Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
goro the god

glad they seem to introduce the Important Dectective Who Is Obvs Going To Join You early, hope he's not as late as Naoto tho where it just feels like "who the gently caress are you?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Dang, I really need my boy ASAP.

You got Naoto in like....mid-later October/Early November iirc (i do not recall correctly) which is like, kinda crazy for a game basically ending in December.

also sounds like Goro's role is much more than a snark machine or Spouting Exposition At Everyone Cause They Needed Someone Smart To Progress The Narrative so im excited for this boy

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
why is there not more outrage about The Great Goro Conspiracy, Atlus is loving us again, they made a character too good and are trying to erase him #gorogate

e: I had Baal's goro avatar as my discord avatar for a while and was going to make it my SA avatar until I saw Baal had it.

that's my story, little slice of for ya there

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
uhhhhh, Face/Off loving rules

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah I think it's tomorrow. Giant Bomb's got their Quick Look tomorrow and I know Polygon's review goes up tomorrow too

e: also Day Breakers is fine but i think it's impossible for Persona's combat to translate to interesting fight scenes cause it's just Stands coming out to cast wind spells or some poo poo. What they did with the Mitsuo fight in the P4 anime was cool tho. And seeing Mithras and the fried chicken body onion head guy in animated form in Day Breakers was cool

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Mar 29, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
East would be so perfect and if they weren't already doing Yakuza 0 which also owns, I feel like they'd HAVE to do it

I've come to terms that no one on Giant Bomb is going to stick with P5 tho aside from like maybe Jason and Alex

0/10 no chie no funky student

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I finally watched a trailer with Igor's new voice and I almost fell out of my chair jesus

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the quick look owns it's a powerful jeff and vinny throwback

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
here's naoto
[posts a picture of a bland text to speech program]

Arist posted:

I might buy this game twice because I don't want to wait the hours it would take for my copy to ship here on Tuesday, rip me
same i really considered pre-ordering it at a physical retailer yesterday since Amazon still has me down for Arriving April 11th

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I was laughing at NeoGAF
same

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I was gonna get it digital, but there wasn't a mention of the size anywhere and I didn't wanna go over my bandwidth cause My Internet Bad

I'll probably cancel my amazon order and end up pre-ordering it else where this weekend cause ya boy aint waiting for amazon, idk why I did that

i'm addicted to schadenfreude so it's a beautiful thing that NeoGAF exists so I have a permanent supply
same I guess, godspeed

e: also yeah people can get weird about video games on the internet and either think you're the idiot for not liking for something or that you're calling them the idiot because they do like something.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i think Zelda owns and I agree with the 10's but also I see what criticism people have and if they don't like it, that it is also fine

Game Review discourse is honestly one of my least favorite things in the world, but recently it feels brought on by so many good games coming out, so that's cool

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah that was tight

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

The way I did game reviews back when I did game reviews was no score because if I can't help you figure out whether or not you'd enjoy the game by giving you my impressions of it via what it does good or not and what it's like, I wrote a poo poo review anyway so that's my bad I failed.

If you're just scrolling for a review score, why bother "reading" a review?
I always liked Jeff Gerstmann's argument for having review scores, in that there's no reason to give a reader less information. Like, yeah it can feel like cheapening your work by then slapping a number at that people will get mad about, but good folks will hopefully still read the words. Again, most don't, but still, I like the idea

Arist posted:

Jeff was too forgiving imo

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
good Ai was so loving good

love a mean girl

Captain Baal posted:

here is the baal review of P5
-There are even more social stat blocks in S. Links than before
im the dumbass where I like this in theory idk if I will in the game

Dojima and Nanako's link being the only one in P4 where you need like high Understanding or whatever to progress because of how real it got was cool and i wished there were more at the time

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Ai and Saki Konishi's bro were my fav S. Links in 4, i remember really liking them

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
shogi girl should teach you actual shogi i wanna play

Captain Baal posted:

Those were two of my favs as well
word

I also remember liking Yosuke's a lot, but I feel more likely to be wrong on that. Like I remember they actually made him a good dude put in a bad spot in his scenes, but also S. Link Yosuke and plot scene Yosuke were two completely different people

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 29, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Jimbot posted:

We're talking about him in the giantbomb thread. His writing is pretty on the nose for a lovely teenager.
that's true, but social link yosuke like, kinda has his poo poo together, feels actually somewhat mature where he realizes his faults and stands in his truth iirc and cutscene yosuke is like his dumb identical twin

also i love giant bomb, but i would not post in the giant bomb thread if gods themselves threatened to tear the world asunder if i did not

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Saint Freak posted:

The thread used to be in games and the mods banished it to a different forum cause they couldn't take all the reports so you're not alone here.
i used to lurk a bit when i found it, but i think it honestly started having a negative affect on my health, it was like i was poisoned . it truly confounds me how like everyone in there was so awful and hateful

Zore posted:

Cutscene Yosuke tends to be with multiple other people while S-Link is one on one with the protag. I know a fuckton of people in real life who act more mature in one on one settings than when they're hamming it up for a group.

