Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Yesterday I found out the Smash 4 announcer is the Protagonist's VA. Good for Xander Mobus, he made it.

Unrelated: http://personacentral.com/persona-5-yusuke-ps4-theme-avatar-set-now-free-eu-playstation-store/

He is also the voice for Dagda in SMT IV apocalypse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Motto posted:

if anyone asks why I haven't watched past ep1 of sao this is why now

You are not missing anything.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I wish they went with Smt IV Apocalypse for the dlc because that way everyone has a distinct costume.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I might use a guide to maximize social stats as leveling those up is always such a pain.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

boy are my arms tired posted:

also fuuka was the best support

Why? She is a dull character who barely does anything to help you. No matter what you think of Rise at least she actually supports you.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
My copy is finally being shipped.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It was actually Mara that he summoned. Also I will take any excuse to post this picture

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mr E posted:

Are the difficulties in this similar to P3/4 where the hard modes the first time thru tend to be annoying rather than challenging? I'll just go with normal if so.

The real challenge is going to be time management more then anything else so don't worry about the difficulty level.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Any link to a good social stat guide? I have found a couple that just list activities but I would like to have one that goes into it with a bit of depth.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Finally got to play the game and while real life calls, the sheer style of the game is amazing. My only issue is that Joker seems to responsive to my commands so he often runs into things.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I have to say the game has done an excellent job in making me hate the first villain.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I didn't think the game could make me hate the first villain anymore, but somehow they have found a way.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Honesty trying to tell who is the real victim in that relationship is an academic one at best as the amount of poo poo that both have to deal with is horrifying.

On a gameplay note I don't remember knowledge being such a pain to level up.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So I had some trouble with the boss of the second dungeon. A combination of not having the right healing items and trying to handle the fight with grace made the entire thing a nightmare. Then I decided to go gently caress it all and spam rampage as the game thankfully does not use the press turn system. Once I did that the boss went down easily enough.

Also I am loving Makato so far as seeing her follow me in the rain was adorable.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So is there a good guide on how to receive requests or do the majority of them just come to you naturally?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Captain Baal posted:

You get most of them naturally

As a follow up question, how often are they in quest chains?

I am curious to see if Sae will ask Joker about his love life due to the strong possibility of him dating her younger sister.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
As a general point make sure you are doing the Strength link. For the 2nd and 3rd boss the persona they wanted me to make was a major part of my success. In terms of social stats I am just about to take the final in July and have finally manged to raise my charm to 3 (started late on the sun s-link) which is equal to every other stat I have besides knowledge which is 4.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

wizard on a water slide posted:

jesus, either your s links are lower than mine or I've somehow wasted a LOT of time

My social links are a bit lopsided. In general I prefer just getting the stats up first so that when it comes to a second play through I can just relax and focus on the links.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So where do you get the book that helps with the flower shop job?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

fadam posted:

I've never really played a Persona game before, how badly can I gently caress my poo poo up if I don't follow a guide?

Going in without a guide what so ever may be a bit much. If you allow yourself to look up answers to questions in class, how to start certain social links, and how to fuse the persona you want then you will do just fine. All three issues are things that you should feel no shame in looking up as a lot of the lesson stuff will be about material that chances are you have not even heard about, some of the social links take a lot of effort to start, and figuring out the fusion charts is a nightmare.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bardeh posted:

I see people doing laundry when I check the Network stuff, but whenever I go there Morgana just says I need to have something dirty to wash. What does doing laundry get you, and how do I get dirty??

When you pick up dirty (cursed) items in the dungeon you can go wash them to get you more stuff.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bardeh posted:

Huh, I haven't missed a single loot object in any dungeon (I've completed the first two palaces and done a fair bit of Mementos) and I never got one. RNG I guess?

I think so as while I have yet to do laundry I have picked up a couple pieces of dirty clothes in the early dungeons.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

Uh Makoto always owned, did you not catch her following you

It is such a treat when you first see her do it.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So what level is everybody when they start the fourth dungeon?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Thankfully I have a save before I enter it as right now my level is 25.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Harlock posted:

Stray thoughts~

Kind of upset at how fast I beat the second dungeon boss that I didn't even get to do the special order. It's funny how the same Personas/Demons are useful in every game. Right now I have Leanan Sidhe as my boss magic user and Oni as my physical guy. That carried me through a lot of SMT4.

Is there a costume / clothes shop to buy other outfits or did they make them all DLC from other games?

The only time I saw him go back into the painting for a third time was when half my team was dead and I was waiting for a reset.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Harlock posted:

Use multiple hitting physical attacks (Rampage?) with Ryuji, Yusuke, Joker to kill the eyes and nose. Then use spells to finish off the mouth. Nuke the boss when he shows up with everything. Repeat.

In a weird way this endeared me to the boss as it goes against almost every instinct the SMT games have put in me.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Moltrey posted:

I already can't decide who to date, and I literally have not met any other female characters aside from Ann and Tae

Don't worry about that. The decision only gets harder later on in the game. Hell I was sure I was going for Ann and then Makoto showed up and everything got so much more difficult.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is there a way to get pierce phys anymore?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
If you have a persona of the same arcana then the range is 0-3. If you do not have a persona of the same arcana then the range is 0-2. Of course for some options there is no way to actually net any points.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Supremezero posted:

Wait, why? What happens?

She claims that she wants to watch a movie by her favorite director but in reality she just wants a friend to go watch a Yakuza movie with.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Gorp posted:

Futaba rank 10 is an mvp in general. Shes how to do a "support" character right.
Final Guard makes the last boss a joke because he wastes 3 turns charging something that you don't have to care about.

They had already mostly figured it out in P4G.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Sojiro really is awesome.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So have people been regularly grinding in this game as I just checked the average level and it seems as though I am 3 levels below average.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Pollyanna posted:

Who is Sun? How do I know if I have all social links available by the end of Palace 4?

Sun is the politician and by definition you will not have access to every social link until you have a full party.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

PirateBob posted:

How much SP do I need to beat the boss of the first palace? Playing on normal, level 10. I've reached the throne room where you look down on him, but I was thinking of doing some more grinding before fighting him.

Grind as much as you want as you have to leave the dungeon before you get a chance to fight him.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
gently caress Ghastly Wail.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is it a glitch or does the big bang attack heal characters with the hungry status?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is there any reason not to send the 6th calling card as soon as possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
They should have had the Justice Arcane break and turn into something like the hunger arcana when you get betrayed