Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Baal is this game good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lol there's already review copies of this game out in the wild, they really overestimated the amount of time they'd need huh

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'll say it: This game is never coming to PC

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You should probably see someone about that.

Also yes

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There are no Persona games available on the PS3 except like, the PS1 version of 2. However, all of them are available on the Vita or PSTV.

If you like RPGs you'll probably like this one.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh, forgot about those

Actually no wait, I wasn't counting them because those versions are inferior

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh god maybe mine's at home right now

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lol it's gonna be fine

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Evil Canadian posted:

English dub probably gonna be superior to the weak japanese voice actors just like persona 4 was :getin:

Dehry posted:

This time around the whole "Japanese dub is better" crowd is going to hear the screeching mascot character.

Okay, I wouldn't go that far, the JP dub of P5 is actually good, even the screeching mascot character.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Please don't feed the Aurain

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Josuke is known for his bad dubpinions, so the "I was faking" defense doesn't really fly lol

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm gonna do English for the first playthrough then try Japanese, I usually just stick with English but the JP track seems real good.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This game is gonna be worse than Nier

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That sounds rough, my life is bad

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Also play Nier shitlords

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

wizard on a water slide posted:

No need for this 2017 is shaping up to be an Epic Year in Gaming and its possible to like both games as well

I don't actually care about any weird rivalry between Persona and Nier, just trying to share my love for Nier through the medium of shitposts

Persona's gonna be good, I'm hype for it, it's just that posting negatively about it in this thread is funnier to me

Also Nier is legit the best game I've yet played this year

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't think a lot of the people here who have already played this game are so hot on P4 anymore. I mean, I still love it, but the Megaten thread at large is a little sick of that game.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Captain Oblivious posted:

Aw man is it no longer hip and with it to like Persona 4

Am I the olds? Am I...gauche???

It's just a game that people have had eight years to really pick apart, there's still people coming in who are new and really enjoy the game and nobody begrudges it, but there's a lot of weird complaining too.

For the record, I'm the exact same way with Persona 3. With some distance my opinion has changed, and I now believe key parts of that game just don't work.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

nah persona 4 is a good game, some people where just upset after it got a remake, two anime, two fighting games, a movie, and a dance game

Yeah it's also this.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Endorph posted:

i know people who played p4 when they were 12 years old and loved it

13 but yeah

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wait no I was fourteen, lol, I forgot how old I am

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

sao rules, ahahahaha

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lol are you loving kidding me

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah, same, and now I'm reading a Reddit post that says actually it's just a supplier cancelling orders? What the gently caress is going on

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm glad we as a society have accepted that Persona and SAO are Just The Same Thing, it brings me life

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah Suikoden 2 is bad

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I got that trophy on my first run

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Koromaru sucks

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Koromaru is a joke character except they forgot to add a joke or a character, so instead his very presence annihilates the game's tone to no real end.

I mean, whatever, I appreciate how dumb it is, I brought him to the final boss my first run, but there's nothing to him.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

wizard on a water slide posted:

it's weird to think koro is a joke character who "annihilates the game's tone", while having no issue with a cute robot teenager who learns how to love and a wise 10 year old

Have I got bad news for you

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Man, that would suck, imagine if they did that

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Labrys is the only good robot.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Please don't talk about Zestiria, you'll give me war flashbacks

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Eh, Prompto was the best voice acted character in XV so I'll reserve judgment

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm Prompto

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Captain Baal posted:

Fwiw, I played Berseria mostly in english, but I switched to JP on occasion because it has VAs I like in it and both tracks are v solid.

It's the weird example where out of the principal cast Ben Diskin is on the decidedly lesser end of my appreciation, though that's not because he's doing a bad job but instead because Rokurou is kind of a static character who isn't that interesting compared to Velvet or even Laphicet.

Good voices all around tho, Ray Chase is versatile as hell and I didn't know Mittelman was in it until today.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hey here's the Arist Take™ on New Chie: I prefer the tone and inflection of New Chie's voice but as someone who was literally playing P4G not five minutes ago I am never not aware I am listening to someone reading their lines. I like the feel of it better, but the performance is probably worse.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Also I didn't read the OP because gently caress Baal

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm willing to give these VAs a lot of leeway, I'm sure they'll do fine. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think I just can't notice lisps because I never hear them on anyone.