Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

enojy posted:

I'm also glad I haven't read/seen a thing about it. I didn't even read the OP.

I've also been avoiding reading much about Persona 5. Part of the fun about P3P and P4 for me were how little I knew about them going in beyond the basic premises and then getting caught up in all of the different systems between the Social Links and the more typical JRPG mechanics for hours upon hours- I'm hoping P5 can recapture that for me.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Mar 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

For a while I thought because I liked P3P and P4 I would like the other SMT games, and I wasn't able to get into any of them.

Like not the even the promise of Dante from the Devil May Cry series was able to keep me engaged through Nocturne.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Looks like my Steelbook is also good, must be because of my maxed Social Link with an Amazon employee.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I still say the worst arc of SAO is Mother's Rosario since its the only time I thought it was biting off more than it even had business trying to chew to begin with. Messing up silly death mmo games is one thing, introducing a brand new character only to have them die of literal, actual AIDS several episodes later is...incongruous, at best.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Mailer posted:

I know I don't have to bother trying to platinum it because they copied the bullshit Rise trophy from P4G for Futaba but doing all the other things would be good.
What's the story here?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Huh, okay. I'd assume they want you get that by using a different party in NG+ but those are my least favorite kind of Trophies in games.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

tithin posted:

I know nothing about the game and haven't watched anything other than the initial teaser trailer

Ama
About three weeks ago I went to take my recycling bin inside from my curb, only to realize that it was gone. There was a full bin in my neighbor's yard, but it was filled with trash that was not mine. The bins of all of our neighbors at this time were empty. I searched high & low across my house and neighborhood for my own bin and could not find it. Later in the day, the bin mysteriously reappeared in my yard, and it was now empty too. I sneaked over to the neighbor's house, and their bin was also empty too.

tithin, what do you supposed happened to my recycling bin for that stretch of time it was missing?

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Mar 27, 2017

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Saint Freak posted:

Yeah it worked for other goon-favorite game: Final Fantasy XIII
Consider the following: the guy with the motorcycle in FF13 had one of the best themes in a game that had quite a bit of nice music, if nothing else.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

PS4 has Persona 5, Bloodborne, and god damned Super Robot Wars games in English.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tae posted:

I don't know any Nic Cage movies other than memes and gifs
Go watch Raising Arizona, Wild at Heart, Face/Off, The Rock, and Adaptation.

Do it right now. Back to back.

EDIT: Also watch Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans.

EDIT 2: And also Bringing Out the Dead.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 29, 2017

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

If a movie where Nic Cage hallucinates Laura Palmer as Glinda the Good Witch is bad then frankly there are no good movies.

On a related note if I watch the promotional OVA for Persona 5 before playing the game how spoiled will I be?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Harlock posted:

There's a big concern in Japan especially of people streaming games just to listen to the music. They take their music copyright super seriously over there.
Huh, that explains why the PS4 Kingdom Hearts games have that weird notice that says something like "STREAMING OUR GAMES IS OKAY BUT NOT IF YOU'RE PRIMARILY DOING IT TO LISTEN TO THE MUSIC!"

I always thought that was a strange thing to include.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I didn't preorder through Amazon until December and my copy has already shipped. :smug:

April Fools! I'm still awaiting shipping confirmation too. :smith:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Moltrey posted:

i mean it sincerely when i say im jealous of all the people ITT what got no responsibilities
I work from home so that means I either have an absurd amount of time to play games on some days or have to work knowing my PS4 is on the floor above me.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

bennyfranks posted:

what are you guys gonna name your guy
I haven't decided yet.