Teddy and Rise have a similar dynamic.
This is a good point too, I feel like some part of it may be that a lot of his S. Link scenes take place at his work where he's a beleaguered middle manager and like, actively loathed by most of the employment. Also that the plot scenes can't account for S. Link character development either things return to the status quo by the end or development is just ignored

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i thought the P5 MC was like, a senior so it'd be less weird, but no the dude's like 16 so whatever

anyway Sun was the best P3 S. Link, hope you're in a better place dying man

literally who

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah it's little overwrought how much everyone is just "Man, gently caress this garbage crime boy, he should die in the street", but also not surprising considering this powerful political man got you branded with an assault charge and you're sixteen years old and from a small town the way Sojima calls you Country Boy

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Captain Baal posted:

Second OP has been updated with DLC list, trailers, and the PS3vPS4 Comparison vid and a gif of best boy

hi baal, i don't think there's enough best boy in the op

if you wanted to add more, i'd suggest

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lmao gently caress yeah love ya baal

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Arist posted:

watching you peons beg for baal's attention is shameful
ill lick anyone's boots to get best boy recognized

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
put me in the goro one cause i loooove goro

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
that's goro!

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 30, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Captain Baal posted:

Except for the part where their S. Links were on a time limit so the loving social stats acted as a barrier. There's also one where you need four courage to even start and then suddenly get blockaded by rank 5 courage like 4 ranks in. It's annoying as hell.
Oh for sure, it'd be better if they did away with them completely, but like, I like the idea behind them a lot rather than the actual gameplay purpose they serve.

In sorta the same vein, the courage options early in P4 where it's like Ask Yukiko For Her Number that couldn't be gotten unless you were on New Game+ was super dumb because they did was go like "Oh....yeah sure here ya go"
which i guess is funny because that's usually the response you get when asking new friends their number but for teenagers you really would feel you needed Rank 5 Courage to ask a girl that

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Mar 30, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

you definitely need rank 5 courage if you're going to willingly involve yourself with the boredom singularity known as amagi yukiko
I'd take Yukiko on a nice taco date before I spent a second on Meat Girl or Encyclopedia Brown Doogie Howser over there

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I downloaded the Yusuke theme and now my PS4 is just busy as hell

release the goro theme atlus I'll buy it

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Gonna pay $7 for if... DLC cause I'm real as hell

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
cause she plays shogi and at that point why wouldnt you

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
she's a girl in this game and you have a social link with her

so yes

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
drinking your like five 1000yen soda for 10SP a can and barely having any money for stat raising poo poo is extremely Persona these days

Captain Baal posted:

Mind you, you will sometimes have your MC killed out of nowhere and that is basically all of the game's difficulty.
finally, a real shin megami tensei game

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Tae posted:

So are date statuses a separate thing now? Got to the first rank 10, and there was no "DATE ME NOW, NOW? NOW" option after the persona upgraded.
you choose the romantic option at like Rank 9 and the only people you can't romance are the Velvet Room attendants and Sae so I guess they got rid of the This Is A Serious Decision Prompt so you gotta use your brain to say you love someone

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
He's talking about P4G giving you access to costumes the character actually wore like their gym clothes or their winter outfits, or even joke stuff like wearing Dojima's clothes, holiday themed stuff or Neo Feathermen outfits.

The answer to that as far as I know is no, though casual clothes and school uniforms are available as free DLC next weekend. Everything else aside from that and swimsuits are paid

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
this game owns
(localization spoilers)

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

RME posted:

woah dont let atlus know youre taking pics of your game
not my pic, game cops aint got nothing on me

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

ImpAtom posted:

The police don't care about your actual guilt, just if the person accusing you is rich enough. :colbert:
oh poo poo, guys help ive been labeled as a smuggler and am dragged away to go live with some sort of a family friend in tokyo where i'll have to repeat high school help!!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
persona 5 is antifa and my hot take is that loving rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
For real tho, I'm into how the big thing of Persona 5 is how hosed up adults are and that it's up to the younger generation to change things for the better, by force if necessary.

Like Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There is just a song about being a rowdy millennial and destroying the Olds and it's rad