was way back in the first safe room....

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dryzen posted:

There's a few points where you open a path to go back to the entrance or that first save room.

I really feel like that palace was made really early on because it's one of the things we saw in the older promotional stuff

yea, found those but I kept going 'I'm sure there's a room coming up though, I'll save there instead', so yea that's on me! Still, unpleasent surprise! I had beaten an Oni into surrendering and everything :bahgawd:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fulchrum posted:

Okay, I'm confused. Dd Kamoshida break Ryuujis leg and claim it was self defense because Ryuuji took a swing at him or not? I am certain he mentioned that Kamoshida broke his leg, but whenever he talks about what Kamoshida did to him he never once talks about that, so it feels like he's burying the lede there.

Kamoshida poo poo talked Ryuji's mom and Ryuji swung on him, Kamoshida broke his leg and claimed self defense. Ryuji focuses on other elements because his whole arc is based around the fact that he feels a lot of shame and regret for letting Kamoshida get under his skin so easily and pretty much playing into his hand perfectly. Kamoshida brings it up to taunt him because he's a huge prick like that, but Ryuji views the incident as a personal failing he should have been stronger than.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Push El Burrito posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/384408932061417472

Replace candles with prostitute teacher and lottery tickets and you have all my money problems. How do I just make a bunch of money so I can continue my vices?

it's gonna be ages until I can afford the psychic poo poo because yea I'm spending all my money on my ho rear end teacher and stuff like eating contests so I can bro out with mr gun man

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

LuiCypher posted:

stop talking poo poo about Becky. I just like calling her that because I'm waiting for someone to say 'Isn't that Kawakami?' and I can be all like 'no its becky'. She ain't no ho rear end teacher, she's just really loving good at working 50 jobs at once.

Now it kinda makes sense why that social link lets you do more stuff in a day.

hey man not hating on her for being a ho rear end teacher. Everyone needs to make some yen, I'm just saying this woman is draining my wallet faster than she drains my...

washing...just washing, this is all very above board and legal and not a front for anything thank you.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Terper posted:

You get to hang out with Lala-chan though

The fact that she's not the S. Link is the greatest disgrace of this game.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
you know I was just gonna complain about the dungeon formula feeling a bit samey but then I did Futaba's

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So, Sun late-stage spoilers.

Did No-Good-Tora just casually figure out I'm a Phantom Thief and drop it to keep things deniable and social? This guy rules.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea as much as I like Ryuji I swapped him for Fox and haven't had any issues, they're both good combat with a healthy blend of elemental and physical skills and utility like Counter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zore posted:

There's a reason they're confidants in this game. Everyone figures out who you are by rank 10 which is rad and so much better than some of the old 'vignettes that go nowhere links' that plagued 3 and 4.

that's real cool. I haven't maxed anyone yet so I was wondering how a few of these go. Yea as much as I liked most of 4 having everyone at least semi tie in to the greater story makes a way better thing overall