I'm tempted to just go with Arsène Lupin.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Frankly I'm more bothered by the lack of subtitles in some animated cutscenes than a few stiff lines.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

New Igor's voice is cool because that deep voice not seeming like it should belong to that scrawny little body of his in any way just makes him feel even more unsettling.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Alan Is More Upset posted:

I wonder if anyone defiantly signed the confession sheet with a "gently caress YOU" and is now named gently caress in all of the dialog...
The confession sheet might be the best reason I've ever seen a video game come up with for entering the player's name.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Agean90 posted:

A pirate stream of the game would fit the games themes pretty well so I'm surprised no ones gone gently caress the system yet
If I didn't know better I would say this is the kind of thing that Atlus is encouraging.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I can't play Per5ona again until later tonight and I'm sad about this.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Lord Koth posted:

Seriously, does a mass party damage move (that I'm fairly sure was a Light attack) that does ~80% damage to everyone, gives me a single turn with one character, then it gets another turn and does it again. Amazingly this was not survivable. Not even counting that it has at least one other physical mass party damage move on its list - just to ensure there's a fair chance it'll pull out one or the other every time it goes.
I forgot what it was like to play one of these games until one of these fucks took my thieves from near full HP to zero with two of those party attacks back to back. Fucker had just barely survived an All Out too.

I'm trying to finish this first dungeon in a single day but the lack of SP is killing me.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hey good luck Levantine. I banged my head against that same part for a few hours today since I was adamant about clearing that part of the dungeon in one day. I had to use all of my healing and SP restoratives but eventually I did it, so I bet you can too.

Some of those enemies are rough though, especially if they get a lucky crit.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Guts seems like a weird stat to me in these games. Like I'm not brave enough to tell a guy to apologize to Ryuji for daring to cut him in line but I can travel to an alternative dimension and fight hoards of demons?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Personally I just hope that this game doesn't end with lol I'm some demonic god who wants to destroy the world and you'll fight me now.

I thought it was a bit dumb in P4 and to a lesser extent P3 when they abandoned the intimate, more personal scale of those games for apocalyptic threats, and I suspect I won't like it here either if the game becomes about that (And it seems like it will based on some things I've heard Igor say so far). Hopefully I'm wrong or at least that it will be integrated better.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Turns out the English voice of Kamoshida was D.C. Douglas. I didn't recognize him, but thinking back I can kind of hear it now.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

precision posted:

Why isn't there a "Morgana shut the gently caress up in battle" button oh my god you stupid stupid cat
What the heck

Morgana is the best and a powerful kitty

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Is there any reason to use Yusuke in the second dungeon?

His skill set seems bad when I have a Jack Frost that can already outperform him, and the three other Phantoms already have niches they comfortably fill.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The only thing you should be worried about is feeding your plant because what kind of monster would let an innocent plant die?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

wizard on a water slide posted:

*raises paw* I forgot
I'm going into your Palace to make you repent for this sin.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The Gorp posted:

I wish only bosses materialized in Momentos. No gooks.
Run away from a Raper that spawns immediately and get to treasure chest enemies.
Dude.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It must be stylized as p6rsona though.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

One thing I think this game may have benefited from is the list of when people get actions from Final Fantasy X.

Like there are moments in P5 where a regular enemy will get like three moves in a row without critical hits and frankly I'm not sure how I was supposed to be able to predict that.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Loving that an unlucky Despair on Makoto and Joker just caused me a game over and like half an hour of progress in the fourth palace.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Pablo Gigante posted:

Status effects are no joke
They really aren't.

I don't remember being this annoyed by P3P and P4 but man do I feel like the aspects I don't like about typical SMT gameplay are really irking me more than ever in P5.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

P5 OST is now on iTunes. $29.99 is a bit pricy but it has 110 tracks.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i kind of hate morgana. "we aren't going to do that today" over and over again for no apparent reason. why the heck is this cat giving orders about daily life?
The cat is your probation officer.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I got the first twenty seconds of the Palace 4 theme stuck in my head for an hour this morning and you guys talking about pyramids brought it back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Endorph posted:

every video game should have the skit system from the tales series, and that includes persona
The conversations as you're running around Mementos are kind of like those. I liked Yusuke just offhandedly mentioning he donated blood the other day and stuff like that.

Tales style skits would be good too though.

E;fb

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 20, 2017