Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Tae posted:

Nier runs better on pc, whatchu talking about

Depends? I've heard people with much better machines than I own still suffer from the magical white screen and crashing problems which they haven't patched. PS4 does suffer some frame drops but no crashing and broken graphics. Also, I'm still waiting for some cool mods to fix the slow subtitles and more clothes for 9S.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

slev posted:

Let me put 9S in 2B's outfit

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Does the font improve or you just get used to it over time?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

How is the ENG VA? I checked out the promo from atlus a few months ago but I realized I'm missing battle quotes by playing with JPN VA. Also I like Igor's new VA compared to the original.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Is there a forever alone or bros over girls event like P4? This is important as I need to overschedule Akira to be the bestest HS/thief/rebel in the world.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Captain Baal posted:

I removed Yusuke from my team as soon as I got Goro

Yusuke is good and I'll probably have all boys party because of reasons. I'm finishing up the 2nd palace but my stats are very low :v:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I just use my favorite characters and ignore efficiency just like pkmn.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Where is the diner again? I wish I could read books in my attic too. Also how did you rent movies?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Since they banned LP/clips of P5 on YT how will I know all the extra SL events if I don't date everyone? For 90% of games I just do one PT and watch events on YT <:mad:>

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Andrast posted:

Here's a hint: youtube

They made the guy delete all his videos for (c) strikes.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

JT Jag posted:

I would play a Persona visual novel

This is better though

There's a lot of VNs that take place in HS with stat-raisers like Tokimeki Memorial series. I played them when I was younger but they're a challenge to get into because endlessly farming activities is just as fun as it sounds on paper.

btw: Lol if you thought stat-checks in P5 were a pain you need something like 100/100 for 8 stats for a Good End.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Catherine started out cool but I hated both women by the end so I went off into space. Best ending.

Is the gym worth it?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yusuke has a weird food thing, doesn't he

No he's just into art.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

It's a shame there's no same-sex romance options in this game because Yusuke, Akechi, and Mishima are all pretty much well set up for it in various ways.

Mishima feels like a fan club than actual friend...

I would date the hell out of Yusuke, Ryuji, and Pleasant Boy though.

Alder fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Apr 11, 2017

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Captain Baal posted:

I don't want to gently caress Ryuji, he is my bro.

He can be both! I like him more than all the best friend characters so far.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Dragonatrix posted:

"Friends nowadays get THAT close to each other?"

We have 10 GFs

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I turned the difficulty down to Easy after dying for the 2nd time to a mob because I'm tired of losing progress. No regrets considering that I need to clear Mementos too after the palace. I thought the BGM for the Mementos was OK but now I hear it in my nightmares over and over at last P3:FES gave me the option to switch soundtracks.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

How do you watch DVDs with the tv? I just sit down by the couch.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

They scanlated the P5 manga already? I must read it but I can relate to him so much esp art books are expensive if you're broke af.

I'm going with Yusuke as asexual because why not he loves art more than anything else. Also, I can understand since his entire scholarship is based on his talent and losing that would be horrible.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

TYH edition in stock: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GKHJPAC?th=1

welp, I already bought it digitally so yeah.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Anyone find it odd how MC's parents are OK with their son having a criminal record but no history of violence? I know adults are bad but his parents are just :confused:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

Probably caved to pressure from their peers, but yeah, odd that it never really comes up.

Yes, it's just odd since we have real cases where parents either are in denial or completely disown them. I hoped they would clarify that later but so far nothing.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

I'm only just to Mementos tutorial, but gently caress the haters, this place seems pretty great and chill.

Return in 20+ hours later.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Sigh, I'm only starting 4th Palace because I'm a turtle.

Anyways, it made me realize how much I wish Makato was the MC of the game. Although, I find Akira to be cool and all he needs some kind of VA other than the silent protagonist. The entire game would be about her solving crimes and trying to redeem herself to her older sister/society being more than honor student.

e: I want Vel to return and star in her own Persona game.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah, I picked all the dialogue choices that were like, "OK, other world, magic powers, let's go kick some rear end" and I loved that Makoto basically did the same thing

Well Phantom Thieves were gaining popularity so it'd make the most sense in a way :v:

Hell, if you told me I'd be allowed to join a magical anime club to rob Trump's Palace so he'd be less of a terrible human being I'd be OK.

Clarste posted:

The gap between P2 and P3 was about the same length as the one between P4 and P5. Are you trying to say that P4 also killed the series?

Confirmed: Yu ruined Persona.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

SettingSun posted:

All of the adult dateable women are as hilarious as they are weird.

Chihaya: "Akira-kun, are you...into older women?"

>Hell yeah I am!

I can't take him dating adults seriously because no :catstare:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I went with Mishima to the planetarium and man this kid is a creep

Is this working as intended? I didn't have many friends in HS but I'm sure I didn't scare people either.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

What's up with akechi-kun and pancakes? His briefcase is dorky and it's awkward to keep running into him. Also why can't we go on dates together?!

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The Gorp posted:

Persona 5 portable female MC in 2 years.
You will finally be able to date akechi, and absolutely nobody else.

Yusuke and Ryuji too. I hope it'd be on any platform but switch.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

spit on my clit posted:

why do you hate good consoles

It has 1 game out and looks dumb.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

http://personacentral.com/persona-5-dlc-costume-image-gallery/

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Why is Morgana dressed as Aigis and not Koromaru

Cats hate dogs.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

http://www.personaproblems.com/

Ignoring the painful site design, it does make some valid points on P5's TL quality. Also, now I need to actually finish the game...

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Making a website about it seems dumb tho.

It's better than twitter because I hate twitter.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Dr. Carwash posted:

Idk why but I laugh every time this is posted. It just works.

Don't be rude to Pleasant Boy.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

How late does Goro join the team? IIRC naoto joined in Nov and I still managed to rely on her for the rest of the game.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Endorph posted:

p4 doesnt have any actual caucasians but teddie looks white.

actually it's kind of weird that teddie grew a white dude's body when he was hanging out with nothing but japanese dudes and was made by a japanese deity

I thought he was like the Velvet room attendants as they all have unnatural eye/hair colors. Also, I once watched a anime where everyone had black/brown hair with similar haircuts and I had no idea who each person was despite them all having famous VAs.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

OneDeadman posted:

Look according to canon persona -the trinity- lore, when you get old you lose your persona

That entire anime was a mistake and I wish I could get the hrs wasted watching it because I liked Persona.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Can I take screenshots on PS4 now? Every time I open share menu it just asks me to share on social media when I just want to use it as my profile cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I hated the 5th Palace since I relied on Physical attacks to wipe out mobs and it felt 2x the length of the earlier places due to running around the map. I hope it gets better since I'm winding down to the final stages and I never used Haru...