Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
http://personacentral.com/new-test-footage-persona-5-development/

For those who haven't seen it, according to a recent interview you were originally supposed to live together with Sae instead of Sojiro, which seems interesting but they're probably right that the situation would have been too cheesy and maybe a little too similar to living with Dojima in P4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Other than music but that's what YouTube is for

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
It was a really good idea in a game where lots of enemies starting in the early game have Charm spells

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Expect My Mom posted:

hey you said it, not me for once

I'm sincerely very interested in that they're actually giving him a social link you progress on your own time. I wonder if that will help make him more palatable to people felt he was just showing up and talking at the player.

I also wonder if his free days will be pretty strict due to his "work" or if he'll actually be open constantly because of how little a social life he has

But it'll remove the hilariously out-of-place social link level up screens when you fight him in Shido's palace.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

orcane posted:

I've been going through P5 for a while (because I lose interest every 10, 20 hours) and just did the cruise ship palace and uuuh I'm so done with the loving dungeons in this game :argh:

Why doesn't someone else make a similar game except it doesn't take 100 hours, and add Bravely Default's fight frequency sliders while we're at it...

There's only one more dungeon in the game and it's not bad in comparison.
Though I hope you have been going through Mementos regularly...

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Jesus gently caress :thatsrad:

I've never been hyped for a musou before.

e: nor have i been as hyped for persona live this year, esp if the rest of the tracks are half this good

I feel like P5S has enough gameplay elements brought over from P5 that it's more like a half Musou half action RPG more than anything.
Sneaking up on and ambushing enemy groups, casting the SMT set of spells from a menu that pauses the game, using enemy weaknesses/all out attacks, etc.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Folt The Bolt posted:

It still isn't a musou. I like how it looks and I'm getting it since it looks extremely my jam, but I'm not going into this with the kind of mindset that I go into musou games with.

Just to give some idea how the game plays, it's similar to regular P5 where shadows are wandering around in the dungeon and you ambush them and they turn into small mobs of enemies. Fairly often there will be set encounters with medium sized mobs of enemies. In these rooms there are usually objects in the environment that you can use to attack, like jump onto a hanging chandelier and make it fall on enemies. Occasionally there are larger set pieces where you fight large waves of enemies, like defending Futaba from a large mob of enemies while she hacks a console to open a door. The larger set pieces are the most Musou-like parts of the game.
There is a special meter that charges up and lets you do a big full screen attack but it charges up much slower than the ones in Musou games.
In general while your basic attacks are combos which work like musou games, you will be doing a fair amount of hitting enemy weaknesses with spells and doing all-out attacks from them like in a Persona game.
It's a pretty cool game, is anyone else here playing it?

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
I like the original Blooming Villain better, though this version may be better suited to a fast paced action game where the bosses are sometimes small and fast moving instead of always big and imposing.
The remix of Last Surprise is really good though.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I am way more hyped for Scramble tbh.

I'm not buying Persona 5 again for full price, that's for sure, regardless of how much they added. I get that it's a good move for them, they can milk new game hype out of it twice, but I do not get why I can't at least transfer my save so I can NG+ the new stuff instead of slogging through literally everything again.

Yeah Scramble is an actual entirely new game and pretty good, been enjoying it.
I watched/read spoilers for all the new P5 Royal stuff, but if I was going into it blind I would definitely lose patience playing the whole 120 hour game again just to see one new dungeon.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Harlock posted:

This is making me consider not getting it honestly. Golden had stuff remixed throughout, everything I'm hearing about Royal is that it doesn't kick in until you get to about where the regular game finishes.

From my understanding it changes all the bosses, there are some new hidden items to collect using a grappling hook to get to hidden places, there are some new mechanics involving Mementos and a new city area. There are also new social links and some new scenes involving the new characters.
It's not nothing I just mean that any new major story developments don't happen until the end of the original game.
Probably changed at least as much as Golden I don't know never bought a Persona re-release after P3 FES.
Speaking of which P3 FES sure was the laziest in terms of updates to the main game, I think it was literally only "there are some videos you can watch in the SEES control room" and "you can walk the dog now."
Also relegating the best level grinding area in the game to new game+ only.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Sapozhnik posted:

For Madarame, the remake added a second phase where he spawns lovely elemental clones constantly so the idea is you have to chain together a full baton pass and then have Ryuji (whoever) finish up by punching him with the fury of an wrathful god. Which is a neat gimmick I guess but I much prefer the original single phase version, it was the hardest and most satisfying boss battle in the original for me.

Maybe they'll do something interesting for Kaneshiro at least, that guy was really boring. And Okumura too I guess.

Okumura has a robot version of Haru with him in Royal.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Also outside of game/anime stuff, one of the most popular/ubiquitous mainstream TV personalities in Japan who appears in tons of TV shows and commercials is a transwoman, considering things like that it is annoying when people automatically assume that Japan is bad regarding LGBT issues when it may be more progressive in some cases.
In other news P5S is really good, my only real complaint with it is that the loading times on Switch are awful. Not sure if the PS4 version is better about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Was there any DLC besides costumes and personas from other games?