Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Expect My Mom posted:

I don't know how this gray area the party has doesn't extend to players.

(It's because the writing surrounding it isn't very good and so it feels unearned)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Shinjobi posted:

I mean, Adachi was an rear end in a top hat who sucked but wasnt his social link about how badly he sucked? Golden didnt shy away from that, I thought.

What I remember of Adachi's Social Link was really good about this. Through just a few events you both see that he is capable of genuine kindness in his own way through his interactions with Nanako, but also that his cynical above-it-all attitude hiding just beneath the surface has totally poisoned his ability to interact with people as shown with his interactions with the old lady who dotes on him.

e: Man, I should replay Golden.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

small brain: akechi is going to be redeemed in royal

galaxy brain: they're going to let you romance sae and it's going to be hilariously awful

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What I mean is that Sae is a nightmare person

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They have not confirmed it either way to my knowledge.

But you can't.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I should really unbookmark this thread because people are real bad about tagging spoilers

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's a musou (Dynasty Warriors-like).

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Gen. Ripper posted:

No you cannot date Lavenza you morons. Put down your calipers and scientific treatises about how the deviant Oriental loves raping little girls.

Uhhhhhhh

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Geostomp posted:

https://youtu.be/zC1T_MblQ60

So Sophie’s an anti-Shadow AI. Yes, this means that the Phantom Thieves have battle not-robot. The Investigation Team is the only group without a killing machine in the crew.

Goddammit I hate these loving robots

Labrys can stay

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Suplex Liberace posted:

hello i have a question about the steelbook edition of persona 5, is the disk different looking than the normal release?

No.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

March 31

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SpazmasterX posted:

Hmmmmm, I would like to get another steelbook but i don't care about the mask. Is there another version that's just a steelbook like the original?

I believe so, yes.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The DLC for Royal is all new stuff, the old DLC from the base game is going to be free for everyone.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

March 32nd

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sup buddy, I also have that Morgana Nendo, though I immediately put him in his All-out Attack pose and never switched him out of it because it's easily his best

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Knowing what I know about Persona 5's development I really doubt that any of its many delays were actually due to the PS4. The biggest delay was due to the 2011 earthquake after which the game was pretty much entirely re-written and re-structured.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Outside of the general structure of hallways it's not actually that much like P4, its issues are its own.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sydin posted:

The space dungeon is really bad and it's not helped by the fact that Sweatshop is easily the weakest dungeon track in the game.

This is categorically false

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Ultimate edition comes with the steelbook instead of the regular case, if you care about that

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oxxidation posted:

a fully retranslated script is maybe the one thing that would compel me to give royal a shot, if only to compare/contrast

akechi would be interesting because his artificial unctuousness was his main personality trait and that actually benefited from the robotic localization

Lol, nope

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Actually, hold on a minute, I'm noticing some really, really minor dialogue changes, like the word "easier" being changed to "easy," but they didn't fix any of the actual awkward phrasing in that scene :psyduck:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If you're curious about how they changed the scene with the gay predators:

https://twitter.com/Shock_and_Roll/status/1239917795531460610?s=19

Like, they're not loving with the models so there's only so much they can do, but it's not terrible.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I actually read a pretty interesting take on Erica from Catherine from a trans woman who praised the character for not being defined by her trans-ness or trauma. Even the weird comments she gets from the rest of the group were explained as both "Vincent's a dick" and "while it sucks it's kind of realistic in that regard." One of the main sticking points was the game resisting the impulse to show her pre-transition. And then, in a classic Hashino move, guess what they do in Full Body, lmao

Arist fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 21, 2020

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

seiferguy posted:

Still wondering if I should grab the ultimate edition for all the DLC... they haven't given any indication what's in those 6 DLC packs have they?

Some new costumes, some battle packs that I have no idea the contents of, and new Personas, I think.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

We should probably a new thread just to detail some of the changes in the OP so there's an easier source of information on that stuff. I also hear that there's possibly some sort of requirement in terms of Confidants for the new chapter, so that should go in there too if so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I threw together a bad thread for Royal here, just to cover some of the base questions people might have:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3918515